Chapter Thirteen: Here

I wake up alone in my bed with a note by my head. It reads:
Stephanie-
I hope you slept well, babe. I know you were expecting to wake up with me there, but Derek needed me to go with him somewhere. I'll be back soon to see your beautiful face.
-Isaac
I put the note down and get up carefully off my bed. I walk into the kitchen to get something to eat, but Danny scolds, "You are not supposed to get out of bed." "Danny, I'm hungry," I say looking at him. he sighs, "Go lay back down, and I'll bring you a smoothie." "Why a smoothie," I ask confused. "You won't have to chew which means you won't hurt yourself eating," he says. I shrug, "Makes sense." "Okay, now go lay back down before Isaac kills me for letting you walk around," he points toward my room. I turn and start walking, "I'm going." "Why is she out of bed, Danny," Isaac says as I'm almost to my room. Danny groans and says, "She was hungry and came in here, but I told her to go lay back down." "I'm sorry, Danny," I say. Isaac tells me, "You don't have to apologize for being hungry." "Yea, just go lay back down, and I'll make you that smoothie," Danny says. I nod and go back to my room.

As I sit on my bed, Isaac comes in, "I'm sorry I wasn't here when you got up." "You don't have to apologize. It isn't like we're dating," I speak softly and look down. Isaac kneels in front of me and tilts my head up, "Stephanie, I am sorry for not being there when you woke up. I wanted to be there when you did." "Why would someone as gorgeous as you want to do that," I think out loud then turn my head looking away from him blushing realizing I actually said it. He chuckles, "I'm not as gorgeous as you." "I look like Dr. Frankenstein tried give me a face lift," I say. He laughs, "No, you don't. How did you come up with that one?" "I'm creative," I frown. He sighs, "I see that and your beauty." "Why do you keep saying that kind of stuff," I groan. He looks at me confused, "What do you mean?" "We're not dating, and you keep saying perfect, boyfriendy stuff," I groan. He caresses my cheek, "Do you want me to change that?" "Yes," I say looking into his eyes. He kisses me gently, but I'm too surprised to kiss back. He pulls away and asks, "Stephanie Camden McCall, will you be my girlfriend?" I open my mouth, but nothing comes out, so I nod with mouth still open. He chuckles and pushes my chin up to close mouth, "You thought I meant changing the 'perfect, boyfriendy stuff', but I don't think I could do that one." "Finally," Derek yells inside the loft somewhere. I shake my head, "I can't bring myself to be mad at him."

I drink my smoothie that Danny made me as I listen to music with Isaac, and Latch by Sam Smith comes on. "Will you sing to me," he asks looking at me. I look at the ceiling, "Uh.. Uuhhh... Uh..." "Really," he chuckles, "You won't sing for me?" "I don't know the words that well," I say. Isaac says, "Your pulse says otherwise." "Fine, but I can't sing full out," I say. He nods, "Just sing." I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I go into my little world an start with the chorus, "Now, I've got you in my space. I won't let go of you. Got you shackled in my embrace I'm latching onto you. I'm so en-captured, got me wrapped up in your touch. Feel so enamored, hold me tight within your clutch. How do you do it? You got me losing every breath. What did you give me to make my heart beat out of my chest?" I wince and stop singing, "Sorry, I got too into it. I usually do." "It is completely okay," he says, "You're really good." "Thank you," I say and poke his side which causes him to jump.

He chuckles, "You are lucky I can't do that to you, but you will get it when you heal all the way." "Oh no. I'm so scared," I sass. He leans in close and says, "Remember what happened last time we played that game? I won." "I let you win," I sass leaning closer to him. He chuckles putting his hands on my sides, "I'm sure you did." "If I didn't hear what you guys were talking about, I'd think I was walking into something I didn't want to see," Ethan says making us jump. I pull away from Isaac, "What do you want?" "Dr. Deaton wants you to go to the vet," he answers. I get up and put shoes on, and I braid my hair loosely. "Who is taking me," I ask, and Isaac grabs my hand with keys in hand.

Isaac makes sure not to jerk around as he drive me to the vet. He stops in the back of it and turns off the car, and we go in the door that goes directly to the operating room. "Dr. Deaton, I'm here," I say as I sit on the table, and Isaac stands beside me. Deaton speaks as he walks in, "I need to see how you're healing." "Okay," I say, and Deaton tells me to lay back. I comply, and he restrains my arms, "Is this necessary?" "Yes," He answers me as he restrains my ankles. I look at Isaac, and he asks, "Do you want me to hold your hand?" "Please," I sigh and look toward the light. He chuckles, "You're still a pain in my ass." "Mine too, but that's why I like you," I smiling as he grabs my hand. Deaton comes back and stands on the other side of me. Deaton warns, "This may be unpleasant." "I thought so," I say and close my eyes. He lightly applies pressure to the crossing, and I cringe, "Son of a mother, frick ah." "That is obviously tender still," he says taking off the pressure, "but your skull is fused completely." "That's great," I say. Isaac kisses my hand and asks, "That means the stitches can be taken out?" "Yes, and I can do that now since you are restrained," he answers. I frown, "This is the unpleasant part, isn't it?" "Possibly," he says and grabs some surgical scissors. I sigh and Isaac squeezes my hand, "I'm here for you." "Isaac, you might want to hold her head still," Deaton says seriously. Isaac asks, "How am I supposed to do that if the stitches are on top of her head too?" "Figure it out," I say. He gets on the table straddling my hips and holds my face in place firmly. I look into his eyes, "Thank you." "You're welcome."

Deaton begins removing the stitches, and I begin to struggle. Isaac growls but stays strong as I buck my hips, and I whimper, "Hurry up, please?" "I agree with," Isaac say, "She isn't making this easy for me." "I'm a pain in your ass remember. I'm not supposed to make it easy for you," I say making him chuckle. He says, "I remember, and I'm a pain in your ass, but I mean you keep grinding onto my crotch." "Oh," I say blushing, "I didn't know that." I whimper and struggle as I feel Deaton pull out another one. "Really try not to buck your hips," Isaac says. I whimper, "I'm not doing it on purpose." "I only have a few more left," Deaton says trying not to laugh at Isaac. I look Isaac in the eyes, "I'm sorry." "It's okay. It's not your fault," he says and bites his lip as I involuntarily buck my hips again. I apologize again, and Isaac says, "Stop saying you're sorry." "This is the last one," Deaton says as he pulls it out. Isaac lets go of my face and works on my restraints on my wrists, and Deaton says releasing my ankles, "It is already healing at a rapid rate, so you should be as good as new by tomorrow morning." "Thank you, Dr. Deaton," I say I sit up and feel what I have done to Isaac. I look at him and blush really hard. I look at the ceiling and say, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." "I know. Let's get you home, so you can rest," he says getting off of me. I take his hand and say still not necessarily looking at him, "You don't have to lay with me when we get home, so you can fix yourself." "I want to lay with you to make sure you're actually resting," he says starting the car, and I shake my head smiling. "Okay," I whisper. He turns the my face to look at him, "I told you I was here." "And I thought I was a pain in your ass," I say smiling. "You are, but that's why I like you," he says and kisses me.