Chapter 5

Breathe in, breathe out. You can do this, Rachel Berry. You can do anything! I'm sure Barbara Streisand had doubts about herself too, but look at her now. You can do this.
       "Jesse, may I speak to you, alone?" I quietly ask Jesse.

       "No, Rachel. Are you gonna tell me that I'm not the father of your baby? I already had some nice people tell me! You know what? I didn't even want to take care of you or your needy baby! It'll probably come out, just like you! Mean, self-centered, and a bit-" Jesse starts.

       "Hey! What were you saying to Rachel?" Finn yells across the room.

       "Oh, I was just, well I was-"

        "Get out! Get out! You're out of the New Directions and I don't ever want to see you near Rachel again!" Finn screams into Jesse's face.

         Jesse scurries out of the room with his bag in one hand and makes a fist with the other.  I look up at Finn and my eyes begin to water. He takes my hand and leads me out of the room. As I exit, I hear Santana say something along the lines of, "What just happened?"

"SO FINN, what do you say?" I question.

     "Let's do this!" Finn laughs with excitement.

     Mr. Schuester and Miss Pillsbury laugh and hug, also. Then, we all do a group hug and talk about our plans. Miss Pillsbury will have the bills sent to her house and we all will pay for them. In a few months or so, we will all go out and shop for furniture for the baby. My first ultrasound is next week and we all will go. This is actually gonna work!

    "What about my baby bump, won't my dads notice?" I suddenly ask.

    "Uh, well when it really gets noticeable, you can come stay with me. Just tell your dads that it's a project in school and the guidance counselor recommended it!" Miss Pillsbury suggests.

   I guess we'll cross that bridge when we approach it.

I HOLD Finn's hand as we watch the ultrasound. There's the world's best daughter or son. Finn hopes it's a boy, but I hope for a girl. I can't wait to sign her up for all the ballet classes and singing lessons. Jesse was right he or she will be a little me. Talented, determined, and beautiful.

   Finn and I walk out of the room into the waiting room, still holding hands and smiling. Mr. Schuester and Miss Pillsbury stand up and hug us. I am so glad they are there for me. I would think the Glee Club would be more supportive and helpful, but recently all they've been is rude. My morning sickness is getting worse and all they do is push me harder. Especially Quinn. What's her deal?

    I could not have gotten here without Finn. We causes the mess, but thankfully he's helping me clean it up. Any other guy like Puck would leave her there, with shards of broken glass everywhere around her. Luckily, God looked out for me and made sure Finn was the right guy. I love him.