17 - Into The Darkness

The Main Street was full of people. Everyone was waiting in front of the library to get in the elevator and reach the tunnels, the mines where they could be safe. Emma was trying, with Lily, David, Mary Margaret, Killian, Granny and the dwarfs, to make the people calm down. But everyone was panicking, and Emma could barely hear her father when he talked to her.
"Is Regina back?" He yelled.
"What ?" Emma yelled back.
"I said, is Regina back ?"
Emma shook her head as an answer.
"Calm down!" She suddenly yelled to the man who just accidentally hit her.
She tried to make her way to the library's entrance and grabbed the man by the arm.
"There is no need to go beyond everyone. Wait there" she said, pointing to the other side of the long lineup.
The man didn't say anything, and walked to the other side of the street.
"Miss Swan ?" Someone called behind her. "Is everything going all right?"
Emma turned around to face Regina who was running towards her with her sister.
"Not really" Emma said in a loud voice. "Everyone's panicking"
"Regina!" David called as he was making his way to her. "Robin went back to his camp, he forgot something there."
"What ?" Regina asked in a scared and concerned voice. "Oh damn it Robin!" She exclaimed.
"Mom ?" Henry called as he was running towards them.
Both his mothers looked at him with surprise.
"Henry?" Emma asked. "What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were in the mines !"
"I want to help!"
"You will help us by being in a safe place" Regina said.
"But there is nothing to do there !"
"You want to help us ?" Regina grabbed the pet carriers Taylor was holding. "Take these, an go back in the mines."
"You want me to babysit cats ? Great..." Henry said as he was rolling his eyes.
"You can also watch Neal and Roland." Emma said.
"But Ruby's taking care of them !"
"I know" Emma said. "Tell her we need her here."
"But ..."
"Henry that's enough!" Regina yelled angrily. "You will do as we say. You will take these cats, go back in the tunnels, tell Ruby to come here, watch Roland and Neal and you will not leave the mines. Understood?"
"Yeah" Henry said as he nodded.
Then he made his way to the library, ready to go back down.
"I have to find Robin before something bad happens to him." Regina said concerned.
"You can't go there alone" Emma said. "Let me come with you."
Regina nodded, and turned around to face Taylor.
"I'll help the others." Taylor said with a nod before her sister could speak.
"Please be careful" Regina said worriedly as she hugged her.
"Don't worry I will"
The sisters pulled away and Regina went away with Emma.
"What can I do ?" Taylor asked David.
"Just reassure the people. There is nothing else we can do right now. "
Taylor nodded and watched everyone, but making them calm down was complicated.
"Taylor you're back !"
Taylor turned around to see her girlfriend running towards her. They hugged tightly.
"I was worried" Lily said as they pulled away.
"Don't worry I'm here"
Taylor gave her a reassuring smile, as she saw Maleficent approaching them.
"Is everything ok ?" She asked as she was concerned.
"Yes mom" Lily said with a little smile. "Is everyone here ?"
Maleficent sighed worriedly as she looked around.
"I think yes. I hope. I've already faced the darkness before but this, it's so strong so ... Powerful"
"We'll go through this" Taylor said with a confident smile.
At this moment, something strange happened. Everything outside became darker. Not like if it was the night, but more like if the sun was going down, or if there was a big storm. But a storm without wind, rain or thunder. It was just dark. Everyone stop speaking and moving, there was not a noise or a move in the street anymore. Just like if the time was frozen. Everyone was looking at the sky, trying to figure out what was happening. Lily wrapped a arm around Taylor's waist while Taylor was wrapping hers around her girlfriend's shoulders. David hugged his wife protectively. Ruby, who was arriving in the street, ran towards Granny and wrapped her arms around her shoulders. Everyone was protecting their loved one, not sure of what was going on.

At the hospital, the last people who was leaving the building stared at the sky. Meanwhile, in her prison, Zelena was also staring at the sky through the dirty window. She had no idea of what was going on, the only thing she knew was that it was magic. Dark, and powerful. Suddenly, she jumped in surprise when she heard someone slamming the door open.
"Miss" the nurse said. "You have to come with me now."
Zelena looked at the nurse with a smirk on her lips.
"No, there is no way I'm going anywhere with you."
Before the nurse could reply, Zelena pushed her on her face. The nurse fell on the ground, unconscious, and Zelena took the opportunity to run out of the room. She had no idea of what was going on, but the only thing she knew is that she was free.