Chapter 16 Yes, No, Maybe So?

(Yes I'm aware it's past Halloween. I apologize for not updating and I also apologize for this not being update on or around Halloween. The next full on holiday themed chapter will be for Christmas/honica/etc. I'm actually already working on a rough draft so it will actually be out on e holiday! Also if you don't like what your wearing you can change it, just know it might not always make sense in the story.)

It was Halloween, a time where students got spooked and wore petrified expressions; which was exactly what Sirius, Remus, and yourself were doing. You see, Sirius' face was the most funny, his mouth was agape and his eyes were widened with pure terror. Remus' was more reserved, but none the less the look of horror was still in his eyes, as if he was watching the goriest movie in history. As for you, your face looked more confused then scared, like the stereotypical dumb blonde girl in horror movies. Why were you all terrified? Well the answer was quite simple, James hair was actually not messy (at least not THAT messy), and he was currently slow dancing with a blushing Lilly who tried to look annoyed.

"Wha- is this...is this really happening? Is everyone else seeing this? Am I still sane or am I just an insane physco hallucinating?! QUICK! Someone slap me to make sure I'm not hallucinating!" Sirius exclaimed, acting like a mad man. Remus smiled and looked at Sirius.

"With pleasure." Remus said as he pretended to put on a glove as he smacked Sirius full on, on his cheek.

"NO! MY BE-" Before Sirius could finish his sentence you covered his mouth.

"Oh, let me guess!" You said excitedly. "Oh no, my beautiful face! Now my only good quality is gone and everybody will hate me, meh!" You said in a mocking child's tone. Remus simply smirked as he watched you two. Suddenly the slow song stopped as full on dance music blared. Lilly leaned against the table by you as James tried to snake his harm around her waste. It didn't work.

"Well, while you ladies act all insane imma go flirt with the ladies~" Sirius chanted before leaving, going off to swoon some chick off her feet.

"Yeah, I'll agree with Padfoot on that one, farewell!' James said as Remus followed him off into the crowd while you and Lilly wore confused expressions.

"Okay...? Oh, by the way you uhm...how do I out this nicely...suck at acting." You stated bluntly as Lilly pouted. You looked at her, examine her outfit. Her hair was in a side braid that neatly fell down her shoulder. She wore a form fitting dress that flared out at the bottom that was a cream orange. Overall she looked very nice.

"Well at least I've danced with the guy I like." Lilly said as you crossed your arms. "What? Don't act like it isn't obvious. You nearly looked like a tomato when you first saw Re-"

"RAY. When I first saw ray!" You said laughing nervously as a couple of students turned their heads in your direction, obviously wanting to find out who the smartest girl in school liked.

"I'm sorry. When you first saw RAY, you looked like you were going to faint." Lilly said as she did a pretend swoon motion. You frowned as you realized what Lilly said was in fact true. You didn't exactly look like a tomato, but a light blush probably did coat your cheeks when you saw him. Who were you to lie? His tux fit him perfectly and a black tie hanged from his neck. It showed off his figure, which was slim and lean, but was still fairly muscular. You mentally slapped yourself as you began to think of him. "See? You just went off to daydream land because I said his name!" Lilly said, throwing her hands in the hair.

"Well what am I supposed to do!? Just ask him to dance- don't answer that." You said, knowing what she would say.

"Why won't you ask him?" Lilly asked.

"Lilly, there are three types of girls in the world; girls who can ask a guy to dance without blinking an eye, girls who are nervous but still ask, and then there's the girls who run around screaming when the thought enters their heads. I, happen to be in the last category." You said. "Also, I'm not asking while I'm wearing this!" You said, gesturing to your outfit. You wore a orange dress that hanged a couple inches above your knee. A black bekt was around your waist that separated the folded/frilly skirt from the form fitting top. The sleeves were frilly like the skirt, and slightly hanged off your shoulder. To top it off there was a spider on a web in the side and you wore you old orange sneakers. Your hair pulled up (or styled) in a (favorite hair style).

"B-but look at you two! Your both so adorkable!" Lilly said. You made a blank face, not sure whether to take it as a compliment or insult. "Just go ask! At least hint towards it!" Just as you obliged you turned around to see Remus talking with some girl, them both smiling. You gestured to them.

"See! There no need to humiliate myself!" You said smiling. Lille frowned and sighed.

"Dangit (y/n)." Suddenly you felt two new presences by you, which were no other then Potter and Black.

"Check it! Moony is totally being flirted with!" Sirius said laughing while trying to get lipstick off his face from some girl.

"Too bad Moony is slowly ruining it." James added. Lilly tilted her head in a questioning manner. "Y'know accepting the compliments, laughing at the jokes, but never making a move or returning the favor." James explained.

"We both know the reason for that." Sirius said. "He's already got his eyes on some other girl." He said while looking at you both.

"Who is?" You questioned, hiding the hurt in your voice. Of course you were sad, but if he was happy then that's all that matters.

"That's for us to know, and for you to figure out!" They said in unison which caused you to groan. "Merlins Beard you can be annoying!" You exclaimed as Remus made his way over.

"So what are you all talking about?" Remus asked while leaning against a pillar with one arm.

"You and who you like. That girl got us thinking." James said as Remus sent him a death glare.

"You didn't tell them did you?" Remus asked, a strange tone in his voice. As if he was angry and embarrassed.

"Yes, no, maybe so!"

"JAMES!"