19 - Critical Case

It was a nightmare. Or an horrible movie. It had to be, because it couldn't be the reality. This couldn't be happening. Regina's heart was beating so fast she thought it was going to pour out of her chest. She grabbed Selena's shoulder to not fall under the shock, as Selena was staring at her lifeless friend, her vision buried because of the tears that were streaming down her face. On the ground, Lily started to shake as she was crying a lot, and Zelena, who was trying to not be seen by the other people, fell on her knees as she rest her head against the wall, her tears escaping slowly from her eyes. In the cave, the Doctor Whale started to scream orders.
"Defibrillator!" He screamed as he was starting the cardiac massage.
A nurse arrived with the defibrillator, and the Doctor Whale took the paddles as an other nurse was putting off Taylor's dress. Then he put the paddles on Taylor's chest, and press the buttons. Taylor's back arched under the shock, but the unbearable monitor's noise still remained. The Doctor Whale tried again, when Emma and Elsa were arriving in front of the cave's entrance. The Savior was about to ask them what was going on, but the terrible scene answered her question. She frowned and opened her mouth in shock, while tears were appearing in her eyes, as she was watching the Doctor Whale trying to revive her friend.
"Taylor" Elsa gasped, as her heart was beating faster in her chest. Emma turned her head to look at her friend with her eyes full of terror. "Is she ..."
Emma bit her lips. Elsa didn't dare to finish her question, and no one dared to answer her with words. Emma quickly turned her head to look at Taylor as the Doctor Whale pressed the defibrillator's buttons for the umpteenth time. Taylor's back arched again. Still no heartbeat.
"Lily?" Maleficent exclaimed as she saw her daughter crying, sat on the ground.
She ran toward her and sat down next to her.
"What's going on?" The blonde woman asked.
"I killed her" Lily said in a broken voice, as the tears were streaming down her face.
Maleficent turned her head to see Taylor, and opened her mouth in shock. Then she wrapped her arms around her daughter's shoulders, and Lily rested her forehead against her mother's shoulder. She was crying so much she didn't think she could ever stop.
In the cave, the Doctor Whale tried again, but Taylor's heart was still not beating. The time passed slowly and fast at the same time, as people in the mines approached to see what was going on. Five minutes. Ten minutes. Twenty minutes. The Doctor Whale was still trying to save her life.
"Doctor..." A nurse said.
Regina bit her lips. No. She couldn't said that. She couldn't pronounce those words. The Doctor Whale put down the paddles and started the cardiac massage again. A little curve appeared and a little beep was heard at each of his movements, giving everyone a fake hope. Everyone in the mines were now staring at the cave, a sad expression on their faces. Mary Margaret was hugging Neal tightly, her face wet because of the tears. David was wrapping a arm around his wife's shoulders and the other was around his grandson's shoulders, as Henry's head was resting against his grandfather's shoulder while he was crying. Robin was approaching Regina, and wrapped his arms around her as the mayor's hand was still on Selena's shoulder. Both of the women were crying a lot. Killian was hugging his broken girlfriend, his sad look gazing at Taylor, Anna and Kristoff were beside Elsa, as their cheeks were wet because of the tears. Anna wrapped a arm around her sister's waist, while Kristoff was wrapping his around his wife's shoulders, as they couldn't take their eyes off of Taylor. Ruby, Belle and Granny were side by side as tears were rolling on their cheeks.
"Doctor" the nurse said again.
"No" the Doctor Whale said. "I can save her."
"Doctor it's too late. She's gone"
"No she's not. Give me the paddles."
"Doctor..."
"Now !" The Doctor Whale almost yelled.
The nurse gave him the paddles, and the Doctor Whale put them on Taylor's chest. He pressed the buttons, and Taylor's back arched again, but her heart was still not beating. The Doctor put down the puddles to start the cardiac massage again.
"No" Regina exclaimed in a broken voice as Selena was covering her mouth with her hands, and this time the former Queen fell on the ground. Robin kneeled next to her and hugged her tightly as the tears were rolling on his cheeks.
"She's gone" Regina said as she was crying. "My little sister is dead"
Then she remembered the day she met her, the moment she has changed her mind. When she has met this innocent young girl, the only thing she wanted to do was to protect her. Not only from the world, but also from herself. From the person she used to be, the person everyone feared. And she also wanted to make her happy. But now, it was over. She was gone.
Lily raised her eyes towards her lifeless girlfriend, but couldn't see her because of the tears that were burying her vision. Maleficent couldn't stand to hear her daughter crying, she couldn't stand to see her so broken, and her eyes started to be filled with tears.
"Come one Taylor" the Doctor Whale said as he was forcing Taylor's heart to beat. "Come back to us"
He continued the cardiac massage so hard, but the heart refused to beat by itself. The nurse put a hand on the Doctor Whale's shoulder, and looked at him with sad eyes.
"It's over Doctor"
The Doctor Whale shook his head no, and took back the paddles.
"Last chance" he whispered.
He put the paddles on Taylor's chest, pressed the buttons, and Taylor's back arched. The Doctor Whale looked at the monitor's screen with hope, but the curves refused to appear. He let go of the paddles as he was stepping backwards, looking at Taylor with sad eyes. There was no noise, the only things that were heard were the monitor's noise and the sobs, Regina's and Lily's were the loudest.
"Time of death" the Doctor Whale said as he was watching his watch. "11 ..."
But suddenly, a weak beep was heard. Everyone raised their look towards Taylor, including the Doctor Whale who took some steps forward to approach the bed, as these so much desired curves appeared on the screen. The Doctor Whale took his stethoscope to listen to Taylor's heart. Yes, they were here. These weak but satisfying heartbeats, that were becoming stronger. The Doctor Whale looked at the unconscious woman, a little smile on his lips.
"She's alive" Robin whispered to Regina's ear. "She's alive"