Chapter 11: Trevor and the Extra Cup

"It's hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone, when you're heart still does." - Unknown

Count D was sleep deprived once again.no matter how hard he tried,he cannot put himself to sleep.Thoughts of Leon is haunting him like a ghost,that crystal blue eyes eyeing him with concern,with care...For a second he thought he might lost just looking at those orbs.He is now here in his chair,drinking Tea.

T-chan,Pon-chanTen-chan,Perceival and other animals are watching him,he knows that his animals might feel what he feels,he cannot unmask his emotions anymore,his loneliness and pain,all because of that human-Leon Orcot.

He wonders what Leon is doing right now,he wanted to help him,but given the circumstances,it would be impossible for him to interfere in his affairs.He should not bother himself of Leon's business anymore but whenever he tries,the more he sees himself meddling to it.

There's a simultaneous knocking at the door,he wonders who might be his first customer,he dreads walking and opening that door,but he did anyway.

" Count." Trevor said warily.

Count D was disappointed,what this man want this morning?Does he want another punch in a face?He don't have time to argue.

"If it is for yesterday's commotion,i apologized.What i did was wrong,but please if you are going to pest me,Not today i am not in the mood." D says truthfully.

"No,i'm just here to apologized as well.Here<gives a box of chocolates,Suddenly D's eyes sparkles in excitement but then he got suspicious,why this man is giving him a present?Is he trying to deceive him?For what?> Hope you like it." Trevor said with a smile.

"That is weird." D murmurs.

" Thanks.You really you shouldn't have."

" I insists." Trevor replied briskly.

"What is gotten to him?He might up to something." D thought to himself while studying Trevor. But for courtesy,he invited the man inside his shop.

"Would you like some tea?" D offered.

"Yes,Please."

D is completely puzzled,Trevor is suddenly a polite man today,he is thinking what could be his agenda?This sudden change of attitude towards him is kinda fishy.

He pours the man a tea,he remembers Leon,that cup is always there,when he is drinking a tea,there's always an extra cup,because the truth is that he hopes that someday,he would have a tea drinking session with his darling detective again,but right now it is quite impossible,for Leon hates him a lot,and he just don't know if he can have the courage to tell him what he feels.

He weakens as he remember his dear detective....He just can't forget him.Leon didn't just left him with memories but he also made him learned how to love.....

"Count, are you alright?" Trevor asks him kindly.

"I am fine,t-thanks." he said and drinks his tea.

"So,do you know that guy?The one who escorted Margaux last night?"Trevor buzzed him.

There was a long pause before he answered.

"Yes,he was an...acquaintance...." he said painfully.He does not want Leon to be part of his history,and why the hell did he let go of him? he asked himself.That does not make sense at all.

"I see,i heard he was a detective,he resigned four years ago..just to find you." Trevor said in a very small voice but he can hear it.

He doesn't want to answer or make a comment out of that statement.Actually it is a question to him,why did Leon left his career just to find him?He don't want to assume anything,but Leon's reason of quitting shocked him the most,it is very unlikely for that man to gave up his job for a stranger like him-Well not that stranger,but they are not also friends,he don't know exactly what relationship they built for two years,they are always fighting even in the silliest things,but one thing he knows for certain,They trusted each other and they do enjoy each other's company.

"W-well,i did not tell him to do that....it w-was his c-choice." D stutters.

Trevor gazes at him,D is not looking at him,he is drinking his tea with uneasiness,his trembling hands tells him so. That blonde affects the count so much,What exactly the relationship they had in the past? he quizzed himself but of course,he cannot answer that,and he don't want to ask the count about it,fearing that it would only shy him away and worst of all,he might hit him again.

After what seems to be an eternity,Trevor finished his tea and bids farewell to D. The count walked him towards the door and said his goodbye.

He don't know the reason behind that man's sudden change of attitude,he cannot trust him,so he just played along if Trevor is planning something,it would be best if he thinks he got the upper hand,that way he could always think of the plan how to get out of the mess Trevor is trying to put him into.

He sits in his chair and he glances at the extra cup...He is missing Leon....

"My dear detective,where art thou?" he whispers wistfully.