Chapter Twenty: New Beginning

I pull up with my girls, and Stiles pulls up the guys. I get out of the car, and they follow me like I am going to go and kill him. I burst into the library, and Isaac is sitting there waiting. He looks at me with guilty eyes, so I ask, "Why does Stiles want to hurt you?" "Stephanie, I need to tell you something," he says getting up but sits back down when I glare at him. I put my hand on my hip, "I believe everyone knows that I don't want to deal with this right now. Tell me what I want to know, Isaac." "I-I am seeing...," he says. I growl, "Just say it." "Cora, I'm seeing Cora," he says. I look at him, "Derek's sister." He nods, and I say as a single tear falls, "Thank you for your honesty." "Stephanie," he says, but I put my hand up signaling him to stop talking. I speak softly, "Don't say another word. We didn't even break up, and you started going out with her, but it is definitely over." "Don't be mad at her," he pleads. I whisper, "I promise I'm not mad at her. I can't say the same for you." I turn and walk out, but my mind decides something else. I turn on my heels and march up to him, and give him a right hook. "Now, I can leave," I say and walk out.

Scott has his hand out, and I drop my keys into it as I say, "Driving would be disastrous." I use the little control I have and sit completely still the entire ride home as the home movie replays in my head. Every moment racing through my mind. I stay in the car even as everyone gets out. Scott and Stiles sit on the porch, and I feel their eyes as I fall apart. I hear all the promises and comforting words. I finally break down and drown in my tears. I cry out, "It's all my fault." Stiles tries to get up, but Scott whispers, "She has to let it out." "He told me I couldn't push him away," I whisper, "I did as I let myself shatter." I look at my brothers, "I did this." Scott shakes his head, "No, you didn't. It is his fault. He went and started going out with Cora. Not you." I open the car door and cry out, "Why do I have to be so dumb? I liked Theo when I was in second grade, and he moved, came back then turned me into a monster. I liked Liam in middle school, but he never liked me because he always liked Hayden even when she hated him. I liked Colby, but he dumped me for Samantha freshman year because she was a cheerleader. I liked Isaac, and he went and started dating someone else. I am so stupid." "You are not stupid. You are a normal teenage girl," Stiles says. I giggle sadly, "No, I am a stupid teenage girl. I know I shouldn't have liked them, but I did anyway. I was a drunken mistake to begin with, so it makes sense." "Stephanie, stop it," my brothers yell in unison. I shut up and look up at them, and the others are on the porch. I see Liam and Hayden, "I'm so stupid," and I get up and walk away from the house with my head down. "Stephanie, where are you going," Scott says. I don't even answer because I don't even know where I'm going.

Someone throws me over there shoulder, but I don't struggle. They set me on my couch, and I don't attempt to look at them, but they make me. "Stephanie," Hayden says, "What is going on in that head of yours?" "Everything. All at once," I mumble, "All of the memories playing so vividly yet so fast." "It's her A.D.D. making her hyperfocus on all her broken hearts," mom says and kneels in front of me, "Honey, I need you to think of your warm up song then sing it with all your heart." I shake my head, but she says, "Please, I miss hearing you sing around the house." I close my eyes and try to remember the words. It takes twenty minutes, but the words start to come into focus. "Sometimes it all gets a little too much, but you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up, and you don't have to be afraid because we're all the same. And we know sometimes it all gets a little too much, yea," I sing out, "She would always tell herself that she could do this. She would use no help it would be just fine, but when it got hard, she would lose her focus, so take my hand it'll be alright." I sing it with all my heart. I open my eyes, and my mom smiles at me, "You are amazing, Steph." "Thanks, mom" I say. Stiles asks, "When did you start singing like that?" "Alway," Scott says, "We would put on little concerts in this living room when we were little." I laugh, "I'm not that good, but thank you," then turn to Hayden, "I'm sorry. I want you to know that I am so happy for you and Liam." "Thanks," she says as Liam puts his arm around her waist. I nod, and Corey say, "You're not stupid. The guys are. No offense to you, Liam." I laugh a little, "Liam is actually the smart one." "Yes," Liam cheers, "I'm the smart one." "You are so easily excited," Stiles says making everyone laugh a little.

I get up, and go into the kitchen. "What are you doing," I ask Donovan. He looks up, "Cleaning up a broken glass." "How did that happen," I say. He looks away from me, "I wasn't careful with the magical mouths." "Atleast you're cleaning it up," I sigh laughing a little. I hear my brother in the other room, "What are you doing here?" "Making sure Stephanie is okay," Derek says. I walk back to the living room, and he says, "Nice punch. You broke his cheek bone. Did it make you feel better?" "Well, yea then I had a break down," I answer honestly. He nods, "They left, so you don't have to worry about running into them." "That's a relief," I say, "Are you leaving with them?" "No, Braeden, Danny, Ethan, and I are going to stay a while," he says and turns to Scott, "By the way, don't piss her off if you can help it." "Why do you always tell me that," Scott asks. Derek chuckles, "Two reasons. One, it is excellent advice, and two, your reaction is hilarious. The pouty face makes me laugh every time." "Nice seeing you," I say and go back into the kitchen. He says, "I also wanted to say that I got you a full ride scholarship to Devenford Prep." "Why and how did you do that," I say walking back to the living room. He says, "You kept complaining about online school, and you know that you can't just go back to Beacon Hill High." "Yea, but why and how," I say confused. He smiles, "I owed Scott for getting rid of Peter, so I am getting into a great school, and I may have gotten Ms. Layton to give them recordings of some of your solos. Instrumental and vocal solos." "Aren't there uniforms," I say. He says, "A small sacrifice." "Do they know I was in Eichen House," I ask. He shakes his head, "Your stays wouldn't be recorded." "What do you mean stays? Are you saying both times I was there doesn't exist on file," I say. He nods, "Exactly because they counted you as supernatural both times." "Why did they count it as supernatural both times," I ask. He sighs, "You ask so may questions. Scott is your brother then you became a werewolf. You start school on Monday." "Are you kidding me," I scream at him, and he burst into laughter. He says, "I am very serious. They'll give you your uniform on your first day." "What am I supposed on my first day," I say crossing my arms. He shrugs, "Ask someone that actually goes or went there." He walks out, and I growl in frustration.

"I don't know who goes there," I say. "I went there," Liam says, "and Brett goes there." "Fantastic," I sigh putting my face in my hands. I ask, "What do I wear?" "Something nice like a dress or something," he suggests. I groan, "Okay." "Remember that this is a brand new start, Steph," Scott says. I look at him, "I know, and I am thankful. I just wish I had some time. I literally got out of Eichen House last night, and School starts in two days. "Understandable," Stiles says, "But atleast you get to go back to school." "Valid point," I say looking at my pack, "I'm sorry, guys." "Don't be," Corey says, "It is nice to not have to deal with school and being a resurrected chimera." "That's a bonus," I say, "Good job looking at the bright side." "It is late, so you guys should get some sleep," mom says. I yawn, "Yea, it has been a long day."