It's True (Sad Ending)

It's true, what they say about your life flashing before your eyes when you die, at least part of it.  But they left out the part when reality comes back, and death happens to let go of its grip on you.

     A cough left your lips as you rolled over, pain shooting through out your body.  A scream from near by caused you to flinch, your eyes squeezing shut as the sound of a Death Eater yelling out a curse echoed through out the halls. 

     Taking in a deep breath, you reopened your eyes.  Your wand laid in pieces in front of you as you remembered where you were.  Hogwarts.  The Second Battle of Hogwarts. Remembering the events that happened from before, you quickly say up, ignoring the pain that shot up your entire body and looks over at the lifeless form next to you.

"No, no, no!" You yelled, grabbing onto the man that was next to you. "Please, wake up, please!" A sob left your mouth as the figure didn't stir nor shift even an inch. Grabbing their face gently, you put your forehead next to theirs. Remus. He was gone. He died protecting you. Your chest heaved as a scream mixed with a sob left your mouth, your arms wrapping around the dead body.

You felt a pair of arms pull you back, but you refused to let go, a scream tearing from your lips. When they finally pried you away, you saw it was Harry, covered in soot from the battle.

"We have to go!" He yelled, your wide eyes unable to focus on his face. The sound of Death Eaters shouting out spells got closer as you looked back at the body behind you, an empty feeling taking over. But there was still Harry. And by Merlin you swear you're going to hold up to that promise you made Lily and James. Leaning over Remus' form, you pressed a kiss to his cole forehead before standing up, wrapping an arm around your side.

You were the last Marauder, and no body was going to stop you from carrying on your dear friends and lover's legacy.