Step Five: Bachelorette Party

Friday: 36 Days Until The Wedding

"Not being able to spend your birthday with you is not what I had in mind," Seth says on the other end of the phone.

I pick at the frayed edge of my jean shorts. "Yeah, but this is only a 2-day thing apparently. I'll see you Saturday." I was in a van with the Bellas, Charlotte, Eden, and Kim, heading to places unknown for my bachelorette party.

Knowing the Twins, who were in charge of planning, I had expected it to be something with alcohol and male strippers. But when they called me and told me to pack lightly for a 2-day trip, I was a little surprised. "Just make sure not to have too much fun at your bachelor party while I'm away."

He scoffs. "Yeah, you think saying that is going to make this party any less wild? Dean is in charge."

I chuckle and glance up at the girls who motion for me to hurry off the phone. "Think positive. I love you, and I'll call you whenever I get settled in to wherever it is they're taking me."

"Alright, love you too." I hang up and look up at everybody.

"We're almost there," Nikki says with a wide smile.

"Where exactly is there again," I ask, hoping I can get a little insight to where we'll be for the next two days.

"You'll see in a few minutes," Eden says with a wide smile.

Sure enough, after a few more moments of me waiting in suspense, we arrive in the front of a one-story cabin.

I file out of the van, looking at them with raised eyebrows. "Is this what I think it is?"

All of the girls smile and Brie throws her arms out to the side. "We're going camping!"

"How'd you guys know," I ask.

"Randy told me how you have always wanted to go camping," Kim says as she looks around. "So here we are."

"Are you excited?" Charlotte asks.

"Am I?" I share a look with each of them. "Let's break out the s'mores!"

-----------------------

After an afternoon of hiking and looking around at the scenery, we gathered around the campfire, s'mores in hand, and the sky lit up with beautiful stars all around us.

"I just want to say," I flip my stick over so the fire can warm the other side of my graham cracker. "Thank you to all of you." I look up at them with a small smile. "I love you guys."

"Aww," they say simultaneously.

"We love you too Ash," Brie tells me. "That's why we did all this."

"What's that Cody and the guys always do," Eden asks, with a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

"Oh," Nikki says. "You mean the . . ."

"Group hug," they all yell, and shuffle around me, wrapping me in a hug, and making sure they don't accidentally burn one another with their skewers.

No male strippers.

No alcohol.

Just friends hanging out under the night sky and stuffing our face with s'mores.

Now this is a perfect way to spend a bachelorette party.