Chapter Five: More Complications

I shake my head at Theo, "I can't. I can't do this right now." I take myself out of his arms and turn away from. "What," he questions. I answer, "I need to think. I can't just jump into someone's arms and give them my heart." "Okay whatever you need," he says sounding defeated, "Can you take me home?" I nod and get into the car. We drive in awkward silence as we head to his house. Pulling into his driveway, he says, "Thank you, and I hope you think about it." I nod, "Of course. Good night, Theo." He mumbles a good night and goes inside. I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding. My bed is what I need right now.

Stopping into my driveway, Scott is standing there with a look that makes me groan. I turn my car off and walk to the door with him following me to the living room. As soon as I sit, he asks, "Why did you leave as soon as we came out of the woods?" I don't answer him, and he continues, "Steph, I tell if you lie even half way, so please answer wisely." I whisper, "I saw something that made me upset, so I left as fast I could to escape it." "What made you upset," he sits next to me. I look him in the eyes, "I don't want to talk about." "Steph, you know you can tell me anything," he pushes. A tear escapes down my face, "I saw you guys come out, and Liam was carrying Hayden. That didn't upset me though. Him kissing her did." He shakes his head, "Of course. I should have known and prevented it. I should have protec-" I interrupt him, "You can't protect me from everything. I have to start fighting my own battles instead of running." "Is that what you did with your dad, Steph," Scott asks. I shake my head, "He was going to kill me, Scott. I was protecting myself and everyone else. If he killed me, nothing would have stopped him from killing you or Stiles or Malia or any of you." He scolds, "Steph, we don't kill the people we are trying to save." I scoff, "Maybe I should have let him kill me because it would have saved me from myself. Wouldn't it have, Scott," and I walk out of the house to get fresh air.

"You don't make it easy for him, do you," mom says coming out of the house. Her voice triggers it, and I fall to my knees and growl, "Mom, run." "Steph, you don't tell your mother what to do," she says, and I turn toward her. "I said run," I roar. She screams for Scott as she sprints into the house, and I take off away from the house. "No casualties," I think to myself. I don't know where I'm going I just follow my instinct, and the water purification center is where I stop. "Why would I come here," I ask myself. I haven't been here in years.

Malia speaks soothingly as she approaches, "Stephanie, you are in control. You can calm yourself, Steph." I turn around and growl without meaning to, "I don't want to hurt anyone anymore." She takes a step forward trying to mask the sound behind me. I swiftly turn catching Brett's hand and throw him away from me. "Why don't you guys understand? I will hurt you. That I am not in control," I growl, "They did something to me." I start to run but someone tackles me. I throw the person off and see it is Liam. I roar, "Leave me alone." "I can't," he roars back. I launch myself at him, and he catches me as we fall. I rip myself out of his arms. I growl at him as he stalks around me like a predator. He lunges, but I block his punch and grab his arm to throw him. He drops sweeping my feet from under me, and I just throw him to the ground with me. He growls at me and tries to pin me to the ground, so I headbutt him and push him off me. I get up to see Scott standing there, "Steph, don't make me fight you." "I'm not in control," I growl at him, my own brother, and he growls back, "I know, but you are strong enough to fight it." Liam grabs me and throws me into a wall. I roar and superman punch him in the face causing him to go limp. That pulls me out of my rage. "I hurt him. I didn't want to hurt anyone," I weep, "Why wouldn't you guys leave me be?" "Because I won't push you away again, and I won't give up on you, Steph," Scott speaks up. I look at Liam sadly and throw him over my shoulder. He is needs to sleep this off, so I say "Well, let's take him home, so he can recover." I carry him to Stiles' Jeep and lay him in the back seat. Stiles asks, "Did you knock him out?" I nod looking down, "Yea. I feel like ass." "Not alot of people could do that. You must be stronger than you seem. I think it's the anger because he is really strong from his," he says. "Just take him home," I say exhausted. Stiles smiles, "Yes, Miss Bossy-pants." I chuckle a little, "Damn it, Bubba." "I knew I could make you smile. Now, go and get sleep it has been a really long day," he says starting his Jeep as Malia get in and driving away.

Scott drives me home, and I go straight to my room. I change into some running shorts and a sports bra, and someone knocks on my door. "Come in," I say, and Lydia comes in. She looks as though she's seen a ghost, and I say, "Lydia, are you okay?" She looks at me and screams causing me to cover my ears. Scott runs in my room to see me cringing in the corner covering my ears, and Lydia on the ground looking very confused as to why she was there. I ask, "Why the hell did you scream when I asked if you were okay?" "I'm a banshee, and someone is going to die."

I throw a tee shirt on, and Scott and I go to Liam's house. We rush to his room to see him sleeping just fine. I sigh in relief, "I didn't kill him." "Then who is dying," Lydia asks. "I have no idea," I say, and she turns around and starts to walk out. Scott and I follow her as she blindly goes where she is drawn. "Where is she taking us," I ask. Scott answers, "I believe to the body." "I guess we let her take us and be framed as murderers," I sass. "We'll just look at it," Scott sasses back. "How can we do that without looking like a murderer," I ask. Lydia answers, "There isn't a way to do that." "So, why do we do it," I question even further, and Scott says, "To get closer to saving people." "While looking like murderers," I say, "We should call Stiles' dad." "I texted him while you were babbling about being murderers," Lydia says, "Now you look torn up by this discovery but not too torn up or he will put you in Eichen House to be tested." I laugh, "I've already been a patient while Stiles was there." Sherriff Stillinski drives up, and I turn on my acting skills and whisper, "Does he know I've changed?" "No, we haven't told him yet," Scott whispers back as though he is trying to comfort me. I look up at Stillinski and hug him crying, "I don't understand how someone can kill another person." He hugs me back, "It will be okay, Steph. I will find the man that did this." "It makes me so angry to think that someone can kill without a thought of remorse," I cry. Stillinski pulls away, "I know, sweetie. You care alot more than most people would. I think you get that from your mother." I nod, "Will you find the killer?" "I will do everything in my power," he says, "But stay inside tomorrow night because I have a feeling all the bad people aren't finished." "Yes, sir," I sniffle. He pulls Scott away, "She healed miraculously. You want to explain?" "He had no choice," I say wiping my tears still sniffling a little. Stillinski looks at me, "What?" "I was dying, and nothing else could save me. A chimera, my father, attacked me because someone wanted me this way. They wanted to create another monster," I say starting to cry all over again. He takes a step closer to me, "Steph, you are not a monster. You may have alot of demons to fight, who doesn't, but you are not a monster." I look at him, "They made me one. I can't control my anger." He says, "That happens with IED, sweetie." "No, this is different. They did something to her when she passed out from her attack," Scott speaks for me. Stillinski looks at me, "I think we need to find you somewhere you can release some of that tomorrow." "What's tomorrow," I ask. Scott looks at me and says, "Full moon. Super moon to be exact." "What the hell is a super moon," I whine. Scott explains that it is a full moon that is at its closest to earth. "Why did it have to be a super moon for my first full moon? Scott, you bit me to save my life and at the best time to send me into a frenzy."