Chapter 23 : The Transfer Student

" Those who'll play with cats must expect to be scratched.  " - Miguel De Cervantes

Three months have passed since Leon arrived in the Philippines.He knew it was illegal to stay here because what he had was just a tourist visa and it expired long ago.But He couldn't leave the count,he fears that the bastard,ugly,uncouth stranger Trevor Lucas would snatch D away from him.

He still doesn't confess his love for the count,though they are flirting and teasing each other most of the times.They haven't kiss yet,though there are many times they could have,but they would interrupted as if it was something as a cosmic law,by somebody who could be a customer,his shitty spoiled animals,or that smug.He sometimes wonder if that jerk is doing it on purpose,he could actually feels that the guy is attracted to D as well,so he considered the idiot as a threat. 

It became a routine now,the asshole would come uninvited and would stay for hours,pestering him and D and telling tales he doesn't want to hear--all of them were made-up he believed.But the Count was being polite to him because unfortunately the sonofabitch---- was his landlord.

There are many times that he wanted to whack his pretty face and slam the guy's head in the wall for his idiocy.But he couldn't afford a law suit right now,especially he's technically a TNT in this country.He doesn't want to be deported not yet.....He has to convince D to go home...back in L.A where Chris is waiting for them.

He hates himself for having such a cold feet,confessing to a man is just a little---he couldn't put a right term for what he feels but it is far less than gross...it is more like bizarre...He scratches his head in distress.He works as a English professor in some cheap college near the shop,(Praise God,the school are not that strict of the qualifications and requirements and they badly needed a language teacher that time,Talking bout luck) his students are of various races,Majority are Filipinos of course,then several Chinese and Koreans,and few Vietnamese and Indians.He is glad that he could take advantage of his mother tongue,he can use this for living in this native land. Of course he is restraining himself on cursing in front of his class,but sometimes it just slips out occasionally.His nature couldn't be changed with ease after all.

He rents an apartment just one street away from D's place.He felt it was not right to abuse the generosity of the count and he doesn't want to depend on him at all.He still have his pride and he should let D sees that he is able to finance himself even he's not raised in this place. 

It is quarter to six when he finished checking the papers for the midterm exam.He is about to leave when without warning,a pretty young girl appeared.He wonders if the girl is his student in other subjects,The young lady is smiling at him.

"Hi,what i can do for you?" Leon asks the pretty lady.

"I am a transfer student Sir,i'm one of your class." The girl replied still smiling at him.

"Which class?" Leon buzzed.

"American Literature." The girl retorted.

"Okay...So what do you want Miss?" Leon inquired.

"Savedra." The girl said.

"Huh?" Leon asks his brows furrowed in confusion.

"My name is Rachel Savedra Sir." The young lady said in enthusiasm.

Leon just nodded at the abrupt introduction,the girl is still standing there and smiling.Leon doesn't know why he feels something is not right,and this young miss who claimed to be his student is quite suspicious.

"I am sorry if i disturbed you,I just noticed that the room was still lit so i peered and saw you.I thought i could say goodbye,as courtesy...If you know what i mean?" Rachel said defensively as if she read his thoughts.

"Ah sorry just i'm little bit tired,thank you.Well i gotta go,take care on your way home."Leon said and left in haste.

Rachel stood alone in the room and a thin smile looms in her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours,twenty four minutes and thirty five seconds....

Count D knows because he keeps on checking on the clock and wondering why his dear detective isn't here yet in his shop.He prepared a dinner for Leon,He then realized that his darling detective is late for an hour already,he begins to worry. It was been three months when the tragic happened,he had killed Margaux in protecting Leon.He knew that one way or another,her clan would avenge her death,and it puzzles him that he doesn't feel their presence now..or maybe...they are  just close watching and waiting if he foolishly let his guard down.He feels his head sores,he is worrying too much.

There's a loud knocking at the door that almost make him jumped off his seat.It is undoubtedly,surely,his vicious dear detective.He opens the door and the blue eyed man staring and smirking at him like he really did it on purpose to annoy him-of course.

"You're late." D complained,shooting daggers at his dear detective.

Leon's smile widened,he really loves it to see the count so pissed off,he finds it extremely charming.

"Don't be so grumpy D.I have something for you." Leon said ignoring the death stare of the count.

D eyed him suspiciously but when he saw the box of Oreo cheesecake,his eyes sparkles in glee.

"You're my hero." D yelped and Leon laughs at the count's absurdity.

The Count pulled his arms and led him inside.

Somewhere in the dark,someone is lurking...The stranger saw the fools with their traitorous smiles,she couldn't wait to rip those from their faces...

The Revenge would come quickly as a speed of light..

Before they know it,they would relinquish from life....

and the pledge would be fulfilled in laughter and blood.