33 - Just The Beginning

Maleficent was sat at the table, lost in her thoughts as she was staring at an opened book. She was thinking about her daughter, when a knock at the door made her jump.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" Belle apologised.
"No it's okay" Maleficent said as she closed the book.
"It's been three days" Belle said. "Have you found something?"
Maleficent slowly nodded.
"Yes. The spell worked perfectly"
"Then what happened?" Belle asked a bit confused.
"Something, or someone did this."
Belle approached the table, waiting for Maleficent to continue.
"Someone from the outside used their ritual to made them disappear. And whoever it is, he or she is really powerful. And we both know who's that powerful."

Selena and Taylor couldn't stop to laugh. And as their laughs were a bit contagious, Lancelot, Percival, Lily, Elsa and Anna were laughing as well.
"It wasn't the worst part" Selena said while some tears were rolling on her cheeks. "Because..."
"No ! Don't!" Taylor suddenly interrupted her. "Don't tell a word."
Selena slowly nodded, as she was calming down.
"Hey I want to know!" Anna protested.
"But you won't!" Selena said.
"And you?" Lancelot suddenly said , looking at the princess behind him. "Do you have some funny things to tell ?"
Anna raised her eyebrows.
"Actually I have a lot of things. But it would take time to tell everything."
"You know, this journey will take a lot of time" Percival said.
Anna sighed and started to think.
"Well there is this time when I danced with a bust and accidentally threw it through the room."
"You danced with a bust ?" Taylor asked in a laugh.
"It was the first time they opened the gates of the castle. I was really excited." Anna defended herself. "But well. There is this time when I tried to climb on a cliff, but Belle can tell this story better than me. Oh and when I met Kristoff. This whole story is funny. And weird."
"And what about your sister?" Lily asked as she was looking at Elsa.
The Queen quickly shook her head.
"There is nothing."
"Really?" Anna asked as she was glaring at her. "She has a crazy way to chase her own sister. She created a snow monster."
"Oh yes. A snow monster" Taylor said with a little giggle.
"How do you know? You never saw it" Anna said.
"Actually I did" Taylor replied. "Your dear sister decided to scare the whole town by creating a snow monster in the middle of the Main Street."
"Hey I didn't mean it !" Elsa exclaimed playfully. "I was scared and lost."
"Don't worry" Taylor said with a smile. "It's not the worst monster I've faced in my life"
As she said that, she could feel Lily tense up in her back, and she suddenly remembered this awful moment in the forest. Quickly, she decided to talk about something else, a memory she hasn't thought about for a very long time.
"It was an ogre" she said.
"An ogre ?" Lancelot asked, suddenly interested by this story. "Tell me more"
Taylor slowly chuckled.
"It was a long time ago, you know. I was only seven"
"And let me guess" Selena said. "You played the hero?"
Taylor raised an eyebrow.
"Are you kidding me ? I was terrified."

Taylor was running as fast as she could through the forest, as she was holding the sack tightly. She could still hear the footsteps behind her, and it made her run faster.
"Hey stop ! Thief !" The man was yelling behind her.
But Taylor didn't obey, she just continued to run, hoping she could find a place to hide. She finally did, right behind a big tree, and she stayed there listening to the footsteps noises that were becoming quiet. When she finally couldn't hear anything, she opened the sack and looked at her loot. Three apples. Great. She was really hungry, and didn't know when she would be able to steal again, knowing it was the first time she did such a thing. A bit disappointed, she took an apple and started to eat it, walking away from the tree. She finally reached a big clearing and continued to walk, when a big growl made her turn around. Her heart suddenly stopped to beat when she saw the big creature approaching her. It was tall, ugly, and totally terrifying. The little girl looked at it with fear in her eyes, dropping everything she was holding, and suddenly screamed out loud. She turned around and ran away, but the creature was faster than her and suddenly jumped in front of her.
"Hey !" Taylor suddenly heard a voice yelling.
The ogre turned around, and Taylor could see a man in an armour getting off of his horse, and taking his sword. The ogre started to attack him, but he avoided it. Then he tried to attack the beast, but the creature pushed the man who fell on his back. The ogre crouched in front of him and raised a hand, ready to kill the man, but the man suddenly stood up and plunged his sword right in his eye. The creature gave a last growl and fell on the ground, dead. On the other side of the clearing, Taylor was watching, totally afraid.
"Are you alright?" The man asked.
The little girl raised her eyes full of tears to look at her saviour.
"Hey it's alright" the man said, running towards the little girl. He crouched in front of her so he could look at her in her eyes. "It's dead, you see?" He said in a reassuring voice. "You're safe"
He took the little girl in his arms for a hug, and as she strangely felt safe in these stranger's arms, she suddenly bursted into tears.
"Shh it's okay" the man tried to comfort her.
After some minutes, he finally pulled away to look her in the eyes.
"Tell me" he said in a gentle voice, wiping away one of the tears on Taylor's cheek. "What your name?"
"Tay... Taylor" she said in a sob.
"Well Taylor, I'm glad to get to know you. I'm ..."

