32 - The Round Table

"Where are we going?" David asked as he was following Arthur through the castle, with the rest of his friends and family.
"At the Round Table Room. Be honoured, no one, except the Queen, have assisted to a meeting of the Knights of the Round Table."
They stopped in front of a door, and Arthur opened it. Then the group entered the room.
"Wahoo !" Selena exclaimed. "I must be dreaming"
The room was big, and one of the walls was just a big window. There were two red thrones against a wall, and in the middle of the room there was the Round Table. It was a beautiful piece of iron,  engraved, and in the middle there was a big stone, the one where Excalibur was struck in so many years ago. Every knights were standing behind their chairs, waiting for the King, and their swords were put on the table, in a placement made for it. Selena's eyes met Percival's, and they smiled at each other. Arthur moved behind his chair and took his sword, Excalibur, from his waist, and put it on the table, not removing the scabbard. As the group was standing in the room, Arthur sat down, and so did the knights.
"So" Arthur started. "We're here today because our guests here found a way to find Merlin."
Some of the knights started to whisper to each other, while the others were staring at the group that was standing next to the table.
"Gentlemen!" Arthur said, and all of the knights stopped to talk and looked at their King. "There is no time to lose. So the travel will begin tomorrow at the morning."
"Your Majesty" a knight said. "Where will this journey lead us ?"
"To the Brocéliande forest. Also known as the Paimpont forest."
The knights started to whisper again. A bit nervous, Selena looked at Percival. The knight was looking at her, a reassuring smile on his lips.
"But your Majesty" a knight said. "No one has ever found this place."
"We have a way" Regina suddenly said.
All of the knights were now looking at her. Arthur nodded, and Regina approached the table and put the map on it.
"This is the map Merlin left in his tower" she explained. "With this, we can reach Brocéliande."
A knight chuckled nervously.
"I'm sorry, my lady. But we have a lot of maps of Paimpont here. That doesn't mean we were able to reach it."
"Maybe but you didn't have this map."
"And the difference is?"
"Magic. This map is really powerful, and it will lead us there."
The knight nodded, and Arthur cleared his throat.
"So" he said. "Guinevere will stay here and take care of the kingdom. I need some of you to stay by her side, while the others will come with us."
"I'll come with you" Lancelot said.
"Me too" Percival said.
After some discussions, it was decided that five knights will stay in Camelot, while the six others will go to Brocéliande.

"Are you ready for the trip?" Taylor asked as she was attaching the button of her coat.
Lily nodded, looking tenderly at her lover.
"It will be new for me, I've never ride a horse."
Taylor slowly laughed.
"Don't worry, you just have to sit on its back. It will follow the others."
She grabbed Lily's hand, and slowly pressed her lips against her girlfriend's.
"Let's go"

As they were holding hands, the two women walked downstairs. A lot of horses were waiting in the courtyard, and there were also two carriages, full off supplies that would be useful for their journey. Mary Margaret and David were talking happily with Lancelot and Percival, while Regina was approaching with Arthur and Guinevere.
"So" Regina said when she saw her little sister. "I guess we're all ready. Good morning Taylor. Lily" she greeted the girls with a smile.
The women responded with a smile.
"Everything is ready, your Majesty" a maid said to her King.
Arthur nodded and looked at the group in the courtyard.
"Well it's time to go"
Everyone started to climb on their horses. Mary Margaret was carrying Neal, and Roland had insisted to go with Henry. As Taylor was approaching her horse that was next to Percival, she noticed the young girl that was standing next to Henry.
"Violet comes with us ?" She asked, surprised.
"Yes" Percival said. "Her father is Sir Lionel. He is one of the Knights of the Round Table. So sometimes, when we go on a long journey, she comes with us."
Taylor raised an eyebrow.
"She comes because of her father, or because of my nephew?"
"That's a good question" Percival said with laugh.
They both suddenly turned around when they heard some stressed neighs. The horse Lily was supposed to ride was struggling next to her, totally terrified. Lancelot ran toward the animal and made it calm down, while Lily was stepping backward.
"What happened?" Lancelot asked a bit confused.
"I ... I don't know" Lily said as Taylor was wrapping her arm around her shoulders.
"I think I know" she said as she was looking at the knight. She didn't know why, but she knew she could fully trust him. "She can turn into a dragon." She explained in a low voice. "Somehow, it can feel it."
Lancelot nodded as he understood.
"You know what?" Lily finally said. "I'm just going to walk."
"No you won't" Taylor said, staring tenderly into her lover's eyes. "You'll come with me, okay? And your horse will walk by our side, so it'll get used to you."
Lily nodded, and smiled gently.
"Thank you" she said.
Taylor smiled back and took Lily's horse's reins from Lancelot's hands. Then she walked towards her horse with Lily, and climbed on it's back.
"Come on" she said to Lily, extending a hand to help her to climb.
Lily grabbed her hand and get on the horse, behind her lover, and wrapped her arms around her waist.
"Let's go" Arthur suddenly said.
The gates opened up, and all of the horses were ridden out of the courtyard.
"Last time we see this wonderful castle" Selena said to Taylor, as she was not far from her best friend.
Taylor shrugged and turned her head to look at the building.
"Who knows, maybe we can come to visit them one day"
"It would be great" Selena said with a smile.
Then they looked forward, on their way to Brocéliande, while the sun was raising in the sky.