Chapter Thirty-Two: Strong Together

I wake up tangled up with Brett, and a face in mine. "Why are you in my face, Tracy," I ask. Tracy answers, "I was about to wake you. Your brother called Derek, and Braeden, Ethan, Danny, Isaac, and Cora left with him." I nudge Brett awake, "Brett. Bae, you need to get up. Someone is or has been attacked." "I'm up, bae," Brett says sitting up, and I get up from the couch. I rush around waking up my pack, "Wake up. We have to go to my brother's house." They rush out pulling clothes on and looking at me frantic. "I know it's scary, but I'm here for you," I say, "I need you to be strong for me, and I'll be strong for you. Okay?" "I'll be strong," Corey says straightening his stance, and the others follow in their responses. "Love one another like a family," I say before we go, "because that is what a pack is. A family." "Does that make you our mom," Theo asks thinking out loud. I chuckle then say, "Technically, I guess if that is how you see me, but we need to go now." We run and get into Brett's car and Theo's truck then fill the bed of his truck with more chimeras. We drive to Stiles' house.

I take in the scene, and nothing is out of place except for my brother on the porch holding his arm, and his face is bloody. "Stiles," I scream running to him. Stiles looks at me and softly says, "Hey, sis." "Hey, Bubba," I smile through the tears, "You need to go to the hospital." "No, he said he'd kill me in the hospital," Stiles says scared. I ask, "He wants me to bite you, doesn't he?" "Sadly yes. He broke my arm and leg and dislocated my shoulder." Stiles nod and cringes at the pain. I sigh, "I have to set your arm and leg before I do that and put your arm back in its socket." "Here put this in his mouth and have him bite down," Brett says handing me a shirt. I put it in Stiles mouth and instruct, "Bite and try to stay still." I take his arm delicately in my hands and look into his eye as I swiftly set his arm and push his arm back in place. Stiles cries out, and tears escape his eyes. "Sorry," I say, but he shakes his head. I move to his leg and set it, and he yells into the cloth in his mouth. I turn to Tracy, "Tracy. Go inside and get me a wet rag." "Yes, ma'am," she says running inside. I take the shirt out of Stiles' mouth, and he asks, "What's the rag for?" "To clean your face," I say and softly move his hair back off his forehead, "I see you're still your curious self." "Here you go," Tracy says handing me the rag. I dab the blood away lightly, and Stiles still winces in pain then I finish. "Bubba," I whisper then take his less harmed arm, "This is going to hurt." "I know, little sis," Stiles says. I turn to my pack, "Please, turn around." They nod and oblige to my wish. I look into my brother's eyes, "I know this is what you wanted, but this isn't how you wanted it." "I knew you knew," he says. I show my red eyes and fangs pulling his arm to my mouth. I bite, and he gasps and grunts. I release his arm and roar up.

"What happened," Scott asks running up. I turn and answer, "When you left, Peter came and attacked Stiles. He threatened Stiles if he went to the hospital, he would kill Stiles." "Peter sent an army to Satomi's house, and they fled when they heard your roar," Scott says and points, "There is a note under Stiles." I gently lift the now unconscious boy because the pain was too much at once. "Take him to the hospital, and he will die. Bite him, and he shall be spared if he lives through it. Peter," I read it out loud then hand it to Scott, "See. I didn't bite him for no reason." I start to walk away but turn back, "Is Hayden okay?" "Yes, and she fought well by Liam's side," he answers. I nod, "Good." "She has the bond with Liam," he says, "Don't tell them though. Have them figure it out." "Take her into your pack, so she can be with Liam the right way," I say. He shakes his head, "She chooses you as her alpha, and no one else. Your pack has become her family." "I'm glad," I say tearing up, and Brett takes my hand. Nolan says, "You did tell us to love each other like a family." "You're right. I did," I say, "I love you guys like one too." "Stephanie," Hayden runs up and hugs me, and I release Brett's hand to give her a big hug. I say, "Hayden." We pull away, and I smile at her, "I'm proud of your strength to fight." "Thank you," she says, "I did it for you." I say, "Maybe next time, we can fight together."

"You are like our mom," Theo says. I turn to look at him, "I find that kind of funny since most of you are a year or two older than me." "Ahh.. This shit hurts," Stiles says causing me to turn toward him. I watch as his face and limbs heal. A tear escapes down my face, and I murmur, "The bite is saving you." "Yea, it is," Stiles says smiling. I watch him stand up effortlessly, and he runs and picks me up spinning me in a hug. I smile, "You're safe." "I'm not fragile anymore," he says into my hair, "Thanks, sis." "I love you, Bubba," I say pulling out of the hug. Scott says, "Three werewolves in one family, this is going to be fun for our parents." "What are you talking about," I ask looking at him confused. Scott says, "Mom, didn't tell you?" "Tell me what," I say obviously not knowing what he was talking about. Stiles answers, "Mama McCall is going to be Mama Stillinski. They got engaged right before they were attacked by Peter." "What," I squeal, "That is great." "One happy moment in this destruction," Scott says. I look at Brett who was staring at me, observing more like. I smile and say, "I didn't forget about you." I am picked up into Brett's arms, and he rests his forehead on mine, "Good because I want to be apart of the happy moment." "You'll always be my happy moment," I say kissing him.

Someone clears their throat, and I pull away from the kiss, and Satomi is standing there with Brett's little sister. Brett puts me down to hug his sister, and Satomi says seriously, "If they will take you as their alpha, will you take them?" "Satomi, I will, but you raised them," I say. She nods, "I did, but you will be here long after I pass." "Don't talk like that," Brett says. She looks at him, "I have been alive since the nineteen fourties. I am doing this for you. I will still raise you as my own until I meet my end." "I will if they choose to have me," I say standing tall even though I could never imagine Satomi dying. Brett turns to me, "You are willing to take us? Both of us? When she is gone?" "Did you really have a doubt of that, Brett," I ask then say, "I would. I am a compassionate person if truth be told." "I know, but my sister is just now in middle school," he says. I nod, "I know that, and I don't care. I would do anything in my power to make sure Britney was okay, and you too." "Then will you have Stephanie as your alpha," Satomi asks Britney and Brett. Brett says, "Britney, it is your decision because I'm biased." "Stephy, will you be my alpha," Britney asks. I nod, "Of course, sweetheart." She runs and hugs me, and I say, "You'll stay with mommy Satomi, okay?" "Thank you, mommy Steph," Brett say smiling and puts his arm around my shoulders. I look up at him as I carry Britney, "You're always welcome, Brett" "I'm crying," Stiles sniffles, and Scott follows, "I know." I turn my head, "Do you need a hug?" "Yea, but I'll hug Malia," Stiles says as Malia wraps around him. Kira hugs Scott, "I'll hug Scott. You have your moment." I turn back to Brett and Britney, and Brett kisses the top of my head, and I murmur, "I'll be strong for you."