Chapter 25

Thursday: 2 Days Until The Wedding

WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA - Four Seasons Hotel

"Sun's out, guns out," Dolph tells us as he rolls his suitcase through the hotel lobby, Seth and I following behind. "I'm hitting the pool right after I put up my suitcase."

Our flight to California left early this morning, and when we landed it took two charter buses to get us to the hotel, which was now swarming with WWE personnel. Some people who weren't at the city with us, like Shawn, my parents and grandparents, had yet to arrive, but when they did it would feel like a family reunion, plus a whole lot of extended family.

"That sounds like fun. I think I'll join you. Seth?" I glance at him.

"Yeah, sounds fun." He points off to the right. "I'm gonna go grab our key card." When he heads to the check-in desk that's surrounded by a hoard of people, Dolph turns to face me. He gives me the look he always gives when he's aware of something I'm trying to hide.

He crosses his arms over his chest, narrowing his eyes. "Alright, I've noticed you and Cody have been giving each other the silent treatment. I think I'm owed an explanation."

I swear I can't blink without him knowing of it. "Two days until my wedding and I can't get one minute of peace. Can't this wait until after we leave Cali?"

"Nope," Randy appears, popping his head in between us. He straightens up, flicking the hotel key card in his hand. "Dolph and I want answers now."

I knew they wouldn't relent until I gave them something to run with, so I decide to give them the partial truth. "He's upset with me for some reason."

"What kind of reason," Dolph prompts.

"I don't know," I lie with a shrug. "He's around here somewhere, so why don't you guys ask him?"

"Because we're asking you," Randy responds, smirking. "And something tells us you know more than you're letting on."

"Doesn't she always," adds Dolph with a coy smile.

They were good. Before I can come up with another lie, I hear "Auntie Ash" being yelled. and I'd know that voice anywhere. I smile and turn to see Alanna break away from Kim to run towards me. She leaps up and I scoop her into a hug, to which she squeezes my neck tightly.

"How's my favorite flower girl?" I ask when she pulls back to look at me.

"Good. Daddy bought me a new dress, and the flowers you picked out are really pretty."

"Only the best for you, Alanna." I poke her nose and she giggles. "I'm so happy you made it. Are you excited?"

She nods quickly, showing her bright smile. "Very. Daddy says to be excited about the buffet tonight, too, because nothing is better than free food."

I look over at Randy and he sends me a smile. "I only teach my daughter the truth."

"I guess you do have a point." I hug Alanna once more. "I'll see you later tonight, sweetheart." I place her back down on the floor and she immediately grabs Dolph's hand.

"Come on, Uncle Dolph, you're rooming in our suite."

"You are," I question. I thought he would've been rooming with Dana. Even though their first two attempts at a first date had failed, she still agreed to accompany him to the wedding, both of them deciding that this would do for their first date.