Chapter Sixteen: Impossible

I come back in Isaac's arms, but I peel myself out of them. "Stephanie, are you okay," Isaac asks. I shake my head, and he tries to touch me but is dodged every time. "Babe," he says slightly hurt. I look him in the eyes, "I can't, Isaac." I walk to my room and pack my stuff into my bag. I think to myself, "I don't know where I am going to go, but it is not safe for them if I stay. I care for him. I care for all of them, but I hurt everyone I care about." I grab the full bag and march out of the loft without a second glance at the people. It would only make this harder for me to do. I run to my old house to grab my car and set out to wherever I let the road take me.

At the edge of the raining Beacon Hill, Isaac is standing in the road, so I stop the car and get out. "What are you doing," I ask starting to cry. He walks up to me, "I am not letting you push me away. I refuse to let you make yourself unhappy because you are afraid. I refuse to let you make yourself unhappy because you think you are going to hurt people." I am bawling, "Isaac, it is the only way I know to protect the people I care about." "I know, but it doesn't protect them from you hurting them. It hurts them, and you are pushing us away like Scott pushed you away to protect you," he says holding me. I look up at him, "I was angry that he did, and look at me now trying to do the same thing." Isaac kisses my forehead and whispers in my hair, "You guys think that protecting the ones you love is the most important thing in the world. That isn't a bad thing, Steph." I cuddle myself closer to him and say, "Without love, I'd be a monster." "That is why you should stay," he says. I look him in the eyes pulling away holding his hands, "What if that is what pushes everyone away?" "You couldn't push Scott or Stiles away. You can't even push me away," he says. Like they were on cue, Stiles' Jeep pulls up next to my car. Stiles rushes out of his car so fast he almost faceplants, and I rush to help him. He hugs me, "You are not running away." "Okay, Mr. Bossy-pants," I whisper hugging him tight. He chuckles a little, but I feel his tears rolling onto my shoulder, "I wouldn't stop looking for you if you did, sis." "That is was Isaac was saying," I say. We pull away and look at Isaac. I continue, "He convinced me to stay anyway, so we don't have to worry about me running away." "That's good," Scott says walking up to Isaac and hugging him. I hear him whisper, "Thank you, Isaac. I can't lose her." "None of us can, Scott," Isaac whispers in response. When they pull away, I kiss Isaac. He pulls away smiling, "What was that for?" "I've never had my kiss in the rain," I say looking down. He lifts my chin and whispers, "Okay." He pulls me in and kisses me passionately.

I give Isaac my keys, and he drives us home listening to our song. When we get into the loft, the others are still there plus Kira, Lydia, Mason, Ethan, and Danny. "Liam borrow one of Isaac's shirts, and I'll put on one of mine, so we can have a somewhat fair fight," I say with a shy smile. He smiles, "Deal." I run to my room and grab a white tee shirt then walk out to see Liam in a muscle tee. I cross my arms, "Really?" He nods, "You said fair, so I am making it fair." I shake my head rolling my eyes, "Okay." He charges at me, but Isaac beats him at tackling me. "What is this crap," I growl. Isaac chuckles, "This isn't your definition of fair? I didn't know." I push him off and start to walk away, but Liam grabs my arms, "Stephanie, I can't just turn down this challenge."

I turn and sock him, "You asked for this." He growls and punches me back. I tackle him as we roar at each other. I try to punch him again, but he blocks causing me to hit the floor, and he flips us over. I sit up and headbutt him, and he growls, "Real cute." He pushes me back to the ground, so I use his momentum to backflip us to where I am back on top. He punches me in the chest causing me to fly off of him a few feet. As I land, I hit with a thud, and he grabs me by my shirt lifting me to my feet. I high kick the side of his head causing him to stumble to right, but he holds tight to my shirt, so I grab his and push him into a pillar. He lifts me off my feet and throws me, but I don't let go of the shirt, so it comes with me with a rip. I jump to my feet and charge at him. Liam charges at me, and we collide, but he is the one who ends up on his back. I roar in Liam's face, and Scott yells, "Stop!" I look at him, and Isaac says, "Did you see what I just saw?" "She had red eyes," Liam says getting behind Scott. I look at them like they are crazy, "That is impossible. I didn't kill an alpha, so I can't have red eyes." "We all saw it," Brett says. I march into the bathroom and look into the mirror, and my wolf eyes show the truth. I scream, "What did they do to me?" I walk out to the main room and ask, "How did they do this?" "I don't know," Scott says.

I exhale, and the sliding door slams the open. "I told you I would bring her back," Theo says. I turn and see Hayden and several chimeras that should be very dead. Liam starts to walk toward Hayden, but Scott grabs his shoulder. I take a step toward Theo snarling, "You have been working with them haven't you?" "Yes because they made me. I'm the first chimera," he says looking at me with sad eyes. I glare at him, "You helped them do this to me didn't you?" "I did," he says, "I am the one who asked them to do it." "Why in the world would you do that," I roar. He answers, "I needed an alpha for my pack." I walk up to him and grab him by the throat, and he chokes out, "I came here for a pack. The girl surrounded by death, the were-coyote, the badass kitsune, the beta with anger issues, the scientifically unlocked true alpha with rage issues, and void Stiles." I throw him across the room, and he hits a pillar hard. I roar, "What do you mean scientifically unlocked?" "They just sped up the process," he says getting to his feet. I look at him like he is crazy, "How is that possible?" "You are exactly like your brother," he says, "It was only a matter of time." "So you had them speed it up," Scott says clearly angry. I turn to look at the undead chimeras, "I am supposed to be your alpha?" Hayden nods and sighs, "He brought us back to make you forgive him." "I can't forgive him," I say, "Go to Liam." I watch Liam run to her instead, and she hugs him tight as they cry. "Why? I tried to make everything right," Theo says. I turn to Theo, "You have gone too far, Theo. I told you in the school that even if you brought her back, I wouldn't forgive you." "That is why I brought back Tracy and Cory and Simon," he says. I growl, "You brought them all back. Even Donovan. He tried to kill my brother." "He tried to kill Scott," he questioned. I growl, "Not that brother." "You only have one brother," he says. He doesn't know, so I growl, "Sheriff Stillinski is my dad. Stiles is my brother too." I turn toward Donovan, and he is growling at me. I chuckle, "I find this funny. You hate my dad, and I am your alpha now."

Donovan charges at Stiles, so I stop him. He bites me with a weird circular mouth that popped up on his hand. I roar at him, and he says, "I am not afraid of you." I get up bringing him with me and lift him off of his feet. I roar even louder causing the entire loft to shake, and he bites me again in an attempt to make me release. He struggles, but I grip him tighter and growl, "Are you scared now?" "I am," he whimpers, and I chuckle. I snarl, "You will not touch my brother. Do you understand me?" "Yes," he says. I smile and set him on his feet, "Good because if you do, I will kill you again. I don't care." I let him go and turn back to Theo, "You said everyone but Scott." He says, "I don't need him." "You're going to need him to hold me back," I say marching toward, "I am gonna blow up." Isaac tries to anchor me, but I am too far. "Isaac, I don't want to hurt you," I say, and he steps away. I drop to my knees and roar the loudest I ever had, and the windows shatter as the grip on my humanity becomes nonexistent.