Chapter 7: Decision

"I know that's what people say-- you'll get over it. I'd say it, too.But I know it's not true.Oh, you'll be happy again,never fear.But you won't forget.Every time you fall in love it will be because something in the man reminds you of him."- Betty Smith, A Tree grows in Brooklyn

Leon dreams about their escapade in sunken El Dorado,when D was kidnapped by the Peruvians to look for the treasure,he was tagged along because he was looking for D and he got himself captured by the culprits too.He remembers that time when his wrists bled and he saw D's eyes so concerned to him and he nursed his wound.He said he's fine,he don't have to worry,but D told him that he cares for him.

He suddenly wakes up,when he look around him,he has no idea where he is,and he remember the beautiful lady who helped him,her name is Margaux.

He stood up and when he glanced at his watch, it's already 9 am.He gasps,he feels his cheek turns red in embarrassment.

He was startled when someone knocks at the door.

"Good morning sir,The lady wants you to join her in the breakfast room."The butler announced.

"I'm coming. Just wait a second."he answered.

He go to the washroom and he washes his face,he has to be presentable when he joins the lady in breakfast,he cast aside the dream he had lately.He decided to forget the past and this is the day to begin it.After the ritual morning routine,he was accompanied by the butler in the breakfast room,the house is so big! or rather he should called it a mansion.It's elegance is astounding.Margaux might be an elite.

"Good morning, Leon,please be seated."Margaux invited him with her beautiful soothing smile.

"T-thanks." he said nervously.

He caught a glimpse of her,she is so gorgeous,and her eyes are kind, she is so genteel that he can't afford to give a bad impression.

"How are you feeling today Leon?" Margaux asks,her eyes on him, willing to listen,unlike D.

"Crap! stop thinking of that idiot!" he said to himself.

"What is it? are you alright?"she asked again with a worried look.

He shook his head and he said he is fine.

"Anyway, i want to thank you for helping me, if it's not for you,i might be dead now." he said smiling.The Lady smiled to him.

"Don't mention it Leon, i am happy to help.By the way,do you have relatives here in the Philippines?Or friends perhaps? I might contact them for you."

"Thanks,it is so nice of you.I have a friend here,his name is Harris Owell,i think he's in the same city.If it is not too much if i ask you to tell him i need his help.I am grateful."he said politely, it is so weird that he don't freak out and say vulgar words this time,it might because of the lady that is in front of him.

"Sure,here you can call your friend."she offers her own phone.

"Thank you."

He get the phone and dialed the number that Harris gave him yesterday,it rings and finally Harris picks up.

"Hello,who is this?"

"Harris, it's Leon."

"Leon? oh how are you? Did you find her?"

He was stunned by the question but then he replied,"Yes,but the bad news was that i was robbed, i have nothing but my old leather jacket and oh yes,my lone mashed cigarette,thanks God,it was on my pocket." he said half-laughing.