45 - The Last Battle

Henry was standing in front of the magical opened door in the mines, waiting worriedly for his family.
"Maybe we should cross it and help them" Ruby suggested.
"No." Henry said. "They will arrive."
And he was right, because soon Merlin crossed the door, followed by the rest of the group.
"Mom !" Henry exclaimed, and he jumped in Emma's arms, then Regina's.
Ruby hugged Mary Margaret tightly, while Maleficent was hugging her daughter, relief to see her back.
"So, I suppose you are Merlin?" Belle asked, looking at the sorcerer.
"Indeed" he said with a little smile.
"I'm Belle" she introduced herself. "It's an honour to meet you"
"So, this is your world?" Merida asked to Taylor, a bit disappointed.
"Yes" Taylor said. "Or a part anyway. Welcome in Storybooke's mines."
"The mines ?"
"Yes, we hid here to protect ourselves from the darkness."
"Speaking of darkness" Merlin said. "It's time to get rid of it once and for all"
"Yes" Emma said. "Come on, we have to go to the library."
They all walked to the elevator and get inside of it. Once the elevator arrived at the library level, both Taylor and Selena's phones rang. Taylor took hers and looked at the screen, then winced when she saw all of the missing calls, voice mails and text messages.
"We'll have to find a really good lie to explain our absence"
"Isn't that your publicist's job?" Zelena asked.
Taylor raised an eyebrow, surprised that her oldest sister knew what a publicist was.
"Yes, but I can't tell her I was in Camelot to find Merlin, and then destroy the Dark One"
"Yeah it would be weird" Selena said. "Anyway I don't care what lie you'll find, I'll just tell mine I was with you."
The walked toward the entrance of the library, while Robin and David were moving a table in front of the door.
"There is something else I need" Merlin suddenly said.
"And what is it ?" Regina asked.
"Well I'll need a bait to attract the darkness. A powerful light magic."
"I can't be used as a bait if I'm already helping you" Emma said.
"I wasn't thinking about you, Emma. I was thinking about her" he said, looking at Taylor.
"No !" Zelena suddenly exclaimed.
"Are you out of your mind?" Regina said. "I can't let you use my sister as a bait!"
"There isn't any other solution" Merlin said.
"It's ok" Taylor said. "I can do it. Nothing will happen to me, right?" She asked to Merlin.
"Nothing. I promise."
"Alright. But I want to stay next to her, in case if something goes wrong." Regina said.
"Me too" Zelena said.
"Alright. The ones who are useless move backwards. I don't want to take any risk." Merlin said.
Everyone moved backwards, except Lily, Merlin and Emma who were behind the table, Zelena, Taylor and Regina who were before the table, facing the library's door, and Elsa who was standing next to the door.
"Are you ready?" Elsa asked.
Merlin took the Dark One's dagger, and put it on the table.
"Yes, we are."
Elsa opened the door, and extended her hands toward the ice wall. A white frozen smoke poured out of her hands, and the ice started to glow, then totally disappeared. It was really dark outside, darker than the last time they were in the streets, and some shreds of darkness were flying. Elsa quickly went away from the door, and Taylor stepped forward with her sisters. Behind her, Lily, Emma and Merlin raised their hands above the dagger. Taylor raised her hands, and a white light poured out of her palms. The shreds of darkness suddenly flew toward Taylor, but she blocked them with her powers.
"Now would be perfect!" Taylor exclaimed.
Lily, Emma and Merlin's palms started to glow, but nothing happened. The darkness was still trying to reach Taylor. More shreds appeared, an before Zelena or Regina could to do anything, the darkness circled the singer. Emma lowered her eyes toward the dagger worriedly. A T and a A were appearing.
"Taylor!" Regina exclaimed.
Zelena ran toward her little sister, but the darkness made her fly away.
Y. L.
Regina tried something, but the darkness made her fly away too. Suddenly, Taylor started to scream as the darkness was coming into her by her mouth and her eyes.
O. R.
"Merlin! We have to do something or she'll turn into the Dark One!" Lily exclaimed.
S. W.
Merlin broke the ritual and extended his hands toward Taylor, and a light purple magic poured out of his hands and hit Taylor on her back. The darkness went out of her body and followed the powerful magic, and as he had a lot of difficulties to control it, Merlin replaced his hands above the dagger, and his palm started to glow like Lily's and Emma's. The darkness suddenly moved toward the dagger and vanished into it, while Taylor's name was disappearing from the blade. Taylor suddenly fell down, but Zelena caught her before she could touch the ground and sat down with her sister in her arms, and Regina, Lily, Selena and the rest of the group ran toward the singer.
"You said nothing would happen to her" Regina said angrily.
Merlin didn't responded, he just walked towards Taylor and kneeled down to examine her, a bit worried.
"She'll be fine" he said while Taylor was opening her eyes, her head resting against Zelena's chest. She looked through the door and smiled. The street was bright again, lighted by a midday sun.
"Arthur" Merlin ordered. "Give me Excalibur. We don't have time to lose."
Arthur obeyed and gave the sword to Merlin, who put it on the table, next to the dagger. Then he took a little box and opened it, and everyone was surprised to see a magical flame. Merlin put down the box on the table, and raised his hands. With a move, he made the flame raise in the air, and made it grow up, making a bowl of fire.
"The Flame of Prometheus, the eternal flame." Merlin explained, taking the dagger in a hand, and the sword in the other. "I used it to forge Excalibur, now I'm using it to make it whole again."
He put the dagger and the half sword in the fire, and everything started glowing. Then the fire disappeared, back in the box, while Merlin was holding Excalibur, that was whole again.
"Here, it's over." He said, looking at Arthur. He held out the sword to the King, who took it with a smile. "Protect it."
"I will" Arthur said.