Chapter Four: Here We Go

My eyes flutter open to see a fluorescent light beaming into my face, and I sit up to see the vet operating room. I call out, "Is anyone there?" No one answers, and I get off the table. I walk to the waiting room to see no one there, so I go outside, and it is beautiful, but the parking lot is completely vacant. Worry pushes it's way to tighten my chest, and I do what I do best, run. I run to my house to see everyone is there, so I walk into a massacre. They are all ripped apart, and I run to Scott, "No, you can't die. I need you, Bubba. I can't lose you."

"Noooo," I sit up screaming and crying. Scott and Stiles run into my room. I look around confused, "It felt so real." "Steph, are you okay," Stiles asks, and I shake my head. I speak softly, "I had a nightmare, and it was so real. I thought I lost all of you. Every last one of you." Scott sits on bed, "Maybe it was the sedative." I nod, "That is possible, but I saw these guys in masks leaving the house as I walked in, but I was more worried about you." Scott turns to Stiles with a look I don't understand. Scott growls, "They messed with my sister." Stiles mumbles, "Oh shit." My stomach growls, and I get up to go to the kitchen, but Scott throws me over my shoulder and takes me to the living room. "They did something to her," Scott says putting me down. I look at him like he's crazy, "I don't know what you're talkin about, so I am going eat some food." "Steph, we need to figure this out," Kira says nicely, and it is irritating. "I don't need to figure anything out. That is the only time I've every seen them. How could have done anything to me," I say and realize that isn't true. I groan, and Scott asks, "Do you remember anything?" "No, but I think the dream was a clue," I say. Liam asks, "What was your dream? Maybe we can help."

I look down and tell them every single detail of my nightmare, and they listen quietly until I finish. Lydia talks first, "That sounds similar to Scott finding you mauled." I gasp, and the memory rips through me.

It was beautiful, so I went for a walk to my secret spot with my music up, but I stop at the edge of the woods. Static and clicking became very loud. I pull out my headphones and look around. Three masked men walked toward me, and I ran but didn't make it to far when I was thrown onto the ground. I heard one of the men say, "Condition inproves." I looked up to see an animalistic man thing coming at me. I scrambled to my feet to only be thrown back down. I cried out one thing before I passed out, "Bubba!"

I feel reality seeping back in, and I am sitting on the couch with Scott holding me. "I know what they did. They sent something to attack me, but they didn't want it to kill me or I would have been dead when you found me." He sniffles, and I ask, "Are you crying?" Malia answers, "Your body acted as though you were being attacked again, and when you cried out for him, out of all people, it sent him into tears." I pull Scott into my arms, "I'm fine now. I'm not dying because you saved me. You saved me, Bubba." He wipes his face and says, "Yea. I just have to think why did they want me to save you with a bite." "So, you have to deal with another beta with anger issues, maybe? Or so, you have someone you love in the fight now," Theo suggests. I look at him, "Why are you still here?" He answers, "Because I still care." I think to myself, "About yourself maybe," but I just turn away from him. Liam sits next to me and puts his arm around me, "We'll figure this out. Go get something to eat, Steph." I nod and go to the kitchen.

Kira walks in as I punch a hole in the wall. "Steph, I am sorry," she says, and I look away from her. I look in the mirrored surface of the window and gasp at what I see. My eyes are gold, fangs are evident, and claws are sharp. I close my eyes and take deep breaths, and a set of arms wrap around my waist. "Just like that, Annie. In... Out... In...," Theo whispers in my ear. I relax and open my eyes to see myself back to normal, and Theo looking at our reflection. "Thanks," I say stepping out of his arms. "Brett called, and there is a chimera running in the woods," Liam says glaring at Theo making me giggle. "Let's go," I say wrapping my arm around Liam walking outside.

The drive was short and silent as Theo sat in the back seat, and Liam sitting in the passenger seat. We get out at the edge of the woods to meet Brett, and I have to admit he is so hot. "Well, who is this beautiful thing," Brett says giving me twirl. I smile really big, "Stephanie, and you aren't so bad yourself." Scott walks up giving Brett a look, "Her name is Stephanie McCall." I glare at my brother, "Brett, you must know my overbearing brother." Brett laughs a little, "Yea, but down to business." He explains what his pack was dealing with and leads us into the woods. It was quiet until a roar sounds, and I am thrown into a tree. I grunt and see the same creature that attacked me. "Hello, princess. Have you missed me," My father says looking me in the eyes with his glowing blue. He grabs my throat and says, "I am going to end your miserable existence." He punches my face, and my anger about everything is unleashed. I lose control. I kick him off me and roar. "I'm gonna kill you," I scream. He chuckles, "I highly doubt that." I lunge at him and send us tumbling, and he says, "You are stronger than I thought." He manages to start to run, but I am faster, and I grab him making him fall back. I throw him onto the ground. He swings out scratching my face, and I retaliate until I am pulled off of my father. "Steph, you almost killed him," Scott says. I stop struggling and really look at my dad on the ground. A voice cuts through the air, "Condition terminal," and an arrow hits his chest. "No, Scott. I killed my dad," I say, "I've never been so angry, Scott. They did something to me. More than getting me attacked." I walk to my car, and Theo is standing there. "You want to go somewhere," Theo asks. I nod, "Sure, but we have to wait for the others." I sat on the hood of my car and watched as the rest of the pack walked out. Liam is carrying a girl and kisses her. I get off my car, and Theo get into the car knowing I am ready to go. I turn the car on and drive away fast. "I didn't tell you something too," Theo says and I pull into a parking spot by the park. I look at him, "What?" He didn't answer. "Theo," I say as he leans in. "I'm sorry. I never told you I'm sorry," he whispers, "I know you started to like Liam." I nod, "Yea. How did you know?" "You looked at him like it broke your heart when he kissed Hayden," Theo answers, "and you drove off pretty fast after that." I put my face in my hands. "I try not to like people because of you," I whisper. "What was that," he says. I cry out, "I try not to like people because of you," and I cover my mouth. Theo looks at me confused but makes the realization, "That is why you were so angry with me. You liked me when we were younger." I look at him with fearful eyes and get out of the car.

Theo grabs my wrist and pulls me into his arms, "I liked you too." I start to say something, but it vanishes as his lips meet mine. I don't feel my anger or my pain. It fades as I melt in his arms and kiss back. We pull away, and he says, "Here we go again."