Chapter 7 Maybe Your not so Bad

When you, James, and Remus got to the kitchens, you watched house elves scurry around holding up platters of cookies or other sweet treats. James stuffed as many cookies in his mouth as possible, and grabbed an entire tray of cream puffs. Remus grabbed a few chocolate crossiants while you took Anything they offered to you attempting to not be rude. Eventually you all reached a free counter  while James set down his almost empty tray down. Your eyes widened.

"You ate....all of that...in A MINUTE?!" You exclaimed while you out two hands by your head and made them look like explosions. James out a hand on his chest.

"Me?! Did you even SEE Moony eat his chocolate?!" He exclaimed. Remus eyes widened at he was now brought into this strange conversation. The two of you were clearly having a sugar rush. You put a hand on your chin, making a dramatic thinking face.

"Actually, now that I think about it your right. Remus just inhales his food." You commented. Remus rolled his eyes.

"Look we all know that's NOT true." Remus stated putting emphasis on the word not. He grabbed a few bowls and spoons and set it down, his serious mood ruining the moment.

"Buzzkill Lupin." You muttered while he looked at you, clearly annoyed. You shrugged and smiled innocently again. Remus was about to face palm until he looked behind you with a strange face. In return you made a confused one while you turned around to see James quite literally bouncing off the walls. "Ummm.....Is this normal?" You asked.

"To be quite honest, I've never seen him do this before." Remus said. You shrugged as you realized something.

"Why are we down here again?" You asked.

"James wants to make a magical cake for Lily to ask her to the Halloween dance." He replied. "And since you know her best it only makes sense." He stated. You nodded as you picked up a giant cake recipes book as you grunted. Remus chuckled as he helped you pick it up. You crossed your arms.

"I totally did not need help with that." You said in pretend annoyance. You saw the tall boy smile before it quickly disappeared as he opened the book attempting to find the page needed.

"What's her fa-"

"Vanilla and almond with macadamia nuts and a hint of pumpkin spice." You said cutting him off smiling proudly. Remus groaned obviously annoyed that her favorite flavor was so complex. As he turned the pages of the book in search for a helpful page you watched James. 'Why does he act like such a stiff.' You thought. When you broke out of your thoughts you realized that you might as well be helpful as you searched for some milk, eggs, sugar, baking soda, etc for the cake. Gathering the supplies you set them down. You took one of the bowls form the table as you saw Remus furrow his brows annoyed by the book. You decided to begin since you had to make a cake for Lily more than once. Pouring in you homemade batter mix (yes you carried one on you because Lily was a needy person you knew this would come up) and poured it in the bowl, added eggs, and began to add milk.

"NOT TOO MUCH!!!" You heard someone screech across the room as you saw James was the one who made the sound. Remus looked around like a polar bear on a beach then saw you and your almost finished batter.

"Excuse me JAMES." You said making his name sound like it was a nussiance to say, "I think I know what I'm doing." You said as you added in just the right amount of milk.

"You didn't even measure." Remus stated as you looked at him and sighed.

"I don't need to I have made this cake 235 times and counting." You stated. It was true, after making it 10 times in a couple of months you decided to keep count. "Besides why are you acting all stuffy?" You asked. "I know I'm not your best friend but you do-" before you could finish your sentence you watched James run past you and run full on into Remus screaming

"AND HE GETS THE SNITCH!!!!" As they both fell over bringing the cake batter down with them. You fell over laughing, clutching your stomach.

"Oh...I...merlins beard..." you gasped between laughs as your side began to hurt. Your laughter was soon gone as you felt someone grab you as you fell over to landing on top of James with your leg awkwardly sprawled on Remus. You were all shocked since James tried to use you to get up, which then turned into everyone laughing even harder then before. You got up so your foot wasn't in Remus' face and you were off James, but slipped on the batter which knocked James who was attempting to get up off balance. Which then resulted in him gliding across the room with the batter in his feet as he was screaming like a girl trying to stay up. You and Remus got up as you laughed when you saw the sight, Remus hunched over from laughing so hard. You literally fell over laughing so hard when you watched as James ran straight into a table as he fell on his back and slid back over to where you were. In a desperate attempt to grab something to keep yourself from falling, you grabbed Remus as he joined you and James on the floor. You giggled as the laughter calmed down as you sighed happily. You felt Remus hit you lightly on the shoulder.

"Maybe your not that bad." He said smiling. You grinned a toothy grin in response.

"Maybe you not as much like Luscious as I thought." You returned as Remus made a disgusted face and James laughed.

"I am nothing like that creepy oaf!" Remus exclaimed while you sat laughing making stupid jokes laying on the floor covered in batter for most of the night.