Chapter Seven: Figuring It Out

I wake up groggy as light shines on my face. "Good morning, Stephanie. I am Dr. Deaton," I turn to see Scott's boss and look at him comfused. He asks, "Do you know who messed with your head exactly?" I shake my head, "I don't, but Scott says it's the guys with the masks, the Dread Doctors. Whatever a dread doctor is." "My dear, we need to know exactly what they did, so we can help you be able to go back to having some control. Would you like that," Dr. Deaton says. My eyes start to water, "More than anything." He smiles, "Your mother has you scheduled for multiple brain scans, so let me drive you to the hospital."

Mom meets us at the back entrance of the hospital, "Hi, honey. Follow me." As I follow her, she hands me a full hospital gown, and I look at her funny. "I need you to go change for the tests," she says smiling reassuringly. I take it to the restroom and come back with my clothes in hand, so she grabs them "Good. Go into that room and wait for me." "Okay," I say and go into the testing room. My mother comes in with a ponytail holder without the metal piece, "Messy bun time." I laugh a little as I put my hair up then say, "I love you. I know I don't say it alot, and I hope I can get back the little control I had, so I don't have to go away." She hugs me, "I love you too, honey. Lay on the table and stay as still as you possibly can." I do as I am told, and she does her thing. After I am pulled out of the machine, she puts me in multiple others. "Am I done now," I ask getting tired of the beeping of the machines and laying still. She nods and hands me my clothes. I change, and Scott is there with one of my bags when I come back. "What are you doing with my bag," I ask, and mom looks at me. "Honey, I think you should stay with Derek at his loft until we get you back in control," she says. I am taken by surprise, "When we're you gonna tell me this was the plan?" "Right now," she says. I nod, "Well, that is good. I won't be able to hurt you if I lose myself," and look at Scott, "Let's go then."

I look out the window the entire car ride, and Stiles stops his Jeep in front of a building. "Here we are," Scott says grabbing my bag for me, and I walk up to the building that will be my dwelling until I get some control. Stiles walks in and turns to me, "You coming?" I nod and follow his lead. Derek opens the door to his loft, "Come in. I'll show you your room." I take my bag from Scott, "Does this mean I'm not going to school either?" "Yes," Scott says, "Mom enrolled you for online school." My eyes start to water, "Good." I turn to follow Derek and see a room with a queen bed and a dresser. "Thank you, Derek," I say softly as I put my bag on the bed. He says, "Thank you for not attacking us yesterday." "Just because I am angry doesn't mean I want to hurt people. Before you got there I was going to run somewhere away from people," I say looking at him. He nods, "I know, Stephanie. You want to save the people you love. You are like your brother." I smile, "Yea, but with mental issues." "You can't help that, and everyone has issues," he says, "Let's go properly introduce you to the other people living here."

I go into the main room, and the tranq lady is there. "This is Braeden, Stephanie," Derek says as Braeden looks at me. She waves, "Hey. It is better to meet like this." "Yea, I didn't really like being shot with tranquilizer darts," I chuckle. She nods, "Understandable." Derek says, "Let's go meet the others." He pulls me to a room like mine but guy stuff thrown around, "Ethan and Danny, are you in here?" "Yea. You don't have to yell," said a guy with his hair gelled up and a hispanic one with his arms around the first one. "This is Stephanie," Derek says. The hispanic one says, "I'm Danny, and this is Ethan." "It's nice to meet you," I say smiling and shaking their hands. Ethan says, "Isaac is out, but he should be back shortly." "That's okay. I'll meet him later," I say, "I'm tired, so I'll take a nap, and maybe he'll be here when I get up.

I go to my room and shut the door. The tears start to pour as I sit on my new bed. I try to stay quiet as I let myself cry. I wipe my eyes as I finish. I grab clothes from my bag and change into my leggings and sports bra. I move my bag onto the dresser, so I can lay on my bed because I am actually tired. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I fall asleep.

I wake up to someone knocking on my door, so I get up rubbing my eyes to answer the door. "What do you want," I ask and see the other guy from last night. He says, "I'm Isaac, and Derek wanted to know if you wanted pizza." "Sure," I say walking behind him to the dining area. Derek looks at me, "I see someone is up from their three hour nap. Are you hungry?" I nod and sit in an empty chair. Danny hands me a plate with two slices of meat lovers pizza. "Thanks," I say smiling at him. He smiles back, "You're welcome." "May I have something to drink," I ask. Isaac gets up, "What would you like?" "Water, please," I say, and he comes back with a water bottle. I thank him, and Braeden speaks up, "You are so different from last night." I stare at my food, "Yea." "I'm sorry this is happening," she says. I look at her, "You don't have a reason to apologize to me." She nods, "I know, but I wish you didn't have to worry about this." "Can we not talk about it," I say calmly. Derek says, "That sounds like an excellent idea." "I just don't know what will trigger it, and as I said last night I don't want to hurt you," I say. Ethan looks at me, "We'll figure this out, Stephanie." "I know, but I hope we figure out soon," I say softly. I take my food and water to my room and finish it there. "I hope I can be fixed," I say.