Chapter Twenty-Six: No Chill

I start to cry because of all the overwhelming feelings that have built up since I've been home. "Stephanie," Scott says, and I look at him as I say, "I need this." "I need to go," Brett says and rushes out. I open my mouth to stop him, but nothing comes out. I cry even harder, and Liam hugs me, "I may not be your anchor, but I can atleast try to make you feel better." "It is my fault," Scott says, "I told you guys about it when you guys weren't ready to handle it." I roar, "I-I am feeling my anger." "Steph, calm down," Scott says. I growl, "Liam, let go of me." He releases me and slowly backs away. I feel my claws digging into my hands. I am shaking because I want to let it all go, but I try to hold it in. I drop to my knees, and Scott comes toward me, but Liam grabs him, "Don't. She is fighting her outburst, but it won't last long." I slam my hands on the floor and roar. My vision turns red, and my rage hits me like a bus. I get up and start to go outside, but Scott grabs me and drags me back inside. I grab the cofee table and break it over my knee. I roar and point at Scott, "You shouldn't have told us." "I realize that now," he says, "I'm sorry." "No, it doesn't matter," I say dropping to the floor and weep, "He is gone." "Only temporarily," Liam tries to lighten mood. I drag myself to my room and lay in bed. I get a notification on my phone.

The new boo is what the post says with a picture of Brett and Madison. I put my phone down and put on a tight black dress with heels. I put on mascara and lipstick, "Two can play this game." I grab my keys and announce, "I'm going out." I slam the front door behind me. I drive to the club, and Brett is there with Madison. Blake is at the bar, and I decide he is my victim. "Hey, Blake," I say touching his arm, and he looks over at Brett. I smile at him then back to Blake, "You know what?" "What," Blake says nervous. I bite my lip while I look him up and down, and he gulps as I say, "I think you're really hot." "I thought you were into Brett," he says. I giggle and shake my head, "No, he is only a friend." "Do you want to dance," he asks, and I nod. I dance on him, and Brett's eyes are on me the entire time. I smirk and wink at him then turn and kiss Blake. I pull away and say, "That was nice, but I'm gonna go home." "Text me," Blake says, and I nod winking at him. I walk to my car and feel guilty, "I can't keep doing that."

I get home, and Scott is still there with Liam, but Stiles and Malia are here. "Hey," I sigh and plop on the couch. Malia asks, "Do you want to talk about it?" "We weren't dating, but it hurt when he ran out of here and got into a relationship," I say disappointed in myself, "So, I went and danced and kissed one of his best friends while he watched." "What did he do," Stiles asks. I start to cry, "He just sat there staring at me. He is doing this because he doesn't want to deal with the bond." "You told them," Stiles says getting angry with Scott, "Satomi, Derek, and Braeden told you they were not ready, but you did it anyway, and our little sister is sitting here heartbroken." "I get it. I messed up. I thought that since they were so into each other it wouldn't do any harm," Scott snaps. I curl into a little ball as Liam rubs my back, "It'll be okay. He is stupid." I cry harder and shake my head, "I'm a monster." "Not all monsters do monstrous things. Lydia told me that once," Scott says. I look at him and chuckle sadly, "Do you realize how many monstrous things have I done? I tried to kill people. I tried to hurt you guys." "You weren't yourself, Steph," Stiles says. I look him in the eyes, "You guys don't get it. My anger is a part of me just like anything else." "You said you couldn't even really get angry around him," Scott says. I get up and yell, "Because I can't. That is part of the stupid bond." "Stephanie," Malia says reaching out to me. I stomp to my room and take my make up off. I change into regular clothes then storm out with my keys. "Stephanie, where are you going," Scott yells as I peel out of the driveway.

I turn the car off and walk up to the door, but it opens before I can knock. "Your brother told you both, didn't he," Satomi says examining me. The tears begin to fall as I nod and say, "He ran and started going out with someone." She sighs and lets me in, "I knew this would happen if he told you guys." "I need to know more, Satomi," I say and wipe my face. She nods and takes my hand, "Let me make some tea, and I'll tell you the basics." I sit at the dining table, and she goes into the kitchen. I think back to the club when Brett couldn't stop staring at me as I danced with Blake then kissed him. "Did you retaliate," Satomi asks as she sits across from me. I whisper looking at my hands, "You ask that like you already know the answer." "I can smell your guilt and pain," she says, "You don't have to worry. I'm not judging you because it is a common reaction to hurt those who have hurt you." "I am ashamed of my own actions," I say meeting her gaze, "I am a foolish girl." "You should realize that is rare to find your mate at such a young age if ever," Satomi says, "Most people do not react well when they first find out either." "Brett's response is normal, and so is mine. Is that what you are trying to tell me," I sigh and think to myself, "if this mate bond thing is supposed to be so great, why is it difficult to deal with?" Satomi nods, "Yes." I massage my temples, "This is irritating." "I can see how you can feel that way," she chuckles. I hold my breath as I catch a familiar scent, and a voice calls out to Satomi, "Mom, please tell me Scott is using Stephanie's car." "Why," Satomi answers looking at me, "I thought you liked her." "I do, but it is complicated. I just-," he says but cuts himself off. A tear escapes down my face as I mouth to her, "I have to leave." She grabs my hand and shakes her head, "Brett, what were you going to say?" "She is here," he says, "I can feel her presence." I hear his footsteps get closer and see him. I struggle against Satomi's grip, but he makes eye contact with me, and it is over. Confrontation is unavoidable as he just stands there. Satomi says, "I believe you were told about your bond." Brett's eyes stare into my soul as he says, "Yes." "You hurt her, do you realize this," Satomi says angrily. He nods looking at his feet. "She got me back," he sniffles causing me to slam my hand on the table. I raise my voice, "You made me do that. Do you realize how it makes me feel when I was left alone to deal with all this while you ran to another girl?" Satomi lets go of my other hand, and Brett looks up at me, "Do you know how it feels to watch the girl you love dancing with someone else and then kiss them?" "You love me," I ask then growl, "You have a funny way of showing it when you go off to Madison. Do you know how it feels to break down, blow up, then break down again, and to top it off find out find out the guy you love ran off to another girl instead of being there for you?" Shock registers in both of us, "Did you just say you loved me? No. Yes, you did." Satomi slowly walks around Brett, and Brett marches up to me, "I'm so stupid." "We are both stupid," I say as we gaze into each others eyes. He picks me up and kisses me passionately then I pull away. Brett brushes the hair away from my face and rests his forehead on mine. We both confess as we hold each other in our arms, "I did say I love you."