Taylor suddenly opened her eyes wide, and turned her head to look at the knight beside her. Lancelot was staring at her, a little smile on his lips. When she was telling her story, he realised he already knew it. Because it was also his. And it may be an old memory for the singer because she was just a child when it happened, for him it was something he could never forget.
"Lancelot" Taylor said with happiness in her voice. "You're the man who saved my life"
"I knew I've already seen these beautiful eyes" Lancelot said with a smile. "But your hair was longer and curled"
Taylor nodded with a chuckle.
"Wait. He saved your life and you didn't remember it ?" Selena asked.
"Actually it was more than that" Lancelot said. "We spent almost six months together. Until something happened and separated us. But I still had faith I would find you"
"Me too" Taylor said with a little smile, while all of her memories were coming back in all of a sudden. "He taught me a lot of things, you know" she said to her best friend. "Horse riding, how to write"
"For this, it wasn't hard" Lancelot said in a laugh.
"Are you kidding me? I wasn't even able to hold a pen."
"Maybe, but I still have the poem you wrote"
Taylor raised an eyebrow.
"You do ?"
"Of course" he said, taking a piece of paper that was under his armour. "I always keep it with me" he said as he was giving it to the singer.
Taylor took the piece of paper and unfolded it.
"Let me see" Lily said as she rested her chin on Taylor's shoulder.
Taylor raised the paper so Lily could read the poem.
"It's cute" Lily said with a smile.
"I was seven when I wrote that. My first poem."
She gave the piece of paper to her best friend, who took it and read it.
"Well" Selena said with a smile. "Talented since forever"
Taylor rolled her eyes and took back the piece of paper, to give it back to Lancelot.
"Do you still write poems ?"
"Songs." Taylor answered. "I write songs. And I sing them, of course."
Lancelot smiled and extended his hand to grab Taylor's.
"I'm happy to see you again. And I'm glad you found your family."
Taylor smiled at him, and turned her head when she heard her sister's voice.
"Care to show me how you ride, Taylor?" Regina said as she was looking at her little sister behind her.
Taylor raised an eyebrow.
"Are you serious?"
Regina shrugged her shoulders.
"Well Mary Margaret just told me you were pretty good."
A little smile appeared on Taylor's face, and she turned her head to look at Lily.
"Go" Lily said with a smile.
She get off of the horse, and took the reins of the other animal. Taylor leaded her horse ahead of the group, followed by Regina.
"Good luck!" Arthur said with a laugh.
Taylor responded with a smirk and, as Regina was by her side, she made her horse run as fast as it could. A big smile on her lips, Taylor was staring ahead of her, enjoying the wind on her face and in her hair, while her coat was flying behind her. She slowly turned her head to see that her sister was close to her, and then quickly looked in front of her.
"I won !" She yelled happily while she was stopping her horse.
"Barely" Regina said with a smirk.
Taylor slowly laughed as she petted her horse.
"Good boy" she said.
"So who won ?" David asked as the others were arriving.
"What do you think? I'm the best" Taylor said in a giggle.
Regina hit her sister's arm playfully, and Arthur cleared his throat.
"I think it's time to make camp. It's starting to be late."
Taylor nodded and get off of her horse, and so did the others.