Chapter 44 :Young D

A/N : About the picture,for the readers who might asking why some people sees D's family's animals in a human form it is because they are gifted,and the animals chooses these people to be their rightful owner ;) So This is Milka in her human form.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Youngest D who was borne by the successful experiment of his father who was a geneticist was determined to go and find his elder brother Count D who he heard was residing in China Town.He sought help from the cicadas and other aerial beings to locate his pet shop,and the creatures gladly complied. This afternoon,while his grand father is reading his books in his library,he took the chance to summon the earth spirits as well as the creatures he sent for a mission,and he was glad that it was paid off because they gave him what he wanted,his eyes sparkles in excitement as he saw the map and the address of the said shop,he nimbly put this map in the pocket of his cheongsam.He schooled himself to be calm and oblivious so the elder kami won't suspect him of things that he actually did.

For his age of 6,he is precocious and highly-intelligent,and the most compassionate of their kin.This,was explained by his grand father Sofu D,that his sentimental and maudlin attitude which the elder kami disapproves,in his opinion,these values were the results of his father's relationship with a human. He still can see those savage look in his eyes that makes him quivers,he realized that time that he is half-kami and half-human,which in his own perspective isn't bad at all. But the idea alone makes his grand father turns to an evil and wretched beast-like creature and reproached him indignantly by having those filthy thoughts.

"Master,i do really hope that you realize the consequences of your actions..."The Young kami's most favorite pet,Milka reminded him.

He swerves to face his pet,rather his friend..Milka is rare breed of a Cockatiels,sometimes simply known as 'tiels',have so many positive traits as a pet,it is hard to know which characteristics are the most important.

They are hardy,clean,intelligent,gentle,inquisitive,playful,quiet,adaptable,undemanding,easily trained,easily bred,and the list goes on!They can often learn to talk,especially the males,and can easily be taught all kinds of tricks.Milka is a year older than him and they were inseparable since birth,he considers Milka as his best friend,so he honors his friend's advice.

"Yes,i knew it,You don't have to worry about me."Young D assured his concerned friend,but Milka wasn't convinced,she tried to argue with her friend,but she also knew that the young master won't never change his mind,so she sulked and tried to support his decision.

"Alright,if that's what you wish,but i want to come with you."-Milka offered.

The Young Kami's eyes widens in surprise and he shakes his head in disapproval.

"No you can't,it's my mission and it's dangerous."Young D said gravely.

"That's exactly the reason why i'm going with you! You're still a child,just in case you've forgotten!" Milka protested.

"Oh for the love of!! Would you please stop treating me as an incompetent and useless baby!I know the rules of this world and i can survive!"The Young Kami yelled,unaware that he did so.

Milka stood there frozen,this was the first time that Young D had shouted at her,she felt the hot tears welling in her eyes,she blinks to shoo them away.

The Young Kami realized what he did,and he hated himself for doing that,he wasn't this irascible but he was just so eager to meet his older brother and he wanted to save him from the heinous plans of the wrathful Sofu D.

He massages his temple and he hovers at Milka's direction and hold her hands,the creature's hands are trembling,he noticed but he understood and he felt abashed by his rudeness to his gentle friend.

"Milka... i am sorry,you know that i didn't meant to yell at you."Young D said in a soft voice.

"Apology accepted but you can't change my mind,I'll be going with you."Milka declared.

Young D's jaw stiffen in irritation,but he knew too well not to argue with this annoying cockatiel,for he would just bringing himself to a senseless argument that would only cause pain to his poor head.Milka really knew how to get through him,he smirks at this thought,and faces his friend.

"Fine,You won..but don't dare interrupt my plans or i'll feed you myself to the vicious pets of my brother."Young D warned Milka.

Milka just snorted at his friend's empty threat,she know that he is just bluffing,but she just let it slip away because she have no ardor to argue anymore.

"Alright,so when we will leave?"Milka inquired curiously.

"Tonight,when the potion completes it's effect."Young D answered with a mischievous grin in his face.

Milka was befuddled and then it was dawned to her,the young D made a potion for his grand father to escape.

"You rascal!"Milka said hoarsely and yet a sly smile was visible in her face.

The Young Kami ran for his dear life and the cockatiel chased him to the web of rooms,forgetting the tiff they once had.While the potion lies inside the cup of tea that the elder Kami emptied an hour ago,waiting to take it's effect,like a groom who's patiently waiting for his bride.