Chapter 27 May I Have This Dance?

You attempts to sit still as Lilly stood behind you, doing your hair. Your makeup was already done and went perfectly with your dress. You bit you lip, the butterflies in your stomach getting more intense.

"You look like your going to pass out." Lilly commented making you roll your eyes.

"Oh shush." You said.

"What? Oh I forgot. It's your first real dance with Remus..." A evil smirk found its way on her lips, making you frown. Your small bicker was out on hold as you heard James yelling from outside the door, or at least from the bottom of the stairs. Lilly sighed as she got up and slightly creaked open the door, making sure to keep her dress hidden. "What do you want, James?" Lilly said,

"Your taking forever! The dance already started and you two are all sitting in there trying to be all pretty while me and Remus are standing like polar bears on a beach!" He exclaimed making you chuckle in the background. "Oh and (Y/N)!" He shouted, "That Ravenclaw chick is hitting on him again." He said making you freeze.

"I think you'll survive." Lilly said before shutting the door on him. "Don't worry we're almost done." She said to you as she finished up your hair. You both stood up and examined yourselves, smiles on your faces.

"Well...here goes nothing."
--------------------At Le Dance

You and Lilly entered the Great Hall where the dance was at, both examining the decor. People turned to look at you as you walked by, and you could only hope it was for good reason. You aimlessly walked around until you saw Remus standing by James. A black haired girl was...'talking' to Remus and James was trying to get her away from him. The scene made you laugh and get angry at the same time. You walked over to them, in a confident stance, Lilly following behind you. As you reached them you cleared your throat, making the girl turn around. Remus looked relaxed at your presence as the girl crossed her arms.

"Can I help you?" She asked, annoyance in her voice.

"Do you want me to hold your bag when you beat her up?" Lilly whispered in your ear. Your shook your heard making Lilly shrug before going back to watching the scene.

"Actually, yes, you can. You can help me by getting away from my boyfriend." You said in a sweet yet threatening tone. She rolled her eyes before walking away, mumbling. Remus was grinning at you, making you look at him with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"You called me your boyfriend." He stated simply. You were about to make a remark till you realized you did indeed call him your boyfriend.

"Well, I heard from at least five other girls and guys that you call me your girlfriend regularly." You said. Remus chuckled.

"Well, would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asked. (HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT? My iPad spellchecked girlfriend into kugoburga....whatever that is.)

"No." You said jokingly. "Okay yes." You smiled.  Remus clapped and jumped up and down, pretending to act like a 5 year old child.  You laughed as you ignored some girls staring strangely at the two of you.  "I think you scared off your suitors!"  You exclaimed.

     "Yeah...but I still got you."  Remus said as he wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you toward him.  "Have I mentioned how nice that dress looks on you?"  He commented making you blush.  You lightly hit him making him chuckle.

     "Oh shush."  You said.  Suddenly a slow song started to play, making Remus grin like a mad man.  He stepped back from you and bowed down, extending his hand to you.

     "May I Have this dance?"  He asked, making you shrug.

     "Depends, are you going to walk out on me like last time?"  You asked. 

     "If you dance with me I'll make it up to you."  He said.  Laughing, you gave him your hand.  Remus stood back up and led you to the dance floor.  Letting go of your hand, he placed both hands on your waist.  In return, you wrapped both of your arms around his neck.  You both started swaying to the music as Remus pulled you closer, allowing you to rest your head against his chest.

     "Who would've thought we would end up here?"  You asked. 

     "I'm glad we did get here."  He commented, making you smile.  You stood up again, still saying with him. 

     "As am I."  You said, a smile on your lips.

     "My best friend is my girlfriend, how lucky am I?"  He said.

     "Don't leave out that I'm gorgeous as well."  You said, making you both laugh.  "And pretty damn lucky."

     "I love you."  Remus said after recovering from laughing.  Suddenly he froze and let go of you.  "I-I mean I don't love you!  WAIT NO.  I...crap!  I like you a lot but...ugh why do I always do this!?"  Remus exclaimed, becoming a fumbling mess.  You giggled and put two hands on his face, pulling him in for a kiss.  Remus relax and wrapped his arms around you once more.  Pulling away, you smiled.

     "I love you too, you dufus."  You said.  Remus smiled.

     "Well this is going a lot better then last time."  Remus said.

     "That it is."