Chapter Twenty-Four: Synchronization Part 2

I don't feel the alcohol even though I've had approximately eight shots, so I have to fake it to make it. I slur, "I love this song. Brett, dance with me." He chuckles and stumbles to the dance floor, and I mumble, "Are you faking too?" "Yes, werewolves can't get drunk. It has something to do with our healing," he whispers as he grabs my hips. I sway them as I wrap my arms around his neck, and a very drunk Blake cheers, "Get some!" "Not like you could," Brett slurs back. Blake smirks and rushes up to me and pulls me into a sloppy kiss. I push him off and slur without thinking, "Brett is the only kne that can kiss me." "What," Brett says turning me to face him as I try to slowly step away. I try to pretend like I didn't know what he was talking about, "Whaattt? I'm drunk." "Stephanie," he says pulling me to him then whispers, "Neither one of us are, and I can tell you if I had no filter I would have said something like that." "I liked you before I had an anchor then lost it, but you don't even have to touch me to make me feel better," I whisper as he looks into my eyes then down at my lips. "May I," he breathes looking back at my eyes. I lean up, and he touches his lips gingerly on mine, and butterflies flutter in my stomach as electricity brings every nerve to life. He pulls away and searches my eyes, "Please, tell me you felt the spark and butterflies." "I did," I say looking down, but he tilts my head back up, "You don't have to hide from me. I know about your worst and best moments, and I still feel the way I did when I first saw you." I giggle but catch myself, and we say, "Do you want to leave?" I smile as he nods and takes my hand. I lead him outside, and water is poured on my head.

My mascara is running down my face, but I was only wearing eyeliner and mascara. I see Bethany with the bucket, and Brett holds me back. I struggle, but he says, "Looks like Sephora didn't throw up on Stephanie's face, but it looks like they did twice on yours, Beth." I smile at him as he says, "Steph, I like you without make up anyway." "Thanks. I got your shirt all wet," I say smiling like an idiot. He chuckles, "You're soaked, so my shirt is the least of my worries." "Why can't I make you pay," Bethany whines. I look at her, "Because you aren't worth my time." "Let's go, my lady," Brett says picking me up. I squeal then giggle, "Brett." "Stephanie," he mimics me then sets me in the passenger seat of his car. He drives as we sing along with the radio. I look at my phone, and Scott texted me. I read it out loud, "Steph, you can't come home. Mom is working late, and I am having Kira over." I mentally puke then Brett asked, "Where are you going to go?" "I don't know. I could ask my dad if I can stay at his house, but Stiles probably has Malia over. So, I really have no idea because I don't want to ask Derek," I say and put my face in my hands. He parks and rubs my back, "We'll figure something out." "I guess," I sigh as I look up at him.

We get out and go in Brett's house. I stay in the foyer, and he went to grab clothes. I think, "What the heck is this? We aren't dating, but we act like it. This is a freaking Malia and Stiles thing except Brett and I don't have sex. Oh well." Brett comes back with sweats and a tee shirt on and a set for me, but he brought me some of his boxer briefs. I giggle holding them up, "Batman?" "What's wrong with Batman," he asks grabbing them. I shake my head and take them back, "Nothing at all. Batman is my favorite." He smiles then shows me where the bathroom is. I change into the tee shirt that fits perfectly, Batman boxer, and the sweats that I have to roll up a couple times. I come out and sit on the couch uncomfortably crossing my arms because I don't have a bra on. Satomi sits next to me on the couch, "Brett tells me that you can't go home tonight, young alpha." "Uh, yea. My brother is having his girlfriend over, and he thought it would be nice to warn me not to come home," I sigh looking at her. She smiles, "You are no longer nervous around me," then she pauses, "You may stay here but not in Brett's room." "I wouldn't dream of it, Satomi," I say, "Thank you, and Brett, I know you think I'd be upset and are hiding behind the wall."

