Chapter 10 : Suppressed Feelings

Leon sees Margaux walking towards him.D is just right behind him,looking perplexed,and pained.

But why? he asks...He struggles against himself,his mind tells him go ask the count what happened,but his heart is holding him back. It is just odd because normally it is contrariwise.

Their eyes met,and he feels this burning desire to pull him away from this place,to hold him,to tell him that he love him.. but then... he just can't,his heart had enough.

"You're having fun Leon?" Margaux asks.

"Y-yes." he lied.

"Can you please dance with me?" she said,her eyes begging.

He caved in. 

He hold this stranger's hands,taking her to the center,how he wish it is D,but she isn't.

D watches them while hiding his tears behind the curtain of his black hair,T-chan is frantic,he growls at Leon,calling the detective's attention.

D hates himself for being such a wimp,he had faced a lot of evil and horrendous things before,but in Love he sucks,he doesn't know what to do.

The music starts to play,his heart was taken away,D's eyes still on Leon and Margaux,In his head,repeats what Margaux told him,"Leon does not want his company anymore..."

His heart aches,his tears flows...Leon and Margaux held each other,passionately dancing in the rhythm.He felt so jealous,he wished that it was him,but he cannot do anything but to watch,and endure the pain alone.

He did not noticed that Trevor is standing beside him,staring at him worriedly,in his mind he is thinking,why on earth the Count is crying?He tracks what D is peering at and he saw Margaux and her escort,a blonde,good-looking man.Was the count crying over a woman out of jealousy or it is otherwise.

He also questioned himself why he bothered himself to care? This is the Count after all,the snob,audacious,too good to be true pet seller,the man he ought to kicked out off his territory.But something about this man is holding him back,and he doesn't understand it yet.

Trevor decided to break the silence, "Why are you so emotional Count?You're jealous of him?" he said eyeing D.

D in surprised was taken aback, he looked at him in a fury eyes.

"Whoa,shut it out,will you?I am just curious,and hell,why are you even crying? Don't tell me you're gay?"he said laughing.

The Count cannot stand him anymore so he hit him.

"Fuck! You little shit!"Trevor cussed in pain and wounded pride,his voice so loud that it was heard by Leon.He sees him lying on the ground while touching his broken lip.The looks in D's eyes are giving him the creeps,it is full of menace and anger like a wild animal that was badly provoked.

He went for the Count to help.It is too late to realized what he did because D already saw him,he was surprised and he scolded himself for this foolishness.D is looking at him,pleading,as if he wanted him to save his ass.

Which he  just did anyway,he stood beside him and asked the man lying in the floor, he is bleeding.

"What did you do to him?" he asked in an authoritative voice,the same tone he used when catching culprits.

The stranger looks at him in disbelief and cackles as he wipes the blood in his mouth.

"What did i do to him?I did not do anything,that psycho just whacked me when i asked him why he's crying,that bastard!"Trevor wails in hatred.

He was startled by what he heard,D is crying but why?

He looks at D now, he sees his cheeks reddened,he don't know why....

"You're an idiot Mr.Lucas,i am not crying,You got hit because you're annoying." D shoot back,his eyes avoiding Leon.

"You're unbelievable Count! I will never forget this." Trevor swear and he stood up,look at D and Leon and smirks.

"What a queer you are Count." Trevor said and left along with his guards.

D finally breathes,Trevor is nothing but a trouble to him,and then he realizes that Leon is beside him,he was frozen,his heart is pounding so fast,he can smell the strong scent of his perfume,his aftershave,his breathing,and he can even hear the beating of his heart.

He gulps in nervousness especially when Leon grips his arms that makes him turn.

That crystal blue eyes are eyeing him,they are damn hot and sexy.His lips are still red even he's smoking like there's no tomorrow,Oh God how he loved this man, he mumbles to himself.

"D... are you alright?"Leon asks in a very concerned look,he feels like he is melting right in front of him,that looks in his eyes,it cannot be faked,is it? So does it mean that Leon still cares for him?

" I am o-ok..." he managed to say finally.

There's an awkward silence between them,he wanted to speak but he cannot grasp a word to continue the chat.

Margaux is with Leon now,eyeing him,asking  what is wrong with him.

"Are you ok,Count?You may rest in one of our rooms if you're not feeling well." Margaux offered which he quickly declined.

"No thanks,I must better leave." he said not looking to Leon. He despised himself for losing the chance of talking to him again,Leon initiated the conversation but because he's such a fraidy-cat,he decided not to encouraged it,and besides.... 

Leon seems to hate him....

and he had hurt him a lot....

His promise to his father,he vowed not to neglect...this is one of the reason why he is suppressing his emotions....

His vengeance....

His oath...

"Well then...Thanks for coming,See you soon." Margaux bids him farewell and he left the ball without looking back......

Without telling his dear detective his real feelings.

Leon watched the count walked away from him again as he finally vanished in the sea of partying people.