Chapter 3

"Why are you so concerned? At least, you're not the father." Jesse reasons.

"Well, I, uh...I'm just really concerned for Rachel. She's like, my friend and I care about my friends, you know?" Finn half lies.

Finn is speechless. He does not have any words for his emotions. Finn tries to think of good things that can come out of this, but he really can't.

R A C H E L 'S P . O . V .

The New Directions all hug each other after they just finished a great song. They are all thinking of songs that might work for sectionals, but all I can think about is my baby. Lately, I cannot concentrate on anything. Neither can Finn either, he keeps watching me and if I messed up a move on the dance, he would come over to me and ask if I was okay. Weird.

"You okay? You look more out of breath than ever before? Anything different about you...?" Finn asks with suspicion.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Hmm? Different? Nope, I just haven't got a lot of sleep recently." I reply with a straight face. Luckily, I'm an amazing actor so I can pull off just about anything.

"Dwarf Berry, come on we're doing the song again!" Santana yells at me and Finn.

I groan and walk over to my spot. You know, it's exhausting to sing lead all the time. Usually, I am all up for the challenge, but not today.

"Hey, Tina? You and Mike Chang wanna sing this one for today? I really feel sick and I need to go to the nurse." I half smile at Tina and my eyes beg for her to say yes.

Without hesitation, she says yes and Quinn and Santana eye me down while I walk away. I think they suspect something, play it cool.

"Rachel, you seem really out of it. You mind sharing what's wrong?" Quinn says. She just has to poke my buttons, doesn't she?

"Why don't you stay out of my business and poke someone else's buttons?" I yell right back at her, fuming.

"Wanky." Santana whispers to herself with a smirk.

"Rachel, I'll walk you down to the nurse." Finn suggests.

I nod at him and exit the auditorium. We continue to walk to the nurse's office when Finn suddenly pulls me into the janitor closet with him. I yelp when he pulls me, but not loud enough for anyone to hear.

"What's the big idea, Finn?" I scolded.

"Listen, Jesse told me. You don't need to hide the truth from me." He confessed.

I gasp and put a mental note to slap Jesse later today.

"Finn, I'm so sorry this had to happen. I don't know what happened! I just, I just don't know what to do." I cry.

The waterworks start coming and Finn holds my face in his hands.

"Rachel, we can take care of this baby. We can and will do this together. I love you." Finn reassures me.

I am so putty in his hands.

"I love you too, but Jesse is the one who I chose. I'm sorry Finn, but Jesse is responsible and-"

He interrupts me and kisses me. His lips are so soft, just like I remember them. One kiss could change my whole life. But who do I choose, Finn or Jesse?