Chapter 5 Surprise

"It's kind of like a cleaning potion...except instead of potion ingredients its chemicals." Remus began, helping you figure out the long response question. Suddenly, the bell rang as your last class was next, Herbology. Finishing packing up you saw Remus leaving the room as you hit your lip. This class was definitely one of your worst, and while Lilly was a muggle born, she wasn't the best at explaining. Getting over your pride, you dashed out of the class and called out Remus's name as he turned around, obviously surprised.

"Look, I know we're not on the best of terms but I was wondering if you could help me study tonight..." You asked obviously flustered. Remus just nodded, obviously not where his feet where as you saw his attention was turned on James who was calling out to him. Sighing, you mumbled thanks as you walked off, trying to find Lilly who must've left without you. Going to the girls common room you went inside your room to see Lilly talking with Molly as you out your stuff back in your trunk. You were about to call for Lilly to follow you when you heard you and Remus names being mentioned. Sighing you turned around and looked at them, who looking expectantly at you.

"What?" You groaned.

"Just telling Molly you literally chased Remus after class!" Lilly exclaimed. You rolled your eyes.

"I was asking if he could help me study later." You stated. Lilly looked excited and offended at the same time.

"Hey! I could've helped you! And that's the point, you asked him! You obviously like him way more than what you admit. This time you sighed.

"We both know you arent good at explaining things, and he actually knows how the machines work. But it doesn't matter, I'm like 99.9% sure he wasn't listening since James was yelling like a mad man. I seriously don't know what you see in him." You said. "But you will help me study then, right?" You asked Lilly who nodded. "Welp, let's get to class then." And with that you all went downstairs and walked the fields to the green house. Which was slightly miserable under the robes you wore in the hot weather. The actual greenhouse was even worse since it was humid. Finding your seats, you saw Fanged Geranium in the back. You groaned as you knew what this meant. Professor Beery made his way to the front as he quieted the mumbling in the room.

"Now as you can see, we have some plants in the back, known as Fanged Geranium." He began, which was proceeded by a lesson on how to care for the plants. After the short lesson, the small plants were handed to everyone in the class.

"Aww, it's kinda cute." You said, petting the plant which leaned into your hand, liking the touch. You smiled at this.

"Really? It reminds me of my dog, so ugly it's cute." Molly said, poking it. You and Lilly laughed.

"That's not far from the truth." You said.

"Alright, quiet please. You will be taking care of these for the first semester." Professor Beery said, earning a bunch of groans from the class. You on the other hand got excited. This of all types of homework was actually fun. Picking up your plant, you help the rest of your supplies tucked under you arm as you made your way to your dormitory and dropped everything down. You set your small plant besides Lilly's. After watering it, you fixed yourself up in the mirror, and went downstairs with Molly and Lilly. Getting to the great hall, you saw the marauders where you usually sat.

"Ah, come on!" Lilly groaned annoyed. Too tired to argue, you followed Lilly to the other side of the table, with Molly sitting by Arthur, which was to say the least quite amusing. "Thanks for not making us sit there." Lilly thanked.

"No, thank you!" You said since you were sure Lilly would have said something. Molly on the other hand was having none of this.

"No thank You!" Molly whispered to you all as you laughed while Arthur attempted to make conversation with her. You swore you could see the two getting married. After dinner and a few minor announcements, you went to the commons and sat by the coffee table in front of the fireplace pulling out a quill and dipping it in ink, attempting to finish the small essay you had to write for Muggle Studies. Lilly attempted to help you, but that just ended in confusion, so now you were sprawled on the coffee table, quill in hand as you groaned. This was useless. Suddenly you heard the porthole open as the ones who entered were so loud everyone in the common room went silent to look over. You saw it was the Marauders as Lilly chucked her book at you and ran upstairs as you held your now aching nose.

"Wow thanks Lilly!" You shouted as she ran upstairs. You heard a faint sorry and then a door slam. Groaning, you facepalmed as you felt a weight besides you. Looking over you saw no other then Remus Lupin himself with his notes in front of him. "What are you doing?" You asked puzzled. He looked at you.

"You asked if I could help you study, here I am." He stated, slightly cocky. You rolled your eyes. It wasn't much of a peaceful study place now that Sirius was sprawled across the coach, and James was laying on the armrest with his feet resting on the fireplace. There was also a very confused Peter who was sitting on a chair watching everyone. You decided not to argue since he was your only chance at getting an A.

"Thanks" you mumbled as you began to copy some of his notes. You heard Sirius whistle.

"Nice going Moony!" Sirius cheered. Remus rolled his eyes before aimlessly throwing a book behind him which perfectly hit Sirius in the face, which caused him to fall over onto the floor holding his face in his hands. You had to hold back a snicker as he cried out,

"MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!"