Chapter Two: School Sucks

"Stephanie, we have school," someone says shaking me awake, and I see Liam and Scott rushing around. "Thanks, Mason," I say and run to my room, and Scott yells that we have 10 minutes until we leave. I throw my hair into a messy bun and put on a hoodie with leggings. I grab my Vans and my keys to my car, and I rush downstairs. "Liam and Mason, you guys can ride with me," I say, and they smile then run outside. Mason calls, "Shotgun," and I laugh as I get into the driver seat. "Just get in the car, so we aren't late," I say, and they listen. If I was going to go the speed limit, we have to leave now, so I pull out and hope to miss all the stop lights.

Safely we make it to Beacon Hill High School, and they thank me and run to their first period. I walk to my class and take my seat for English. "Miss McCall, I thought you were in the hospital," Mrs. Reynolds says, and I shake my head. "I was released yesterday," I tell her. She nods and continues with the lesson she had started while I was dying in the hospital. The boy to my right taps on my shoulder, "Hey, um here are my notes for Shakespearean history that you missed." I smile, " Thanks... uh. I'll give them back after I copy them." He nods, "My name is Cody by the way." I nod back, "I see you noticed I forgot, but thank you, Cody." The bell rings, and everyone rushes out, but Mrs. Reynolds stops me. "Stephanie, I hope you have a better year, and I know that you've been gone, but that doesn't mean that you have to fall behind." I nod, "I understand. I don't need the notes because someone is letting me copy their's." She is dumbfounded, "Oh. Well. Have a good day." I turn on my heels and exit quickly to get to my second period.

I walk in as the bell rings, and the teacher isn't there, so I sit in between Mason and Liam. Mr. Yukimura walks in, "Good morning class, and Welcome back, Stephanie." I nod, and the whispers start. "That can't be Stephanie McCall." "She looks different." "Doesn't she?" "I thought she transferred." "Has she been here the whole time?" The tears form as the comments got meaner, and I run out of the class to the lacrosse field. I am bawling just release tension. "Are you okay," Liam asks as he sits next to me on the bleachers. "Honestly, no. I am farthest thing from it. I have IED and A.D.D. and I have trust issues. I have no idea why I am telling you this because normally I'll just lie and let people believe that I can handle everything when I can't even control something as small as irritation. I am rabbling." I blush and look down as I continue to cry. "Steph, Kira's dad texted me. What's wrong, sis," Scott hugs me. Liam tells him about the whispering and rude comments which makes Scott hug me tighter. "I knew I should have had you stay home today," he says causing me to shake my head. "No. I just didn't take my medicine this morning. I'll be fine, Bubba," I say. Liam giggles, "She calls you Bubba." I growl, and he defends himself, "I thought it was cute, sorry." I look at him, "Why did you come after me when I ran out of class?" Liam looks me in the eyes, "Because I knew you have IED, and I knew that Scott wouldn't have been here if you had an outburst. I am also the only werewolf other than you that has experience with actually having it." I stop crying and look at him in awe, "You are the Liam that I have to have a wolfie anger management course with. You don't seem to have anger issues." Scott burst out with laughter, "You have no idea. You both are very dangerous." Liam and I glare at him and growl. "Like that," Scott states, "You can flip a switch like it is nothing." I roll my eyes and get up, "Well, Liam we have to get to third period." Scott says, "I can walk you guys." I frown at him, "Scott, you have pushed me away completely. You can't expect to receive an instantaneous reconnection to what we used to have. I love you, but don't push it. When it happens, we will be close again." He nods and lets Liam walk me to class.

The rest of the day was filled with whispering, and people noticing me. I hate to admit it, but Mason was right. I go to the practice room for my singing lesson after school is over, and Ms. Layton goes threw my warm ups. "Sing your warm up song you love so much," She smiles. "She would not show that she was afraid, but being feeling alone was too much to face. Though everyone to she was so strong, what they didn't know is that she could barely carry on,but she would be okay, so didn't let it get in her way," I sing with all my heart. I start to cry, so Ms. Layton stops me, "Stephanie, I know why you love this song, but I think we should start with your song for the show case." I nod and wipe my tears. I take a deep breath and grab my guitar, "I think the universe is on my side. Heaven and earth have finally aligned. Days are good, and that's the way it should be. You sprinkle stardust on my pillow case. It's like a moonbeam brushed across my face. Nights are good, that's the way it should be. You make me sing oo oo oo la la la. You make a girl sing oo oo oo I'm in love, love. Did you see that shooting star tonight? Were you dazzled by the same constellation? Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me? I think you and the moon and Neptune got it right cause now I'm shining bright," I put on a show that would make an award winning actress proud, and I finish strong making Ms. Layton happy. "I'll see you tomorrow," She says dismissing me. "Yea," I say and walk to the lacrosse field because my brother is still praticing.

Scott sees me and smiles. I get on my phone as he finishes his play and sprints to be done with practice. I look up to see four boys running up to me. "Hey, Stiles, Liam, Mason, and Scott," I say putting my phone down. Scott pulls me into a hug, "Hi." I push him off me, "Ew. You are sweaty and gross." The guys laugh, and I add, "The only one who is not is Mason." I sit back down, "Go take your showers and come on. Mason and I will wait out here." "Okay Miss Bossy-pants," Stiles says with a sassy head roll. I laugh, and they go. Mason sits next to me, "How was your day?" I fake a laugh, "Great." He shakes his head, "You don't have to hide how you feel or put on an act to make everyone think you don't need anyone. We're here for you." I look down, "I'm sorry. I'm not used to this. To any of this." "I understand. I'm new to this too, but Liam would understand more than anyone," He says, and the boys come back as if on cue. I grab my bag and keys, "Let's go then. See you later, Stiles, and I'll see you at home, bro." I get my car, and only Liam is following me, "Mason wanted to go with Stiles for some research," he answers my unasked question. I nod, and we get on our way. "So, where are we going," I ask him. He shrugs, "Scott wants us to go to Stiles' house." I turn and start heading to Stiles'. "What's going on," I ask. He states, "Another chimera." I laugh, "So, the fun begins."