Chapter 52 : Power Unleashed

In the old and forsaken building where both thugs and even vermin resided,together with the lost and poor souls who were forced to do a dirty work to save their lives and to feed their empty stomachs,a picturesque of unspeakable horror and anguish were written all over the place.Days of being captive in this dark and hellish of a place unnerved both Chris and the young count,as well as the other children who were dragged to this hellhole,their eyes were hollow,dark circles represent both the nightmare and reality intertwined that were viciously exposed to their poor minds,tarnishing their innocence forever.

Young D fidgeted,he bite his nails in a habit,when he occasionally do when he's anxious or he's on his limits already,he don't want to freaked out,not in front of everyone,most importantly not with Chris who's beside him.He turned cold,sweat dripping furiously from his forehead,he wipes and wipes but with no avail...how could he ever relaxed?If someone,a kid not too young as he was was killed the last night when he tried to escaped.Imagine their horror when they were jolted from their sleep in the middle of the night just to see the gruesome fate of their young fellow,he shivers in fear,images of the young boy flashes on instant,eyes were gouged out,lips were broken,the left side of his head was gone,blood covered his body,its making him sick.He trembles in anxiety,panic soon will overtake him if he don't do anything about it.

Chris noticed the uneasiness of the young count,the room was poorly lighted,only few of the moonlight works it through the  holes of their roof,a dapple of light,gives them at least some relief.He takes Young D's hands and gently squeezes it,comforting him,as if he is transferring an energy to the young kami.The Young Count accepted it gratefully,Chris hands so strong and warm in his gives him hope,and a feeling that he's somewhat at home.He peers briefly to his companion,Chris is not looking at him,he's not looking at someone too,but he's gaze is focused on an inanimate object,of what,he isn't sure.Little lights from the moon is a blessing for all of them,it helps to strengthen their already broken spirits as they hope for freedom all over again.

He was startled when Chris glanced at him,his chest blasting madly on his chest.

"What is this?Why do i feel this way?",Young D mused to himself,looking at those blue orbs makes him dizzy,and he felt like he was hypnotized.

"D,are you alright?",Chris asked,his brows arched in worry.

The Young Kami swears though through his mind,almost biting his tongue in irritation.What's wrong with him,he asked himself for countless times,but still didn't know exactly what's happening to his dear mind and heart.He forces a smile,and pulls back his neutral face again.

"I am fine,Do not worry about me,I can handle myself.",Young D assures Chris.But Chris is still unconvinced.

"Says the boy who squeals when goons turned off the lights.",Chris teases with a smile.

Young D just rolled his eyes,his cheeks flustered red with embarrassment.His stupid heart just won't stop beating so fast.

"Whatever Chris,what's important right now is for us to come up with the plan on how to escape this place...we can't be here forever.",Young D answered,changing the direction of their conversation.