Birthdays and death.

"Happy February 15th." Jeremy said to me as he sat next to me on the bus.

"Thanks for remembering." I said.

The reason why February 15th was so important was because its my birthday, and the day after Valentine's Day. So instead of celebrating it yesterday, were doing it today.

"How could I forget?" he asked. "I also got you something." he said and handed me a piece of paper.

It read "Come see Ocala's newest band live, at Ghostrider saloon this Saturday."

"Oh my god this is your first show. You guys are pulling through with this!"

"Yeah. And of course you get in for free." he said.

"Thank you so much. I've never heard you guys perform before."

"Well I hope we're good."

"Why wouldn't you be good?" I asked.

"I don't know, if you haven't noticed it yet, not too many people around here like the kind of music we do."

"And you're afraid of people not showing up because of that?"

"Well yeah. I'm not the most liked around here."

"Well yeah but there's more than one high school in Marion county. Most of the people who see this flyer don't even know who you are. And plus it's only the seniors at our school that do know you. I think you should put some of these flyers up around school, you know get the word out."

"Yeah maybe you're right."

"Of course I am, I'm always right. And it's my birthday so you have to do what I say anyway."

"Oh is that how it works?" he asked.

"Yes it does. I'm an adult now, I'm 18."

"Well I turned 18 last year, I'm an older adult."

"Doesn't matter because I am amazing." I said.

"Oh well that's true."

The bus pulled onto the curb and everyone was getting off and hanging around with their friends. It was really nice outside today so a lot of people didn't want to go inside.

Jeremy and I walk past everyone and walk inside the main doors.

"Jeremy let me see one of those flyer thingies." I said.

He handed me one, "I'm gonna go nail this to the bulletin board."

Right when you walked in the school there were a bunch of trophies and this massive bulletin board with flyers and stuff. I thought it would be a good place to put something like this.

"What are you two doing?" the principal asked us and walked over to me, taking the flyer out of my hand.

"No absolutely not. You are not going to advertise such slander in my school." he said and handed Jeremy the flyer.

"But sir, it's not slander it's just music." he tried to defend himself.

"No it's not. It's just a bunch of meaningless noise. I've heard things about this particular concert hall, and none of them are good. Now I want the two of you marching to homeroom. Right now."