Chapter 40 : Behind That Cold Heart

"A person with a cold heart can only show their love by being cold."   

Trevor took Jill in a luxurious,First class club that she realized the man owned.She gaped at the marvelous and elegance interior and cannot helped but to be blown away.This might cost a lot of fortune that if she's going to pay,it would take for a lifetime,or rather,it would pass to her grandchildren as well.Somehow,she felt safe in this place,she heard Trevor called and told her to follow him at the roof deck which she did.

She was dazzled and totally awed at the sight that she saw from the roof deck,she can see now the city lights shining charmingly at her,to top that,she can see the sky littered with stars,as though it seems to welcomes her in this paradise.

She search for Trevor who is leaning over the railings and staring at the scene,she moves closer,quietly beside him.She glances at him,Trevor is handsome,No doubt with exception of his barbarian attitude,but she also learned that this man is also capable of doing good things even he told her that he didn't do charity which she refused to believe.

The coldness of the night starts to bite,and Jill hugs herself desperately to warm herself,but then she was startled when she felt the jacket wrapped around her,she helplessly gawks at Trevor who is also staring at her with expressionless eyes.

She starts to think why this man seems to be so cold?What makes him act like that?She believes that behind every person's attitude,there are reasons why they are behaving in such behavior,Take the Count D as an example,he appears to be polite,smart,and gives them that annoying smile that she believes is a facade to hide his real emotions,but also that smirk of his is the thing that Leon despises.That trained thin smile,she guessed was a defense mechanism,it was like a wall that built by the people who were hurt and shut themselves out of the world.Waiting and hoping that someday,there would be a brave and passionate person who is willing to break these walls.

Jill believes in the goodness of others,which her colleagues won't never understand,she is never cynical about People's capability of being good but she admits that she doubts it when it comes to Love.

Trevor don't understand why he took Jill in his haven,this roof deck is his favorite place to think and to vent his frustrations,This deck that almost licks the sky is his sanctuary.He contemplated on his reasons why Jill was here.... with him...This woman is irritating as hell,and he swear to God,he hates her,but then,he soon realizes why he took her with him....

He understood what this woman felt...

Pain... Misery.... Hopelessness...

He also felt the same way....

He laughs with no humor as Jill's brows arched in bewilderment,when he sees her frowning,it only makes him laugh harder.

"What's so funny?Did you finally snapped Trevor?Tell me and i would take you to the asylum."-Jill said,shooting daggers at him.

Trevor couldn't help but to gives this lady his evil grin,he realized that Jill is more beautiful and sexier when she's pissed.He snorted at this thought.Jill,uncomfortable now,seeing this nasty man eyeing at her and then burst out laughing,she cannot help but to imagine what vile things this smut foreigner might be thinking,her heart accelerates in that thought,and she stepped back in terror.

"What?" Trevor finally asked,eyes peering her in scrutiny.

She gulps in panic,she tries hard to look tough to make this man think she is not an easy target.(If so happen that her instincts are right.)

Trevor eyed her in confusion,he steps forward to reach her...

"Don't come any closer." - Jill warned the approaching man.

"and why not?" - Trevor retorts grinning.

"Stop,where you are Trevor,or you'll regret it."- Jill yelled,desperately and almost pathetic,trying hard to mask her shaking voice.

And Then Trevor did as what he was told.

"What the hell were you thinkin' Jill?" - Trevor asked.

Jill couldn't answer,she looks back and the exit door is just 15 meters away.She could outrun this guy if he ever start acting strange,she couldn't afford to risk her safety in the hands of a suspicious guy.

Clouded with her own doubts and fears,Jill didn't noticed that she was leaning over at the edge of a railing,which support is weak and under maintenance,Trevor aware of this tried to warned Jill but the woman seems to be deaf....

"Don't move!"-Trevor warned.

"What?"Jill asked confused and it happened so fast,she felt the railing collapses and she lost her balance,In shock she failed to hold the other side of the remaining ruins....

Jill closes her eyes in surrender,it might be her time to die....

which is favorable to her,because the pain might stop as well if her body dies....

But she was stunned when a strong hands pulled her away from her imminent death...

She was saved by Trevor!

She peered at this man,who is panting and whose face is ashen in both shock and Terror.

"What the hell are you doing???" - Trevor yelled at her,the veins in his neck almost visible but then her eyes blurred and there,she lost consciousness.