Chapter 31 A Not So Helping Hand

This was it.  These were the quidditch results.  Time to see if you're a failure in life or not.  Walking up to the board you quickly read the results, but right as you got to the beaters Sirius suddenly popped up from behind you and slung an arm around you. 

     "Really?"  You sighed as he chuckled.

     "Yup." Rolling your eyes you both leaned into the board to read the results. Then, in perfect unison, you both 'whooped', fist pumping the air.

"WE DID IT, WE DID IT, WE DID IT!" You yelled as you both ran to find the other marauders. Suddenly you both tackled the group and Lilly as they all glared at you, except James who was bouncing from excitement.

"Did you make the team?!" He said as the group suddenly gained interest again.

"Yup." You say in unison.

"Aaand?" James dragged on.

"You're not seeker. Some other kid got it." You said as James froze and Sirius held back a snicker.

"Of course you're seeker James." Sirius says, laughing. James hit the both of you on the arm as you giggled.

   "Yeah, yeah, let it all out you wee baby." You commented making James fake smack you repeatedly on the arm.

     "Oracle, just promise us that you won't...you know...fall off the broom this time?"  Remus said as you put on an offended look.

   "ONE TIME."  You defended as he smiled.

     "But I remember when Sirius was teaching you you fell off again.

     "DETAILS!"  You yelled as the boys snickered.  You rolled your eyes as you began to head to class.  "Either way, i'm still in."  You said with a smirk before walking off.

---------------------------

     "Thank merlin..."  you muttered as you entered the common room.  As you bursted in you saw Lily sitting on the couch, none of the boy with her.  "Lils?"  you asked, making the red head face you.

     "(Y/N), uhm...HI!" she nearly screamed making you raise an eyebrow as some of the kids who were studying shook their heads. 

     "What is it this time?" you asked as Lily's eyes widened.

     "Excuse me?  Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"  Lily scoffed as you dropped your book bag on a near by chair.

     "No, since you can't tell when i'm lying.  I'm a GREAT lier."  You bragged as Lilly stared at you.

     "I wouldn't brag about that..."

     "I'm a marauder, it is most certainly something to brag about."  You said.  Suddenly you heard a groan come from upstairs as you snapped your head in that direction.  

     "Hey, (y/n) how about...we...go to the library before it closes and the curfew is set?  Yeah?"  Lily said as she anxiously pulled you towards the door.

     "What?  No!  I have way too much homework to do-" You stopped talking as you looked up to see Remus pale as a ghost with James and Sirius supporting him.  The two boys sat Remus down as he let out a whimper like sound as you stared at him.

     "So we're fine for our usual route, right?"  James asked Sirius as he nodded.  

     "I checked the halls earlier, you're fine."  Lily added as your eyes widened.

     "You can't go now!  Peeves is on a flipping rampage and Filch is pacing back and fourth just outside our door!"  You said, distress in your voice.  The two boys looked at you, worry on their faces.  

     "Well we have to get Remus out of here somehow!" James said.  You sighed and looked between the three boys.  

     "I think I know a way."