Chapter Twenty-Eight: Surprise Saturday

I pull into a parking spot for practice, and Bethany is waiting for me as I walk into the locker room. "What do you want," I ask unlocking my locker. She sighs, "I want Trevor back." "How am I supposed to help you with that," I turn toward, "Actually, why would I help you with that?" "I know I haven't been the greatest person toward you, but I need your help," she says, "He won't even talk to me." "How am I supposed to be able to change that," I say as I change. She starts to sniffle, "I actually like him. I don't want him because of his looks or popularity." "Woah. Please, don't cry," I say having her sit down. She actually cries harder, "Please, help me. I want him back." "Well, I can see what I can do," I say hugging her, "I can't make any promises." "Thank you," she sniffles wiping her tears. I give her a reassuring smile, "We both have practice, so I'm going to go." I shut my locker and walk out to the field.

"I have no idea how I'm going to accomplish that," I think to myself as I start stretching. I hear someone singing Blank Space by Taylor Swift, "Screaming, crying, perfect storms, I can make all the tables turn. Rose garden filled with thorns. Keep you second guessing like oh my god who is she. I get drunk on jealousy, but you'll come back each time you leave cause darlin' I'm a nightmare dressed like a day dream." I continue stretching, and Blake says, "Ain't that right, McCall? You're a nightmare dressed like a day dream?" "Maybe you shouldn't stalk me and call me a bitch when I won't let you in my house, you creep," I sass, and the other guys call out, "Burn!" "Atleast I don't have the same anger issue as Dunbar," he says, and I hop to my feet. I say, "Atleast I don't have to over compensate, Blake." "You don't know what I got," he huffs. I smile, "I know because there was no way in hell that you were getting in my pants." The others go crazy as I strut away from a silent Blake. I hear the other guys call him out on some of his lies about getting in my pants. I shake my head and think, "Boys are stupid." "Hey, Steph. Is what he said true," Grayson asks me. I look at him, "About what?" "About having the same anger thing as Liam," he answers. I nod, "Yea, I have intermittent explosive disorder." "You don't seem angry all the time," he says. I sigh, "It is more complicated than just being angry all the time." "Oh, how," he asks genuinely interested to find out. I give him a confused look, "Um.. You really want to know?" He nods, "I want to be a psychologist." "Okay. It is when you get angry that you can't really control it. You randomly blow up sometimes then you feel a sense of relief or calm after," I explain. "Oh," he nods, "That must be difficult sometimes." "Yea," I say, "People tend to react alot like Blake." "I'm sorry," he says, and I shake my head. "It's cool. I'm used to it," I admit and start my sprints.

Blake tries to talk to me as I walk out to my car. I turn on him, "I don't know what makes you think that I want to talk to you. I promise I'll be the one to punch you instead of my brother if you don't leave me alone." "Okay," Blake says and backs off. I look at my windshield, and it says, "Blake's Bitch!" I drop my stuff and pick up Blake taking him to my car. "You want to explain this," I say rubbing his face in it like a dog. He mumbles, "It's a prank." "Clean it off my car. I'm not dealing with your crap," I yell letting him go. I cross my arms and wait until he scrubs it all off, and Crawford calls out, "It looks like you're her bitch." "He isn't my anything," I chuckle as Blake finishes. He runs away from my car when I glare at him. I grab my stuff and throw it in my backseat after I unlock my car and slam the door. I plop into the driver seat and drive home.

I get out and growl at the toilet paper and silly string. "I swear to god," I yell and get back in my car. I just want to be done with today. I pull into Blake's driveway and pound on his door. Blake's mom answers, "How may I help you?" "Your son has stalked me, called me a bitch, made fun of a disorder I have, written on my car, which I made him clean, but he also teepeed my house," I try to speak calmly. She yells inside, "Blake Gregory Mauser, get down here." "What did I do," Blake asks but sees me and runs back upstairs. His mom yells, "Get back down here, young man." "Mom," he whines and slowly comes to the door. Mrs. Mauser speaks sternly, "She told me what you have been doing. You are cleaning her house and apologizing to not only her but her parents for teepeeing their house. You are also grounded." "Mom, I have plans with the guys," he says. She chuckles, "They can help you clean then because I'm pretty sure you didn't do it alone." "Thank you, Mrs. Mauser," I say, "I hope to help with the annual bake sale." "I hope to see you there," she smiles, "I'll make sure Blake cleans up his mess." "Have a nice day," I smile and wave. She waves, "You too."

I drive home, and Scott and mom are looking at the mess. "I already have it covered," I say getting out of my car. Scott asks, "Is it who I think it was?" "Yes, and I told his mom. Mrs. Mauser is making him clean it up and apologize to me and mom," I say walking past them. Mom says, "Why don't you tell me when you are having these kind of issues?" "Because you are working so much that I don't want to add more stress on to your plate," I say. She smiles and laughs, "These are human issues. These are the issues that I'm supposed to help with." "I know, but I knew all I had to do was tell his mom," I say and hug mom. She hugs back and sighs, "My kids are alphas now. I can honestly say that most parents can't say that." I laugh and pull away, "I can say most parents don't know werewolves exist." The door breaks in, "Isn't this a loving family moment?" "Peter," I push my mother behind me. Scott and I howl to our packs. Peter chuckles, "You're inviting friends. Now, we can have a party." "Peter, what are you doing here," I growl. Peter smiles, "Aww Scott, you're little beta sister is adorable." "I'm not adorable," I say growling and show my wolf eyes. Peter looks at me like my behavior is disrespectful. I push my mom back again because she keep trying to get in front of me, and Peter is a nasty little monster. He slowly backs up, "I'll play another day, but we'll see each other soon." I start to charge at him, but Scott stops me, "That is what he wants. We'll get him later." I watch Peter walk away with a smirk plastered on his face. I roar, "You're going to need an army because we aren't the only ones that want you gone."

Hayden and Liam show up first all disheveled, and Liam says, "What happened?" "Well, besides you two having your fun, Peter is back," I say. Scott slaps my arm, "Filter." "It accomplished embarrassing them," I shrug, "It slightly lightened the blow." "That is actually a good thing," he shrugs back. The others come in one after the other, and Scott calls Satomi and Derek. We all wait patiently as everyone piles into our backyard. "What is going on," Satomi asks. "War," I say, "Peter is alive and well in Beacon Hill, and he kicked in my door. I don't know what his intentions are this time, but they never are good. This means war." "Are you sure it was Peter," Derek asks. I growl, "Do you think we would have called you if it wasn't Peter? No, we would not have gathered almost 40 people in our backyard right now." "I get it," Derek says, and Brett comes up to me holds me. Satomi says, "Peter invaded someone's home looking for a fight. Let's give it to him because he'll never quit." Everyone roars in agreement, and Brett pulls me aside. "Stephanie, I broke up with Madison," he said surprising me. I stand there mouth open like an idiot, and he closes my mouth and kisses me. I pull away, "Are you serious?" "Yes," he act like that was a duh. I koala him in excitement, "Yes," then pull myself together and climb down. I try to act cool about it, "That's good. I'm going to go get something to drink." I slowly walk away feeling as awkward as ever. I hear Satomi laughing at us, "You two are a hot mess."