24 - True Love

Emma was sitting on a couch in the library, doing some researches in a book. She was alone, Belle and Lily have left a few hours ago, and she was trying her best to not fall asleep.
"Love ?" Killian called from the door frame.
Emma raised her eyes to look at her lover.
"Hey" she said with a little smile.
"Have you found something?" He asked with a concerned look.
Emma sighed and closed the book she was holding, and put it on the table in front of her.
"Nothing" she said in a disappointed voice. "I'm starting to believe it's pointless"
Killian shook his head and approached his lover, then sat down on the couch next to her.
"I don't think so. Remember what your boy said. Things always look worse right before there's good news."
Emma chuckled sadly.
"Yeah, until now. It's getting worse. I can feel it."
"Feel what ?" Killian asked as he frowned.
"The darkness. Day after day, it's becoming stronger. And I'm scared that we can never defeat it."
"Don't say that, love. You're the Savior"
Emma chuckled and sighed.
"We're trying to discover how the Dark One has been created. And then find a way to defeat it. And we have nothing."
Killian looked at Emma and said nothing. He didn't really know what to say.
"You know what?" He finally said. "I think you need a break."
He took his flask of rum and gave it to Emma. A little smile appeared on the blonde's face as she took the flask, and she took a sip of the alcohol. Then she gave the flask back to Hook, and the pirate wrapped a arm around Emma's shoulders, and the blonde slowly rested her head on her lover's shoulder.
"I love you" Killian said.
Emma raised her gaze to look at him with love in her eyes, and a little smile on her lips.
"I love you too"
She raised a hand and put it on Killian's cheek, and gently kissed him on his lips.

Regina slowly opened her eyes. She stretched her arms and yawned at the same time, and looked around her. She was lying on a camp bed, in a part of the mines.
"Look who's finally woken up" a gentle voice said next to her.
She moved her head and saw that Robin was sitting on ground, next to the bed.
"How long have I been sleeping?" She asked as she was sitting up.
"About twelve hours"
Regina opened her eyes wide.
"Really?"
Robin slowly nodded.
"You were really exhausted." He said with a chuckle.
"Well I hope it was worth it. Is there any news with the researches ?"
Robin shook his head no and stood up.
"Don't worry about it. I know you'll find a way."
He sat down on the edge of the bed, and looked into his lover's sad eyes. Then he put a hand on her neck and put a passionate kiss on her lips. Regina couldn't help but smiled against his lips.
"Now" Robin said as they pulled away. "Do you want some breakfast?"
"Depends, what time is it?"
"3 p.m."
Regina slowly laughed.
"Well I would love to."

Taylor was lying on her side on her hospital bed, and she was listening to her best friend who was talking.
"You know" Selena said as she was trying hard to not laugh. "I've already came in this town. And I've already met some of these people. But now we're all trapped in here, together, I'm starting to believe that we're trapped in Disneyland"
Taylor started to laugh.
"Be lucky we're not wearing clothes from the Enchanted Forest."
Selena shrugged, a little smirk on her lips.
"But they brought bows, arrows and swords"
"Yeah it's a good time to learn sword fighting"
Selena rolled her eyes playfully.
"No thanks."
"It can be useful"
Taylor smiled and then took a deep breath.
"How is she ?" She finally asked.
Selena perfectly knew who her best friend was talking about.
"Good, I guess. The last time I saw her, she was helping Emma and Belle with the researches."
Taylor slowly nodded, staring blankly at the ground.
"You should talk to her" Selena said.
"I know, but I haven't seen her since I'm woken up. I think she's avoiding me."
"She thinks you're scared of her" Selena said in a gentle voice.
"I am" Taylor admitted. She raised her eyes full of tears to look at her best friend. "But I don't want to."
"Maybe I can go and tell her to come here ?"
Taylor bit her lips and stared at the ground, as the monitor's beeps became faster, showing that her heart was beating faster.
"Hey calm down" Selena said worriedly as she put a hand on her friend's.
Taylor looked at her.
"Do it. I need to see her."
Selena nodded, then she stood up from her chair and left the cave.

Taylor was staring at the ground for some minutes, when she felt this strange and good feeling, meaning that Lily wasn't far. She raised her gaze to look at the brunette who was standing at the entrance of the cave, as the monitor's beeps became faster.
"Hey" she said with a little smile.
"Hey" Lily responded. "How do you feel?"
"I'm better"
Lily stayed at the entrance of the cave, and the place was filled with an awkward silence.
"You know you can approach" Taylor finally said.
Lily slowly nodded and started to move toward her lover. But the more she approached, the faster the beeps became.
"You don't have to do this, you know" Lily said in a gently voice. "If you need time, I perfectly understand."
Taylor shook her head no and started to sit up. But she wasn't stable and started to feel dizzy, and Lily ran toward her to catch her before she fall.
"Wow what are you doing?" Lily exclaimed in a worried voice. "Lay back down"
But Taylor wrapped her arms around Lily's neck, and stared at her into her eyes.
"I don't want to lose you" Taylor said as her eyes were filling with tears.
Lily frowned.
"What do you mean?" She said as she put her hands on her lover's waist.
"I love you. And I don't want to be scared of you. So I won't take time. I don't need it. Because you're my true love"
"So you know?"
Taylor slowly nodded.
"Regina told me" Taylor said as the tears were rolling down on her cheeks. "True love isn't easy, but it must be fought for, and be protected. Because once you find it, it can never be replaced."
Lily stared at Taylor with a little smile.
"Just an advice I got from a prince." Taylor said with a little chuckle.
Lily raised an eyebrow.
"A prince ?"
"David."
"Ah" Lily said with a nod, and they both started to laugh.
Then Taylor put her lips on Lily's, and their kiss was passionate, wet because of the tears that were rolling on the blonde's cheeks. Then they pulled away, and Taylor looked at the monitor, where the beeps were really fast.
"Well that's embarrassing" Taylor said as her cheeks were becoming red.
"Don't worry" Lily said with a laugh. "We're alone"
"Not really"
Taylor turned her head to look at the bed on the other side of the cave, where Mr. Gold was lying.
"I'm not sure he can hear us" Lily said with a smile. "Now lay back down"
Taylor nodded and lied back on her bed, and Lily sat down on the chair, and started to make her fingers run in Taylor's hair.
"I'm so sorry" she said in a sad voice.
"I know." Taylor responded in a low voice. "But thank you."
"For what?"
"For trying to protect me"
Lily smiled, and kissed Taylor on her forehead.