Aquarium.

We parked the car and started walking towards the main doors to buy our tickets. My mom and dad were waiting on line and I was sitting on a bench in front of a big waterfall with a bunch of fish swimming at the bottom.

I get a text from Norrie saying, "Hey where are you?"

"Right in front of the ticket line."

The sliding doors open and there she was, I had to constrain myself not to scream as loud as I possibly could. She ran up to me and we hugged for a good solid minute.

"How have you been?" she asks me.

"I've been doing ok, I forgot how cold it was up here."

"What is it like in Florida?" she asks.

"Right now it's probably like seventy degrees, and yet the people down there still complain about it being cold."

She laughs, "What's school like down there?"

"It's a lot different than up here, the people are so annoying and don't get me started on the teachers. For starters I got detention on the second day of school for saying bitch or fuck or something, I cant even remember. And then this kid and I got in trouble even though we did nothing wrong and we had to scrub paint off of the wall in the hot burning sun."

She looks at me like she was lost, "Child you need to move back up here everything is so chill."

Even though I did like living here a thousand times more than I liked living in Florida, I still didn't think it would be right to just up and leave, I of course didn't say any of this.

"I miss it up here. Especially the snow."

"Okay girls." my mom walks over with our tickets and gives us each one after hugging Norrie. "You two can head off, but text me every hour that you're doing ok, your father and I will walk elsewhere."

I hug my mom and we walk over to the ticket line and we were inside. There were a bunch of life size models of extinct sharks hanging from the roof and I remember how much they scared me when I was little.

"So Cassy, you gotta boyfriend or what?" she asks.

"Or what." I joke. thinking about Jeremy, hopefully he was doing ok with his family. I'll text him later.

"So what about you?" I ask.

"Ugh, no. You know how the boys are up here."

"They are the exact same in Florida it's ok I get you." after that I thought that all my friends were guys, my dad really didn't like that.

We sat down on a bench and talked for a while, apparently she was almost failing chemistry. But other than that everything was doing ok.

"Have you made any new friends?" she asks.

I think about Jeremy of course, he was really my only good friend, sure I loved the other guys but there was just something so special about him.

"Yeah I've made a couple I guess." I say.

"Any hot ones?" she seductively smiles.

I laugh, "I don't know, I haven't really thought about it too much." which was a lie because I totally have. I show her a selfie of Jeremy, Neil and I on the night of the concert.

"Oh my god, he is so cute." she points to Jeremy and I blush.

My phone buzzes and it was a text from my mom, "Hey just checking in."

"Hey, were sitting on a bench outside of some store."

"Ok, stay safe." my mom could really be a safety freak.