Chapter 13 Oracle!

You looked at Lilly then back at the paper.  You bit your lip as thoughts went through you head.

     "Is this serious?" You asked, making sure they weren't messing with you."

     "Do you think we would take something as serious as this as a joke?' James asked as everyone looked at him.  "Okay....don't answer that question.  You rolled your eyes and slightly smiled as you picked up the pen and signed the paper right as Molly walked in.

     "Oh perfect timing, Re-" Molly was interrupted by the Maruaders cheering and grabbing you out of the booth.

     "We need to get started IMMIEDENTLY!" James said as you looked at Lilly, confused before looking straight up again.  You began to grow excited at the fact that you were one of the marauders.

     "Wait, get started on what?" You asked realizing what James said.

     "Oh you'll see.  Just the result of my pure genius." Remus said, smirking.

     "Geese, narcissistic much?" You asked as you were suddenly pulled back to Honey Dukes.  "Where are we go-"  you were cut off by Remus shushing you.  You decided to stay quiet as you all sneaked behind a shelf of lollipops.  James peaked past the shelf before motioning you all to follow him as Remus grabbed your hand pulling you behind him.  You were going to pull your hand back until you realized James was opening a secret trap door.  James and Sirius went down first, then Remus who helped you down, and lastly Peter.

     "So why are we in a dark, cold, wet, underground pathway?" You asked, wiping the dirt from your hands on your jeans.

     "Just a glimpse of your new life!" James said smiling.

     "Oh great." You mumbled as the boys sat down on the ground.  You on the other hand refused to sit on the ground as you say on the back of the ladder, sitting on one of the rings.  "So why are we down here again?" You asked as Remus digged through his satchel.

     "Hey, nice purse Remus!"  Sirius said smiling as Remus ignored him, pulling out a folded piece of parchment.  You took the paper from his hands as he gave it you, opening it.  You raised your eyebrows to see if was blank.

     "I'm just going to hope that there is more to this than what can be seen, otherwise I wouldn't call this 'pure genius'" you remarked, looking at the boys expectantly.

     "Nope, we just dragged you down here to look at a blank piece of paper." James said, smiling.

     "Very funny, not humorous funny, but Ha Ha." You said.  "Now what do I do with this?!" You said, flailing the paper around.

     "I solemnly swear that  I'm up to no good." Sirius said, looking at you.

     "Wait, wha-? Oh."  You took out your wand and held it up.  "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good." You said as you tapped your wand on the paper.  You saw words appear, but couldn't make them out in the darkness.  "A little dark in here."

     "Oh right."  You heard Remus say as he pulled out his wand, "Lumos".  Suddenly the dark hallway was lit up by Remus' wand.

     "Thank you" you mumbled as you read the title.  "Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs, and....blank space are proud to present the Maruaders Map." You read aloud.  "A:) who? And B:) what's with the blank space?"  James looked shocked and excited at the same time.

     "Oh yeah!  We forgot to tell you.  You may now call us Prongs."  James said.

     "Pad foot." Sirius continued.

     "Moony." Remus added.

     " and Wormtail" Peter squeaked.

     "What made you come up with the names?" You questioned make the boys freeze for a second.

     "Uh...imagination!" Sirius said while making jazz hands.

     "Yeah....okay..." You said, deciding to not press on the matter.  "Do I get a nickname?" You asked.

     "Depends."  Remus said.

     "On?"

     "Do you know your patronus?" Remus asked.

     "Patronus?  Like the defensive charm?" You asked.  He nodded.  You though for a moment before remembering your advanced charm class.  You summoned your patronus once, which resulted in you passing out which caused you to make a face.

    "Are you okay?" 

     "Oh um yeah.  It's a Lynx." You said, playing with your wand.

     "A Lynx?  Aren't those really rare Patronuses?"  James asked surprised,  you shrugged.

    "They are pretty rare.  Now all we need to do is come up with a name." Remus said as you all sat in silence for a bit.

     "Oracle?" You suggested causing the boys to look at you confused.

     "Where did you get that idea?" Sirius asked.

     "Well Lynxs are said to and future sight right?  And I'm good in divination, and divination is telling the future.  And in divination there's oracles.  Soooo." You said, rubbing the side of you arm.

     "Oracle...Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs, and Oracle are proud to present....I like it." James said.

     "So it's settled?" You asked.  The boys looked at each other before smirking.

     "Welcome to family, Oracle!" They shouted as you smiled until you heard a bell ring causing you all to freeze.  That was the minute bell before the train would leave back to hog warts.

     "Uh oh."