Chapter 8 Maybe I Do...

After you, James, and Remus' laughing fit, you all began to make the cake.  The batter was finished and slightly moist, AKA the perfect texture, at least to Lilly.  You smiled triumphantly, happy with the almost finished cake.  The only thing left was decorating, which James apparently already had planned.

     "Alright, let me see the cake print." You said.  James looked confused while Remus cocked his head to the side which was kinda maybe slightly just a tiny bit adorable.  You mentally slapped yourself as you sighed.  "Like blueprints but cake prints." You said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

     "And you say IM the smart arse?" Remus said which made you smile slightly as you elbowed him.  For being as skinny he was, he surprisingly sturdy which slightly surprised you.  James handed you a sketch of what you at least thought was a cake.  

     "Is that a cake?" You asked turning the paper.

     "Or a dead cat?" Remus said cocking his head to see the paper better. James made a pouty face as he crossed his arms.

    "Shut up and make the cake, Women!' James exclaimed.  You and Remus fake gasped in unison as you put a hand on your chest.

    "Excuse me???  Don't you dare talk to me like that I'm the best thing that ever happened to you!" You said waving your hand around angrily finishing the movement off with a sassy snap.

     "Y'know what?  Fine!  You never resoected me anyways!"  Remus said pretending to flip his fake golden locks.  James laughed as you and Remus fist bumped.

     "Alright let's make this bad boy!" You exclaimed clapping your hands together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Le time skip brought to you by Peev-wait PEEVES GET OUT OF HERE (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

     You squinted as you tried to steady your hand attempting to place the final candy corn on top of a gingerbread haunted house that kept saying Halloween frases and moving.  You bit the inside of your cheek as you focused.

     "Come on....just a little....A HAH!" You exclaimed jumping up with glee.  The last piece was out on as you backed up to admire your work. "They grow up so fast." You said wiping away a fake tear.  Remus and James high fives behind you.  

     "Come on we need to get back to the commons." Remus said as James picked up the cake.  As you exited the kitchen and headed up the stairs you all realized you were covered head to toe in cake batter, not to mention that the invisibility cloak had some on it as well.  You mentally slapped yourself while Remus made an annoyed expression and James bit his lip.  You all heard footsteps coming and there was no where to go, nowhere to hide.  Remus flicked his wand as suddenly you were all clean.  You smiled as you suddenly gasped as you were pulled by Remus under the cloak.  He pulled to hard causing all three of you to fall back barely missing the armor of the knight.  You all made relieved expressions as your celebration was cut to an end by the sound of footstep once again, this time much closer.  You attempted to breath quietly as you suddenly realized something.  You were pushed up against Remus's chest as you felt his warm breath on your neck.  Your cheeks went red as you were silently thankful that it was dark.  The footsteps were right in front of you all as you saw the outline of Filch causing you to back up further into Remus.  Filch looked around before letting out an exasperated raspy sigh.  When you were all sure he had left you all got up.

     "That was close." James muttered as you all silently agreed.  You made your way back upstairs as you were met by the Fat Lady portrait.

     "Caput Draconis" you said as the Fat Lady looked at the three of you.

     "Potter, Lupin I expected such from you, but Ms. (L/N)?" She said looking at you surprised.  You meekly smiled and waved.

     "She was helping us with a surprise." Remus said as the Fat Lady swung open.

     "Mm yes, I'm sure that's true.  Just get inside." She said, being sarcastic on the first half.  You said goodnight to James and Remus as you made your way upstairs to be met by a pair of green eyes.  You froze as you looked at Lilly who made a face like, tell me all of it.  Sighing, you fell onto your bed and took of your cloak and vest and out on your sleeping clothes.

     "Please tell me you didn't leave the commons." Lilly said. 

     "I didn't." You reassured her smiling.  It was lie but you had to, what else would you say.

     "Okay then also one more question..." She said wiggling her eyebrows.  You groaned.

     "Ugh don't tell me-"

     "What's up with you and Lupin???  I heard you two laughing I mean ooh la la!" She said teasingly.  Your face went red as you crossed your arms.  Lilly smiled and nearly jumped out of bed as she pointed a finger at you.  "You blushed!!! You never blush!" She nearly yelled as you shushed her.

    "Be quiet!  I don't need gossip." You said.  Lilly smirked.

     "Ok so honestly tell me, You actually LIKE Lupin now don't you?  I don't mean in a platonic way or below a crush way I mean crush crush way." She said,  you rolled your eyes as you sighed knowing very well that you couldn't beat around the bush.

     "Ok. Fine." You said as your face heated up and you closed your eyes.  "I like like Remus more than a platonic way or below a friend way." You said quickly as you opened your eyes and gasped for air acting like you were dying.

     "Your ridiculous!" Lilly said laughing as she threw a pillow at you which you caught and tossed back to her.  "Just tell me you didn't help James with anything dumb." She said seriously.  You felt nervous as you lied through your teeth.

     "No of course not, why would I help Potter?" You said convincingly.  Lily smiled as you got under the covers and turned down your lamp.  Thoughts raced through your head until you eventually fell asleep.