Chapter 28 : Tarts and Cake

"You only get jealous in 3 reasons :

1. You envy someone's success

2. You can't have what he/she have

3.You're in love :) "

-Blackdoll-

Leon is glad that his classes are over,being a teacher is not easy.He remember when he was still studying,he is one of the brats in the class who always caused trouble,Once he made his teacher cried.Now he realized how hard it is to teach and to discipline the students.Some of his students are spoiled and arrogant,he swear to god how frequent he wishes to hit their shitty faces--especially those jerks who enters in his class,late for an hour without even saying sorry and look at you like there's nothing wrong with it.Thinking of those bastards is making him grits his teeth.Teenagers nowadays,(mostly)In general,regardless of their origins are uncouth,irresponsible and brainless.

He locked the room and he walked in haste,He would go to the count and would bribe him some tarts to forgive him.Leon thought---When a person is in love,he would do anything even if it's not your thing. Like he is about to do now,apologizing on something that wasn't his fault was a no-no.But because he wanted to end the drama,He would do it,and besides,he misses D.

He was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn't noticed that Jill was standing at the entrance of the college.Leon blinks as if he is seeing things,There's no way that the woman who is standing and smiling there at him is Jill,there's no fucking way-- he thought but then Jill called on him.

"Orcot!Have you gone deaf?"Jill said,her brows arched while crossing her arms.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Leon yelped in surprise.Jill just rolled her eyes.

"That's how you greet your friend?You're sure a rude arrogant bastard,Orcot."Jill said trying hard to looked like offended.But Leon just snorted at her spiel.Leon knew her too well.

"What brought you here Jill?" Leon asked curiously.

"I miss you." Jill thought but never voice it out loud.

"Why?Visiting you and the count." Jill alibied.

"What? You're spying in my affairs?" Leon groans,eyes widened.

"No..Idiot.I am just here to visit and check on you guys.Is that a bad thing?" Jill said tersely.

"Christ,Jill,sometimes you act like my mom."Leon grumbled in disbelief and shakes his head in exaggerated way that makes Jill laughs.

"Whatever Orcot. You'd better take me somewhere,I am starving." Jill said pointing in her flat stomach.

Leon just hissed."I can't,i would go to D's shop tonight.If you want you can come with me."

"Count D again,always first in his priority...." Jill mumbles.

"You're saying something Conner?" Leon asked Jill.She shook her head and declined the offer.

"No thanks.I went there this afternoon.We had tea" Jill said,and the scene earlier flashbacks in her mind that causes her cheeks flush in embarrassment.

"Oh,okay,I am very sorry Jill,but i have to go now,Maybe next time!You take care!"Leon said,waved her goodbye and he was gone like a mist.

Jill was left there alone,fighting her tears and curses in despair.

"I am no match against the Count....D already got his heart...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leon is standing outside D's pet shop and rehearsing words he would tell the count.He arrived there fifteen minutes ago,but he couldn't find the courage to pin the knob.He looks like stupid in those people who are passing by but he just ignored them.

"Whatever,i'll just give this to him and wait what will happen."Leon mutters and he slowly turns the latch.But he was surprised when he saw Trevor sitting closely beside the Count.His ears reddened in anger and jealousy.The count perked up as he saw Leon's reddened face--his eyes darting towards him and Trevor.

"Leon...just in time..I'd prepare some tea." D said nervously.

But Leon just ignored him and he is exchanging glances with Trevor.

"I smell trouble Count D,probably a fist fight." Ten-chan said while whistling.

D just eyed the fox sharply,Ten-chan gets what his master said and he flees.

"Now now,Leon,i know you're tired,Please be seated.Mr.Lucas thanks for the cake." D said trying to break the tension between the men.

"It's nothing Count.I'll go ahead." Trevor said and winks at him.

Leon scowled at Trevor and he cursed in distaste.

When Trevor is finally gone,Leon sits in the loft and throw his present at the table.

D was shocked by what he did and when he gazed at the table,his eyes beam in delight.A mango tart!His favorite!

"Thank you." D said in glee.Whatever his dear detective brings to him are the best!

"What the hell that bastard is doing here?As i remember,you guys are not friends,Are you?" Leon asked,his voice seems to be jealous.

The count restrains himself to chuckle,he finds Leon so adorable when he's jealous....

"Well,We're not,he is just here to talk bout business that's all." D said assuring Leon while teasing him by wearing his smirk.

"Like hell,i'd believe that!That idiot seems to like you,Can't you see it?" Leon wailed in jealousy.

Now the count cannot resist anymore and he laughs..Leon gawks at him and realized what he had said."Shit." he muttered.

"Are you jealous?" D asked grinning at his dear detective.

"Jealous?are you nuts?Why the hell i would be jealous?Hell! He isn't worthy to be my rival in the first place,he looked nothing but a dog shit." Leon hissed.

D just snorted at his dear detective's denial.Of course he knew that Leon is lying....

He knew the truth....Leon Orcot is indeed JEALOUS because if he isn't.He would not ramble like that or glares at someone like he's going for a kill,Is he?He knew because he felt the same way and he is patiently waiting for the right time to confess his feelings.

"Well then,,,as you said so...Would you like some tea?" D said in a very seductive voice that makes Leon speechless.