Prom.

Tonight was my high school prom. I felt my dress glide smoothly as I walked down the stairs in my house.

"I need to take a picture." My mom said holding the camera. I posed a little bit and she took a few photos.

After that, my dad took photos of me with my mom and then my mom took photos of me with my dad. Jeremy rang the doorbell and my mom let him in.

"Ok stand closer to each other." My mom said.

She took a few photos and then Jeremy held my hand and walked me to the limo.

"This is so fancy." I said.

"I know. I do the best for the best."

The driver drove us to the school and let us out. We met up with Neil and Kevin.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Hey you two look so nice." Kevin said.

"Thanks. Shall we go inside?" I asked and we all nodded and went inside.

We were in the gym. It looked odd having the bleachers rolled up. The theme to the prom was the 1920s. That was basically an excuse so they could use ancient decorations.

"It would be so funny if we slipped one of your songs to the DJ and he ended up playing it." I said to Jeremy.

"Yeah it really would." He said. "We'd probably get kicked out or something."

"That would make it even more fun." I said.

We danced like idiots for a while. Jeremy tried to whip at one point and I am so ashamed of him.

"Jeremy you sure can sing but you're the reason why white people cant whip." I joked.

"Shut up my moves are amazing and you are just jealous." He said.

We both were tired of dancing so we started to lean on the bleachers because there were no empty seats.

"Why did you show up here?" Justin walked up to us.

"Because it is a free country I will do whatever I damn well please." Jeremy said.

"Ok just don't get any AIDS in the punch bowl." Justin walked away and I saw Jeremy ball a fist.

"Not here, not now." I said. "Just forget about him. In two weeks he won't mean a thing to us."

"Longest two weeks of my life." Jeremy said.

We leaned against the wall for another five minutes without saying anything. I could tell that Jeremy was mad and I followed him outside the gym and down the hall.

"Ugh this night is going to go on forever." Jeremy leaned up against a locker and slowly slid down to the floor.

"Come on." I lightly kicked him. "You need to get up."

"Why? I like the floor."

"The floor is nasty." I said. "Come on get up."

"Why don't you get down here?" He asked.

"Because it's gross."

"Come on you know you want to." Jeremy started tugging on my dress.

"Jeremy I'm going to ruin this dress. Do you know how expensive it was?"