Step Two: Get The Dresses/Suits

Thursday: 51 Days Until The Wedding

Today I was going dress shopping with my mom, and the twins. Yesterday, Seth, Dean, and Daniel went to get their suits ready.

I was so glad that they, my parents and the twins had flown out to stay in Iowa for the week. It was nice to have them around while we were planning.

Now back to the suits. We already had in mind what we wanted his and the groomsmen's outfits to look like, so they told them that and they were able to find perfect ones. They handed him the measurements of everyone and the order was put in right away. They should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Let's hope mine and the bridesmaid/men dresses and suits will be in that fast too.

"So what do you have planned tomorrow," my mom asks me as we all get out of the car and start walking towards the wedding boutique.

"I have to go with the guys to pick out their attire. I want it to be the same color scheme, but still different than Seth's groomsmen."

"Oh so they aren't going with the dress idea," Brie asks.

I open the door and head inside, smiling. "Dolph was all for it, but the other two shot him down."

Nikki laughs as she slides her shades on top of her head. "That man has some serious problems."

A lady comes up behind the receptionist's desk with a smile. "Hi, how can I help you ladies today?"

"I have an appointment for Asher McMahon-Helmsley."

She types in some stuff on her computer and then nods her head. "Yes, you do. If you can hold on for a moment, I'm going to go get an associate to help you." I nod and she makes her way into a room that says 'Employees Only'.

A minute later the associate comes over to us. "Hello. Which one of you is Ms. McMahon-Helmsley?"

I wave my hand. "That's me, but you can call me Asher." She smiles, and shakes my hand. I point at my mom, "This is my mother." I point at the twins as I say they're name. "Brie, Matron of Honor, and Nikki, Bridesmaid."

She shakes all of their hands. "It's nice to meet you all. My name is Janice and I'll be helping you with your wedding and bridesmaids dress selection today."

I clap my hands together. "Awesome. Let's do it."

She leads us to a room filled with wedding dresses first.

"You know what you need Asher," my mom says, turning to me. "Something big." She walks away and starts looking through the dresses.

"Typical mom," I say, turning to the twins to see that they've wandered off on their own too.

I sigh. "This is going to turn into one of those wedding dress shows before we leave, I know it."

Janice laughs. "Well, they're just trying to find the perfect dress for you." She looks down at her clipboard. "It says that your wedding colors are royal blue and gold. Are you looking to incorporate those into your dress?"

I shrug. "It doesn't really matter. If there's a blue sash, that'd be nice. But I've already got my heels, and I want to make sure they show."

She nods. "Understandable. I think I know exactly what you're looking for. What about the bridesmaids dresses?"

"Something blue, short, and simple."

She jots something down, and then looks back up at me. "I'm going to go and see if I can find something similar to what you're looking for. In the mean time." She gestures to a door to the right. "Whenever you're finally ready to try on dresses, this room is available."