"You're not?," Brett pokes his head out, and I shake my head. Satomi answers, "She could only get slightly irritated with you if that." "You aren't supposed to go telling my secrets," I chuckle with her. She shrugs, "He would have been oblivious if you pretended, but it is the same for you. He literally couldn't imagine being upset with you." "Awkward goal has been achieved," I say blushing. She giggles to herself then gets up, "That is my job" "You are excellent at it," Brett says looking at the ceiling. I whisper, "She is like your parent." "I know," he whispers back finally looking at me. Satomi laughs then goes somewhere else in the house. "Want to watch a movie," we both ask at the same time then nod. He says, "Which one?" "Just pick a scary one," I smile grabbing a blanket that was on the back of the couch. He sits on the couch using part of the blanket.

I wake up tangled up in the blanket and Brett. Satomi is standing there, "You two fell asleep laying opposite then you ended up like this." I try to move, but Brett is holding me in place, so I ask, "What time is it?" "5:45 in the morning," she says, "You have two hours until school starts." I rock myself, but we both fall with him landing on top of me. I grunt, "Ow. Brett, are you up?" "I am now," he says getting up and helping me in the process. Satomi chuckles, "You two are a hot mess." I start to go one way, but Brett goes the same way making us fall again. Brett grunts because I fall on top this time. I help him up then go the other way. "I need to stop by my house to change," I say when I realize I don't have a uniform here. He nods then runs to change. "Let's go," Brett say coming out disheveled but dressed.

I rush out of the car and run Scott over getting into the door. "Sorry," I say but keep going to my room. I brush my hair and teeth at the same time then wash my face. I strip of the sweats and shirt then put on a sports bra. I rush to my closet and throw on my uniform. I put the sweats and tee shirt in my sports bag. I put on my Sperries, throw my hair into a bun, and grab my bags. I run out to Brett's car and put my stuff in the backseat. "Just in time," Brett says as I get in. I say smiling, "School, please?" "Only if I can have a little kiss," he says. I give him a kiss on the cheek then giggle, "There." "That isn't what I meant, but it works," he chuckles pulling out of my driveway with a pouty face and heads toward Devenford Prep. At a stop light, I give him a small kiss, "Is that better, Mr. Pouty." "Yes," he smiles really big making me giggle. He parks and runs to the other side of the car as I'm about to grab my duffel bag, he grabs it. I grab his backpack as he tries to grab it, and he smiles. "I see what you did there," he chuckles. I nod, "It is only fair." He booty bumps me, "I know, but I am capable of grabbing it." "I am also capable of grabbing my bag," I say booty bumping him back then start walking toward the door. We both grab for the door, but I let him hold it open. I get to my locker and put my backpack in it. I grab what I need then head to Brett's locker. He gets what he needs, and we head to Coach Nelson's classroom. "Hey, you guys are early for having a party last night," Coach says. I say, "We didn't stay long, and I need my locker in the girls locker room. You told me to see you today." "That is true," he says looking through the papers on his desk and hands me a sticky note, "Here." I smiles, "Thanks. See you second period." Brett grabs my hand and leads me to the locker rooms. He hands me my duffel with a smile, "See you in History." "See you then," I walk into the girls locker room and search for my locker. I find it and shove my bag in it. I hear the guys in their locker room, "Brett! So, what happened?" "Nothing," Brett answers. Blake says, "C'mon, man. She pushed me off then you guys kissed and left. What really happened?" "Honestly, nothing," Brett says, "I dropped her off at her house then went home." "Dude, she totally wants you," Josh says. I chuckle to myself, "We already established that." "Guys, it is complicated," he says, "I don't want to rush things." I smile because I hear all of their heart rates are normal. Trevor says, "If you don't make a move, someone else will." I pull out my phone and text Brett, "You have nothing to worry about." "She just texted me," Brett says and mumbles so only I could possibly hear it, "I know, bae." "Good, bae," I mumble back them walk to class.