Chapter 11

Monday: 26 Days Until The Wedding

I toss Seth a Glamour Kills shirt that he folds up and stuffs in his duffle, then go back to packing my own for RAW tonight.

I notice Seth stop every so often to glance at me, as if he's scared that I might explode. There's a part of me that believes my dad told him to keep an eye on me after almost choking to death on half a meatball. The other half believes he's just as paranoid as my father.

Seth clears his throat to break the silence that has formed. "How are you feeling, Ash?"

"I'm fine." I close the flap on my duffle and zip it up, glancing at him. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugs as he zips up his duffle. "I don't know." He sits down on the hotel bed with his back to me. "You just seem a little off to me."

Only a little?

"Is it the wedding," he continues.

Not so much is it the wedding, as it is the worry of if there'll even be a wedding. My conscious, which had seemingly disappeared over the past few months, appears to have returned and wants me to confess what I've done to Seth ahead of the festivities.

If I do that, the chances of us tying the knot seem less likely. But if I do, our trust wouldn't be completely broken.

I make my way over to him and stand between his legs, placing my arms around his neck. "You don't have to worry about me all the time, you know?"

He gives me a sheepish grin and rests his hands on my waist. "Now what kind of a future husband would I be if I didn't worry obsessively?"

"The non-clingy kind that most future wives look for." He laughs lightly. "All I'm saying is, let me worry about me. The wedding might have a part in my anxiousness, but it'll be here before we know it."

He massages his thumbs into my sides. "26 days, to be exact. 26 days until you're Mrs. Asher Brooke McMahon-Helmsley Rollins."

I groan loudly at the mouthful he's just spouted and back away from him, going back to my duffle bag. "We've got to figure out what we're going to do about the names, because there is no way I'm walking away from our wedding with that many of them. I'd be like a movie with too long of a tag line."

Seth falls back onto the bed with a deep chuckle, looking at me upside-down. "The way you use similes turns me on."

I smile lightly. "You're such a nerd." Replicating the well-known upside-down kissing scene between Spider-Man and Mary Jane, I lean over my duffle and kiss him slowly.

I break the kiss and rub the tip of my nose across his.

"We're like Eskimos," he says when I back away, referring to the Eskimo kiss we've just shared. "See? I can use similes too."

I push my duffle to the side and fall down onto the bed beside him, rolling onto my back to stare at the ceiling. "Your rebuttals are music to my ears."

I feel him take my hand in his and gently squeeze it. "Nice metaphor."

- - - - -

RAW

I plop down into a seat at catering across from Nikki and Dean, who are in the middle of a conversation, Nikki laughing at something that Dean has said. "Hey guys."

They turn their attention to me. Dean with a smirk. "Sup Helmsley. How's the," he motions to his throat. "Seth told us about what happened on Sunday."