Chapter 3 Welcome Home

"Mckayla Vermont" McGonagall called as a small blond girl walked up, and sat on the small stool in front of everyone.  Looking at the hat, she watched as it was bestowed upon her head.  To big for her, it slumped down so it covered her small face.  Everyone was silent until the hat shouted "GRYFFINDOR".  Everyone jumped up at the table as you clapped along with everyone else, everyone eagerly meeting and greeting the girl.  After she took a seat, the same was repeated many times until finally the sorting was done.  

     "Now, before we eat, I would like to introduce our professors."  Dumbledor began as he took the stage and introduced the teachers, which took a few minutes.  "And last but not least professor Slug Horn."  He smiled and nodded, and then gave knowing looks to all his favorite students, aka the slug club members which included you.  Smiling back after he made eye contact with you, you turned to look at the table, knowing that the feast was ready to begin.  

     Almost right as you thought it Dumbledor exclaimed, "NOW LET THE FEAST BEGIN."  And with that, the golden platters filled with food and the goblets filled with juices and water.  Smiling, you grabbed a bit of everything, having a ravenous hunger for real food after the long trip to Hogwarts.  You looked over at Molly, who was attempting to stuff as much food into her mouth as humanely possible.  Lily looked disgusted as you laughed.  After Molly stopped to take a breath, Lilly looked like she just watched a horror movie.   

     "I was genuinely afraid you were going to pass out from not being able to breath" you joked.  "On your gravestone we could have wrote, death by turkey and ham."  Molly let out a small giggle.  

     "Wouldn't that be a humorous way to die." Molly said.  Lily rolled her eyes.

     "I'm pretty sure the head master would have a heart attack, and that is no joke." Lilly said.  You all nodded in agreement which then once again turned into laughter.  It was then which reminded you why you loved hog warts so much.  It was your home.  Where you loved and laughed, and had some of your best experiences at.  You began to smile, growing excited for another year at hog warts.  

     After cracking a few more jokes, the prefects gathered up everyone as you all made your way to the common rooms.  It was a fairly long journey, as the stairs decided to wait as long as possible before turning your way, and most of the paintings were in bad moods now that a bunch of children were back from summer.  After reaching the door, the prefect told the  fat lady, "Caput Draconis"

     The fat lady smiled, and swung open letting in all the tired gryffindor students.  The first year looked around, amazed by the common room while you, Molly, and Lilly tiredly climbed up the stairs to the girl rooms.  After discovering you and Lilly were roomates along with a few other girls, you fell face flat onto the small bed and yawned, falling asleep without even bothering to change or get under the covers.