25 - A New Thing

"You don't have to think" Regina explained to Taylor, staring straight into her eyes. "You have to feel it."
They have been struck in the mines for a week now, and Taylor was finally allowed to leave her bed. But she had to be careful, and even if the Doctor Whale disagreed, she insisted to try to practice magic. Regina didn't really agreed with her little sister, but she knew that Taylor could be very stubborn. So she was sitting at a table, Regina was right in front of her, and she was trying to make disappear a little rock that was in the middle of the table. Some people were standing next to them, including Emma, David, Ruby, Elsa, Lily, Selena and Zelena.
"Are you sure it's a good idea?" Lily asked.
"Nop" Regina responded.
"Regina, I'm ready to learn how to use my magic."
"If you have magic."
Taylor rolled her eyes and sighed.
"Cora had magic. Zelena has magic, and so you do. Why wouldn't I?"
"Well maybe you just don't! I don't know why I'm wasting my time."
"What ?" Taylor asked a bit confused.
"Concentrate." Regina said a bit angrily. "Make that rock disappear, or we're done here."
Before Taylor could reply, Zelena sighed loudly.
"Stop it sis, anger is clearly not working with her."
Taylor raised an eyebrow and looked at her oldest sister.
"What are you talking about?"
"Magic is tied to our emotions." Zelena explained. "And anger is the most powerful of all. At least for most of us. But it's not working with you."
"So what do you suggest?" Regina asked, a bit upset.
"Let's try something else, shall we? Taylor, what did you feel the first time you used magic?"
Taylor frowned when she remembered what happened in the forest. It was still a painful memory.
"Fear" she said in a low voice as she lowered her gaze to the ground. "And love" she raised her eyes and looked at Lily, who was staring at her lover, ashamed.
"Ok. Use that."
"Ten dollars she can't do it" David said in a low chuckle.
"Come on dad. She can do it" Emma said.
Taylor looked back at the rock, and stared at it. She thought about her friends and her family, these people she loved so much, and how she was afraid to lose them. She thought about this moment when she has thought she would lost the woman she loved, and it seemed so real tears appeared in her eyes. Suddenly, the little rock disappeared. With a little smile on her lips, she opened her hand that was on the table and it appeared on her palm.
"Wow" Selena exclaimed in surprise.
"I did it !" Taylor exclaimed with a proud smile "I used magic"
Emma raised a hand, and David rolled his eyes and gave her a ten dollar bill.
"Well I'm surprised it took so many years" Zelena sighed.
"Well done, Taylor" Regina congratulated Taylor with a little smile, ignoring Zelena.
Taylor smiled proudly, while she was standing up.
"Now you have to practice everyday."
Taylor nodded, as everyone walked away.
"That's amazing" Selena said.
"Yes, I'm curious to see what else I can do."
"Be careful" Lily said as she was approaching. "You know magic can be unpredictable."
"I know" Taylor said with a smile.
She put a hand on Lily's cheek, and slowly kissed her on her lips. They slowly pulled away and smiled at each other. Suddenly, Taylor jumped in surprise when she felt something at her legs. She lowered her eyes to look down. Roland had his arms wrapped around her legs, and was looking at her with the cutest smile on his lips.
"Got you !" He said playfully.
Taylor looked at him with a smile.
"What are you doing?" She asked with a laugh.
She took the child in her arms, and carried him for a hug.
"Hey Taylor!" Henry called as he was approaching. "Did you do it ? Did you use magic?"
"Yes" Taylor said with a smile.
As she was still carrying Roland, she looked at a rock on the ground. She made a move of her hand, and it suddenly disappeared to appear next to them. A proud smile on her lips, she looked at her nephew.
"Cool !" Henry exclaimed.
"Maybe it can be useful to defeat the Dark One"
"For this I have to practice. And I'm not sure I'm powerful enough for this."
"Why not?" Lily asked. "Look at your sisters. They are really powerful. I'm sure you are too."
"And you have something more" Henry said.
"What?"
"You only have light magic."