21 - The Fear of a Loss

"No one have seen her ?" Regina asked worriedly as she was arriving in the part of the mines where everyone was with Emma, Selena, Lily and Maleficent.
David, Mary Margaret and Henry were waiting there, with Killian, Belle, Ruby, Elsa and Anna. They all seemed worried, including the sisters of Arendelle.
"No we searched everywhere" David responded.
"But it's okay, right?" Belle asked. "With the bracelet, she can't hurt anyone?"
"That doesn't mean she can't use magical objects or find a way to put it off."
"But if she does what you're saying" Elsa said. "It would be terrible? I mean, we can defeat her right?"
"We can try, but she's really powerful." Regina said. "And with what's happening right now, we really don't need this."
She turned her head to face Lily, a worried expression on her face.
"Go to watch Taylor. And be ready to defend her."
Lily opened her mouth in surprise, while Selena was starting to panic.
"Wait." Taylor's friend said. "You think she can attack her ?"
Regina nodded, looking at Selena with worried eyes.
"She wants to destroy me, and right now Taylor is the most vulnerable person I care about."
"Regina wait." Emma said in a sight. "You saw her in the woods, she seemed really worried"
"As you said, she seemed. You know how she is, she's really good at playing roles."
"I know, but she risked her life to save Taylor. She couldn't use her magic, and she didn't know we were arriving."
Regina sighed reluctantly.
"She's right" someone said behind Emma.
They all turned their heads, to look at Robin who was arriving.
"What do mean ?" Regina asked.
"Well when we were in New York, she was always watching TV shows where Taylor was. And she was always listening to her music. First I thought it was because she really liked it, but now I know it's Zelena, her sister, I think it's because she loves her and she really cares about her."
Regina chuckled nervously.
"I'm also her sister. And the only thing she wants it's to see me dead. Why would it be different with Taylor?"
"Who knows ?" Mary Margaret said. "But you have to accept the fact that she's also her sister. And that maybe, she really cares about her"
"Well" Regina sighed as she crossed her arms on her chest, raising her eyebrows. "Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. But that doesn't change the fact that we have to be careful." She turned her head to look at Lily. "Go. Just in case."
Lily quickly nodded in agreement, and turned around to run towards the cave.
"Now I have to find her" Regina said.
"Perhaps this can help you" Robin said as he was holding out a purple scarf.
Regina took it and examined it.
"That's Zelena's, where did you find it ?"
"Over there, on the ground."
"Thank you" Regina said , smiling at her lover.
"Give it to me" Ruby suddenly said. "Maybe I can smell her."
Regina didn't say anything and gave the scarf to Ruby.
"Smell her ?" Anna said in an amused voice. "Like ... A dog ?"
"Like a wolf" Ruby said with a little smile, turning her head to look at the princess. "I'm a werewolf."
"Oh !" Anna exclaimed in surprise.
Ruby pressed the scarf against her nose, and looked around her, smelling the air.
"Over there" she suddenly said.
She started to walk, followed by Regina.
"So !" Mary Margaret said as Regina and Ruby were gone. "You all know what to do ?"
Every around nodded, except Selena and Maleficent.
"And if there is any problem, come to see me."
Everyone nodded again, and walked away.
"You two" Mary Margaret said facing Selena and Maleficent. "Granny needs help with the food, and there is someone who needs help with a group of children."
"I'll take care of the children" Selena said with a smile.
"Okay" Mary Margaret said with a smile looking at Selena, while she was rocking her baby.
"So that means I'll be stuck with the old werewolf" Maleficent said.
"She's nice, you know"
"I never said she wasn't."
With that, Maleficent walked away.
"The children are there" Mary Margaret said to Selena, pointing to the other side of the mines.
"Okay" Selena nodded "and you're supervising everything?"
Mary Margaret nodded.
"With your baby? I can take care of him, if you want."
"Oh no it's okay. I can't handle it."
"You're sure ?" Selena raised a quizzical eyebrow, looking around her.
There were so many people here. Some wanted informations, others were panicking. Two men started to fight, until David and Killian ran toward them to separate them.
"Umm" Mary Margaret said as she didn't really know what to say.
"Give him to me." Selena approached Mary Margaret, and took the baby.
"You're sure it doesn't bother you?"
"Absolutely." Selena said as she was staring at the baby's blue eyes. "He's really cute."
Mary Margaret smiled, and gave her Neal's bag.
"Thank you" she said.
Selena nodded with a smile, and walked away, while Mary Margaret was trying to make everyone calm down.