Chapter Nine: Relaxing? Impossible.

I pace around the main room of Derek's loft all night. "Stephanie, will you sit down and eat something," Braeden asks. I shake my head and continue to pace. I hear Isaac and Ethan whispering with each other. Isaac leans into Ethan, "What do you think Derek did?" "I don't think Derek did anything," Ethan says back. Isaac says, "They both went somewhere last night." "That doesn't mean anything. Her mom did brain scans on her. She probably found the cause of Stephanie's lack of control," he says, and I stop and look at them glaring, "I can still hear you, numb skulls." Isaac puts his hands up in surrender, "I was just trying to figure out why you were pacing." "I was saying it wasn't Derek's fault," Ethan says. I roll my eyes, "I know what you were doing, and if you were so curious, you could have asked." "Okay, why are you pacing," Isaac asks growling with frustration. I growl back, "I don't think you should growl at me." "I think you need to relax," he chuckles. I laugh super loud, "Me? Relax?" I stop laughing to continue, "I am the definition of on edge." He laughs a little, "I see that. You're like your brother but bitchier."

He realizes what he says and covers his mouth. I growl, "Do you want to repeat that?" He shakes his head with wide eyes. I strut to him and grab his shirt, "No, I want to know how bitchy I am, and why you think I am." Braeden speaks up, "Isaac, you need to think before you speak next time." He looks at her, "No shit? I would have never gathered that from my current situation." "Come on tell me why I am bitchy. You must have a theory," I growl. He looks me in the eyes, "Because you're afraid. You are afraid of yourself. You are afraid of finding out what you are capable of. You are afraid of finding out you are the monster you think you are. You are afraid that people will see you as the monster you think you are. You are afraid that they will see how afraid you are. You are the most afraid that they will see how broken and vulnerable you really are," Isaac says, "That is my theory." I let go of his shirt as I begin to cry and snap. I growl, "How could you possibly know any of that?" "Because I know exactly how it feels to be the definition of tense, or even better, I know how it feels to be the definition of terrified," he says walking up to me completely like he was on a mission. I look at him confused and growl as a warning, but he ignores it as he hugs me. He whispers, "Just cry it out," and I think about pushing off me, but I can't. I feel safe in his arms and start to calm the anger, but I can't stop crying, and he holds me tighter, "It's okay, Stephanie. Just let it all out." I hold onto him for dear life as he take me to the couch, but he doesn't let go like so many have. Isaac holds me as I bawl until I can't anymore then holds me long after that. I hear Derek as I start fall asleep finally, "We've found an anchor."

I wake up with my hair stuck to my cheeks, and Isaac sleeping and holding me. I look up and see Scott and Stiles staring at me with their arms crossed. I think to myself, "Damn it. What are they going to say to me?" Scott yells, "Isaac, wake up." Isaac jolts awake and looks at Scott then me, and he makes a realization that he should let me go. "Stephanie, were you crying," Stiles asks. I look away from him, "Why would you think that?" "I don't know maybe your hair stuck to your face," he says, "If Isaac made you cry, I will hurt him." "He didn't make me cry. I was stressed and I snapped but then he hugged me without caring, and I was able to calm my anger. I couldn't stop the tears though," I say. Scott sighs, "You have got to be kidding me. He is the anchor Derek was talking about." "Anchor? What the hell are you talking about," I say getting frustrated and Isaac grabs my hand, and I take a deep breath and speak calmly, "What is an anchor?" Stiles answers, "Something or someone that ties you to your humanity or in your case humanity and control." "So, you are saying Isaac is my anchor," I say clarifying what they were trying to say. Scott nods clearly irritated. I ask, "Scott, what did Isaac do to you?" "He didn't do anything to me. I don't want to talk about it," he says with a look I know. I sigh, "That is the mopey, Allison look. Allison went for him after you guys broke up, didn't she?" "Steph, don't," he says. I let go of Isaac's hand and stand up, "No, Scott, I will. You love Kira, and you are still irritated with Isaac because of Allison. I know it hurts. I lost her too, Scott, and I didn't even know how she really died until about a week ago. So, Scott, don't tell me to not," I start soft but then it becomes a roar, "She was there when you pushed me away. You know who I needed, Scott? I needed you, my big brother." I look at Stiles, "You knew I might be your real sister, and you didn't tell me. Atleast you didn't push me away though," and I take a step toward Scott, "I have microchips on my brain that I might have to get surgically removed, and Stiles' dad might be my real dad, and you are irritated about who my anchor is." I feel Isaac's hands on my shoulders as he whispers, "It's okay. He didn't know." "I'm sorry," I say softly. Scott sighs, "You have nothing to apologize for." Malia walks up, "Liam is completely torn up and is in desperate need of help." "What happened," I ask. She looks at me like I'm crazy, "You don't know." "Obviously not," I say, and she sees I'm completely serious. "Hayden died, and Liam is devastated," Scott answers. I tense up, and Isaac notices, "What's wrong?" "I have a feeling," I say, "How did she die?" "Her body started to reject the unnatural change," Scott says. I ask, "Are you sure? Was she anywhere near Theo?" "Pretty sure and yes. He would check on Liam and her," Scott says, and I shake my head. "He made her body reject the change," I say with confidence. I start toward the door, and Malia asks, "What are you doing?" "Finding a vengeful, little shit," I growl.