Chapter 6 Sorry not Sorry

After an hour you began to grow tired as you closed you study book and put away your quill and ink. You thanked Remus for the help as you began to go up the stairs until you hear someone yell "WAIT." As you looked behind you, you saw James looking at you a mischievous grin on his face.

"I don't know what your going to say but I know it's a favor and it's going to get me in trouble so no." You stated as you began to climb the stairs until he grabbed you by the arm.

"Pleeeeaaaase (y/n)! I need you help getting Lilly to say yes to me for the Halloween dance!" He said clamping his hands together. You rolled your eyes as you saw Sirius giving the worlds most realistic puppy face.

"Don't resist the puppy face!" Sirius cried. You put your free hand on your hip.

"Oh, that's what you were doing? I was afraid that your lip was swollen from getting hit by a book. Are you sure you were a beater last year?" You questioned. Sirius looked down disappointed. Sighing, you went upstairs to the girl dormitory. You heard sighs come from downstairs as you grabbed your cloak and went downstairs as the two boys looked overjoyed. "Let's get this over with." You said. James awkwardly hugged you from the side as he grabbed Sirius and Peter and cloak and told you to wait until they came back. Grabbing a book, you sat down in one of the soft silk chairs. You smiled contently as you read until you saw Remus look above his book. "It's called 'To Kill a Mockingbird'." You said knowing what he was about to ask. The boy nodded, hesitantly looking away to read his own book when you hear James and Sirius come in. That was the thing, you could ONLY hear them until you saw one of their heads pop up from nowhere with no body.

"Ms......Norris.......has....super....cat....powers...."Sirius said as he clambered out of whatever it was that kept him invisible. That when you saw it, it was the cloak James has brought earlier. You mentally face palmed, of course it was an invisible cloak it's not like they suddenly became floating heads.

"Well can we go yet?" Remus asked setting his book down.

"Unless your the quietest person of earth." Peter remarked. Remus sighed and sunk in the chair when an idea came into your head.

"I was in 'advanced' charms last year". you said while making quotes with your hands. The boys looked at you.

"Ugh seriously (y/n)? Now is NOT the time to be bragging." Sirius whined.

"Yes I'm Siriusly Sirius, Sirius." You said smirking while James laughed and Remus smiled slightly while Sirius had a look that said I'm done. "So I can just perform a silence charm." You said shrugging. Remus jumped out of his seat.

"But we haven't learned how to and do you KNOW what has-" Remus began until you cut him off.

"Yes, Im fully aware that if performed wrong I will become a deafening fat beast." You stated. "But I learned it last year because of reasons." You said while Sirius grumbled. You pulled out your wand as you pointed it at the group of boys. "Silencio!" You exclaimed while a small burst of energy came from your wand and hit the boys. James cheered, but all that came out was him silently jumping and fist pumping. You then pointed the wand at yourself, and did the charm again, grabbed a notebook and pencil then walked back over to where the boys were. James gestured to his coat as you made a face. How the heck are we all going to fit under there? You thought until James pushed Peter and Sirius away. You pointed your wand at the boys in as you held it out, slightly worried it wouldn't work right as a reverse if you were also silenced. After 'saying the charm' your wand went bonkers as your eyes widened before it shot out energy again as Peter made a squek and Sirius made a sound that sounded like 'Oy!' You sighed in relief, or at least there would have been a sigh. You felt something around your arm as you suddenly were covered by a dark cloth. You realized someone pulled you under the cloak as James saluted Sirius who was standing with his hands behind his back like a soldier. You giggled, glad that no one could hear you.

The trip downstairs was interesting since James and Remus were a lot taller than you so they had to awkwardly hunch down, and matching each other's steps proved to be difficult. Currently, you were on one of the last few sets of stairs while James was frustratingly attempting to spell a word right, since Remus only responded if the words and grammar was correct. So as you could guess, it took quite a while for this to get anywhere. Suddenly James thrust the notebook in your hand as you read what he said. You then wrote it down again with correct grammar and put it back in James' hands. It read

'We need to get to the kitchens.' Remus rolled his eyes and made a face that looked like a 'your cheating!' face. As you began to continue down stairs and you were about to get on the platform, you felt something shift beneath you. Suddenly, you realized that the stairs were moving as your foot slipped down past the platform and stairs. You screamed, but nothing came out like a nightmare. Right while you were about to fall right past the stairs and down 3 stories you felt something strong pull you back as the cloak was ripped off you as you fel back onto something sturdy, or someone for that matter. Looking up you saw James wide eyed holding the cloak in his hands as you saw Remus behind you as he removed his hands from your sides. He looked like he saw a horror movie, but then you probably wore the same expression. You took out your wand as you undid the charm since you were almost in the basements and there was no need to worry about Filch. James was freaking out from the platform.

"You almost died, YOU ALMOST DIED. Oh god what would Lilly do to me if you died?!" He said. You rolled your eyes as you brushed yourself off then groaned when you hit your shoulder.

"I wonder how bad of a bruise I'm going to get now." You groaned as you then remembered something as you looked at Remus. "Thank you Remus." You said genuinely. He just nodded, still slightly shocked from your near death experience.

"James, maybe you could ask if she's okay and not what Lilly would do if she died." Remus said slightly chuckling, obviously trying to lighten the mood. James made s contorted face as you and Remus waited for the stairs to move back to the original platform. You then continued you journey from there. You felt someone by you as you saw it was James.

"Sorry not Sorry for you almost dying!" He said as he nearly shoved you over the railing then ran down the last few steps to the kitchen as you flinched.

"JAMES POTTER I WILL KILL YOU!" You exclaimed.