Lifes going well

I walked into my math class and sat in my seat. Ever since the community service thing I did a few weeks ago nothing has really happened. Violet broke up with her boyfriend and is dating some guy named Jack now. Jack was known to pick on us and it was true. Earlier today in the hall he called me a slut and told me to get a life. I flicked him off and went on with my day.

I was sitting down at my desk doing the warm up and Jeremy walked over to the side of my desk.

"Hey Cassidy, so there's this concert coming to Ocala and you should totally come with us."

I knew the band was probably one I would not enjoy going to see but I didn't want to let anyone down.

"Yeah sure, when is it?" I ask.

"It's on Halloween night."

That honestly sounded a whole lot better than what I usually did, handing out candy with my mom.  "Yeah that sounds fun. Who's playing?"

"This band called Memphis May Fire."

"Oh yeah I love them." I say and literally have no idea who he's talking about.  "How much are the tickets?"

"Don't worry about them I already bought them, they were pretty cheap."

"Cool." I say and flash him a smile. The bell rings and everyone gets to their seats as the teacher walks in. I took out the homework and had it on the corner of my desk as she came around and picked them up.

"Take out your notebooks, we're going to be taking some notes."

I get out this green note book with the word "Math" written on it in blue sharpie marker. I turn to the next clean page and write the date at the top. It was already October 1st, time flies really fast.

She starts writing all of this triangle nonsense on the board and the entire class is lost. I thought she said no one failed her class because she was such a good teacher. Which was a lie because I have a C in here.

I was trying my best to copy the work down and to stay focused but that was hard to do when you had everyone in this class paying no attention. I turn my head and I was pretty sure I saw Violet's hand down Jack's pants. That was not a sight I ever wanted to see. And I love how her boyfriend has the nerve to call me, a virgin, a slut.

"Cassidy pay attention." Mrs. Evergreen snaps at me.

"Sorry?" I say. It wasn't like my hand was down someone's pants.

She passes out this piece of paper to everyone and tells us it's for homework but we were allowed to finish it in class. I wrote my name and date on it but that was all I was going to do.

The bell rings and I had to make my way to art, well not make my way cause it was only ten feet from this class room.

I walk in and as usual the teacher wasn't there. She's probably there bout ten percent of the time and when she is, she doesn't speak to us. I once asked her if I could go to the bathroom and she told me that I needed to stop bothering her. Don't get me wrong, I was never angry she wasn't there because me and everyone else have an A. I haven't even done any art this entire year.

I sit near Kevin and Alex and they were talking about the concert.  "Did Jeremy invite you to the concert yet?" Alex asked me.

"Yeah, he told me he already bought the tickets."

"He did."

To my surprise the teacher walked in. She sat at her desk and played solitaire on her computer. I took out my phone and played candy crush. She never cared what we did as long as we didn't talk to her, which I already learned my lesson on.

I won this level I had been stuck on for a week now. I put my phone away because it was almost dead and took out my art notebook. I worked on a picture of this house and there were kids playing in the yard with their dog. I was always able to draw people and dogs very well. Even for never having a pet besides a goldfish when I was eleven.

The teacher turned off her computer and walked out of the classroom saying,  "Don't blow things up." Which was probably the first thing she ever said to our class as a whole. I have no idea why she would leave because seventh period started in like three minutes.

I put my notebook away along with a few other art suplies. I waited impatiently for the bell to ring and when it did I got up to go to gym.

I walk in and sit on the bleacher like I do every day. All by myself. Some kids get balls and go out on the field and play soccer. If I had to pick a sport I did miledly enjoy it would be soccer.

I look to the set of bleacher's next to me and see someone I hadn't seen in here all year. It was Josh. I go over and say hello.

"Hey, you have gym this period?" he asks me.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you all year."

"Usually I sit behind the bleachers but I got caught yesterday so now they're making me sit up here, I would have sooner if I knew you were in here."

"So did Jeremy tell you about the concert yet?" I ask.

"Yeah we had been planning to go for a while now."

"Oh that's pretty cool."

The coach blows her stupid freaking whistle at me again and told me I wasn't allowed to be over here because we weren't in the same class which was totally stupid.

"See ya later." I say and go sit where I was before. If I had to pick my least favorite teacher it would either be my history, chemistry or gym teacher. I hated all of my teachers except for drama and English.

The bus drops me off at my stop and I walk to my house. My mom was outside drinking something and sitting on the lawn chair.

"Hey mom." I say.

"Hello darling, nice day at school?"

"Yeah." I say and open the front door. My dad was in his "do not disturb" mood again and was sitting, typing something important on his computer. I go in my room and look up Memphis May Fire on wikipedia and it said they were an "American metalcore band formed in Dallas Texas" Basically they were taking me to a screamo concert which I never had any plans to ever to.

I type in youtube in the url search and search for "memphis may fire." and the first thing to come up was a music video for one of their song named "stay the course" I click on it and start listening.

Honestly when he wasn't screaming his lungs out it was quite enjoyable. I look at other videos like "miles away" and "no ordinary love" my favorite by far was miles away.

Maybe this concert wouldn't be the worst thing to ever happen to me.