Chapter 14 Hope you can run fast! (Connecting Chapter)

"Uh oh" You said as looked back at the boys who were wide eyed. "Can't we run back to Hogwarts from here?" You asked.

"No, there's a slide on the other end. Even if we did get back we wouldn't get there in time." Remus said.

"We can't climb it or something?" You questioned frantically.

"Nope it's magic." Remus stated simply.

"Sounds more like you don't want to tr-" you were cut off my Sirius and James yelling.

"Hope you can run fast!" They shouted in unison as they pushed open the trap door and made a b-line to the train.

"WAIT-WHA-DANGIT PRONGS." You shouted as you quickly climbed the ladder, Remus trailing behind you. You ran straight to the door, dodging shelfs and candy on the floor. As you got to the street you skidded, attempting to not run into one of the walls as you turned. Remus took this as the chance to lead in your wild goose chase. You quickly ran down the cobblestone street, passing shops and workers as you saw James and Sirius get onto the train as you turned the corner. You heard another bell, signaling the train is leaving. Remus grabbed your hand as he sped up practically dragging you behind him as he quickly jumped onto the train bringing you with him as the train took off. "That....was...horrible...and....awesome...at...the...same...time." You said between gasps. You heart was beating insanely fast from both running and holding Remus' hand.

"Take a seat!" You heard on of the professors say as you both made your way down the train to the gryffindor section. You were about to go sit by Lilly and Molly until you heard the boys call your name.

"Come on, join the party!" James said as he pulled out a bunch of trinkets from Zonkos. You looked at Lilly and Molly, who were talking with Arthur and some other gryffindor you've never seen before, and it looked like they were both doing more then just chatting. You turned around as you entered the compartment, sitting closest to the window, across James.

"I see you've made the right choice." Sirius said while stroking his invisible beard.

"Okay, that makes no sense." You said while Remus and James nodded there heads in agreement, confusion written on their faces.

"Oh everyone gets YOUR jokes but when I enter the picture it's not funny!" Sirius whined, crossing his arms.

"Okay let's just ignore him..." James said as he dumbed all the trinkets onto the small compartment table.

"Wait are those the new fire mints?" You asked picking one of them up.

"Yup! Also have a couple of Halloween things in here." James said as he bit his lip while dogging in the shopping bag. You began to smile, if this is your new family...you are going to have a very interesting school year. Not saying that's a bad thing.