Chapter Thirty-Four: I Have To... Uhh

I wake up to sunlight in my face, and Brett groans, "Don't we have school?" "Oh no," I rip myself from the bed, and Satomi opens the door, "Calm down. I called the schools, so none of you have school." "Thank you," I sigh, but she frowns. She says, "Your brothers called, and Bethany was laid on your porch along with three other girls." "Are they alive," I ask as she sighs. Her expression darkens, "The only one not comatosed is Bethany." I run past her and out of the house as fast as I can. Flashing lights and sirens sound behind me, and I turn on my heels to be hit by Parrish. I grunt as I meet the asphalt head first, and the driver hops out of the car, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." "You hit me with a car," I groan, "and you try to apologize. What is wrong with you?" "Stephanie, I didn't mean to," the man says. I try to scoot away, "How do you know my name? I don't know who you are." "I work with your dad," the man say. I yell, "You can't work with my dad. My dad is dead. He died when he was hit by a drunk driver." "What," the man says confused, "Stephanie, Sheriff Stillinski wasn't hit by a drunk driver." "Sheriff Stillinski is Stiles' dad," I say, "Why would you think he was my dad?" The man looks as though something comes into focus, "You don't remember anything." "Remember what," I say trying to get up, but something is broken, so I cry and whimper. He pulls out his phone and calls someone, "Scott, I accidentally hit your sister with my car." "Why would you do that, Parrish," I hear Scott through the phone as if he were standing right next to me. Parrish says, "It was an accident, but she doesn't remember anything."

Scott pulls up on his bike and says, "Steph, what do you remember last?" "Being hit by his car and hitting the pavement," I say, "I'm so confused, Scott." "What do you remember before you were got hit," he asks, and I shake my head. I growl in frustration and jump out of shock, "Did that come from me?" "Yes, but you need to answer the question, sis," Scott says looking at me concerned. I shake my head, "It is blurry. The last thing I remember clearly is being in the hospital." "Oh my. That was almost six months ago," he says. I sit up and cry out, "Ah. I think it's broken." My brother takes my leg into his hands and pushes the bone into place causing me to roar, and the pain fades. I look at him, "Why am I able to make these noises?" "We'll talk about that later," he says and picks me up, and I am put into Parrish's car. I ask, "Am I going to the hospital?" "No, you are going to the vet," Scott says. I look at him offended, "I am not an animal." "Technically, but we aren't going to talk about it right now," he says closing the door. I cross my arms, and Parrish drives behind Scott all the way to the vet.

Scott's boss smiles at me, "What brings you here? Is the other microchip bothering you?" "What? I have a microchip," I ask looking at Scott. Scott avoids eye contact, and Parrish explains what happened to Dr. Deaton. "Everything is blurry from when was attacked to the point she was hit by the car," Scott says. Deaton explains, "She could have hit her head, and it caused this. It is most likely temporary and come back in all at once or in pieces. Some of the memories may not come back at all." "So, is there anything that I need to know? Like do I have a boyfriend or anything like that," I ask. Scott says, "Brett is your boyfriend, and we found out that you are related to Stiles by blood." "Wait. Are you saying the guy who hit me with the car was right? Stillinski is my dad," I say, "And Brett? Who is Brett?" "I'm Brett," a very handsome boy says. I stare at him dumbfounded then laugh, "How could you possibly be dating me?" "She really did hit her head hard," Brett says to Scott. Scott nods, "Yep." "She has to miss school," Brett says, "There is no way that she can go right now." "I am right here," I growl, "Stop talking about me like I'm not." "I see you still are the person I love," Brett says to me. I look at him mouth open and silent, and Scott says, "You probably shouldn't drop the 'L' word when she doesn't know what is going on." "Well, I do love her. She is my mate," Brett says, and Scott slaps his arm. My brother says, "Dude." "What?! Mate?! What," I squeak starting to hyperventilate. My vision starts to blur, "I... I.... I-" I drop and darkness greets me.